Game Articles and Videos Thread

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Was legit surprised to hear Lords of Shadow is the best selling Castlevania by far, even after combining all the GBA games' sales.
Surprised you did not know that. I found out around 2013, and it did catch me a little off guard. Yet at the same time, I wasn't too surprised as the later GBA games while great, are more niche by comparison.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Surprised you did not know that. I found out around 2013, and it did catch me a little off guard. Yet at the same time, I wasn't too surprised as the later GBA games while great, are more niche by comparison.
GBA game were cheap to make but tended to have low sell number (unless they were called pokemon)

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Pablu Kuntz, the voice actor for Wesker in the og RE1, having fun redubbing Wesker from later games
Pablo and his son, Lexonal, playing RE1 for the first time. Lexonal picked Jill first, then did a Chris playthough. Here is the playlist for both.

Reactions: Chimpzy

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
It seems to me that a lot of people clamoring for a new Silent Hill game wouldn't be happy if they actually got one, because what they really want is something that'll make them feel the same way they did when they first played their favorite Silent Hill game, and that will never, ever happen.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It seems to me that a lot of people clamoring for a new Silent Hill game wouldn't be happy if they actually got one, because what they really want is something that'll make them feel the same way they did when they first played their favorite Silent Hill game, and that will never, ever happen.
Pretty much. I've seen the evidence myself from a few users on the DMC Fan Forums. I will say this is one of GB's better videos about the franchise as a whole. His video (which is suspiciously not on his channel anymore) from about 6 years ago (when PT got cancelled) was just him insulting/making fun of any SH fan being upset/disappointed for the cancellation of PT/Silent Hills. GB went on these insulting bad diatribes about how PT "wouldn't work" and how Kojima "would fuck it up" with little to no evidence to back up his opinion. Other than the usual armchair theory. You know some stuff dude, but don't ever treat your opinions like their 100% facts and truths. I am glad GB has moved away from this, and this recent video seems like an almost apology sorts, but an actual genuine apology would be better, than acting like the shitty attitudes you displayed never happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Even barring any more legit sequels or reboots, if the original game just got the REmake treatment, I think that would go a long, long way with fans of the franchise; myself included.