Game Articles and Videos Thread

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Is it really the ultimate love letter to Final Fight and Streets of Rage? When one: Streets of Rage 4 already exists, and two: The TakeOver already covered the love letter part. I'm excited for Final Vendetta, but this title already feels like click-bait. This is not a knock against the game, but me criticizing the article itself.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I never got the PS1Multitap. We never had much use for it. Many of the PS1 accessories/peripherals we never bought, because most of them didn't interest us.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I never got the PS1Multitap. We never had much use for it. Many of the PS1 accessories/peripherals we never bought, because most of them didn't interest us.

Playing Astros playroom did show me a lot of Sony's history as far thier PS accessories.

Most of which I'd admittedly never heard of but I didn't start playing PS till the PS4 era.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Saleco is FEAR without the bullet time. The game is awesome from what I am hearing right now.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
I remember meeting a guy at a GS who loved Destiny (2 had not launched yet), and he was praising the shit out of it. Claiming how it's "the best shooter ever made and how everyone should be playing it! Or that every game should be exactly like it!". I told him, "Can't, too busy playing Doom 4, a better shooter. Also, other games I find more interesting". He was about to flip his shit, when I responded back with a "I don't care; deal with it.". Said man wisely shut up and leaved me alone. Wonder how he feels now. What a shill!
Aren't you kind of engaging in the same mindset though? If Destiny 2 wasn't out at the time, how can one claim that Doom 2016 is a "better shooter?" And by extension, as to how he feels now, maybe Destiny 2 IS better? Or he finds it better?

Speaking personally, I have no idea as to what Destiny 2 is like since I've never played it. Everyone on this forum probably knows about my disdain for Doom 2016, so I won't repeat myself there, but is it better/worse than Destiny 2? No idea.

I don't know if anybody but me on earth cares, but there's gonna be another Stargate game.

For those who don't know Stargate:SG1 was a sci-fi/action TV show based on the movie, starring MacGyver and then during its last few seasons John Crichton from Farscape. This game is semi-based on that, and is like the fifth or sixth Stargate game, and hopefully the first successful one.
I care, since I've watched every episode of Stargate ever (yes, even Infinity and Origins), but the gameplay looks pretty dreary. Which is weird, because Terran Command (by the same developer and/or publisher) looks dope.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Aren't you kind of engaging in the same mindset though?
No. The difference being, he was being obnoxious douche and getting on everyone's nerves. I said my piece, and treated it like an opinion; not a fact of life. Second, I never said every game should play like Doom 4. Though are plenty in the past 6 years that have taken influence from Doom 4, regardless if I wanted so or not. I do not have a problem and it has mostly worked out for the better.
If Destiny 2 wasn't out at the time, how can one claim that Doom 2016 is a "better shooter?"
For the record, he was talking about the first game. This conversation took place in late 2016.
And by extension, as to how he feels now, maybe Destiny 2 IS better? Or he finds it better?
That's the question I am pondering: How has his feelings changed overall on Destiny in general? It does not matter, because I have not seen him since then. Plus, the GameStop I use to hang around closed down last year.

Doom 2016, so I won't repeat myself there, but is it better/worse than Destiny 2? No idea.
For me, Doom 4 is better than both Destiny games. I did not care much for Doom Eternal and that's all I will say. I made myself clear plenty of times beforehand.

Reactions: Gordon_4

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
GameRant: Elden Ring: Mohg May Be the Souls Series' Worst LGBT+ Representation.

Just what?

Is it a slow news day that we're down to cringe clickbait ER articles? Are we out of cool ER lore or cool little details?

Mohg is a creepy incest rapey kidnapper pedo who runs a blood murder cult out of a creepy temple in the middle of nowhere. He's also hidden away in a dark corner of the game, with only the haligtree being harder to reach. I'm not sure how we get to LGBTQ rep from there.

I've been all over the ER stuff since it came out and I swear this is the first time I've heard this particular hot take from ... anyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
GameRant: Elden Ring: Mohg May Be the Souls Series' Worst LGBT+ Representation.

Just what?

Is it a slow news day that we're down to cringe clickbait ER articles? Are we out of cool ER lore or cool little details?

Mohg is a creepy incest rapey kidnapper pedo who runs a blood murder cult out of a creepy temple in the middle of nowhere. He's also hidden away in a dark corner of the game, with only the haligtree being harder to reach. I'm not sure how we get to LGBTQ rep from there.

I've been all over the ER stuff since it came out and I swear this is the first time I've heard this particular hot take from ... anyone.
Game Rant seems to do the most click baits out of anyone. More than IGN or Kotaku. I honestly hate Game Rant more than IGN or Giant Bomb. They have never anything useful to say or contribute.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Playing this on emulator actually makes the QTEs in this game harder!