Game Articles and Videos Thread

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I liked it only for the info. Really surprised to hear as it looked fun as hell in previews.
I made a mistake. I checked more reviews, and most people like the game fine. There are few who didn't like it, such as GGmanLives. Otherwise, a majority of them are giving between 7-8 scores, or a recommendation. How much you love the game depends on how much you like the semi-old-school style of gameplay, and if you enjoyed GoW4 and GoWR, as that is Evil West's inspiration. The upgrade system is great from what I have seen, and robust movement in your character kit. The game does have online multiplayer, but experienced isn't shared. Another complaint common across the board, is some limited enemy variety and some slight repetitiveness around late game. I know can't speak for you, hanselthecaretaker, but I think you will like this game fine. I plan on getting it some point after Gungrave GORE and Callisto Protocol.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
I mean, as soon as I saw a few seconds of it Evil West gameplay (watched SkillUp as usual) I immediately figured God of War (granted, it's in my head 'cause that's what I'm playing now) and, sure, yeah, that's what the man said so.... hell yeah, it looks badass, excited to play it at some point.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
immediately figured God of War (granted, it's in my head 'cause that's what I'm playing now) and, sure, yeah, that's what the man said so.... hell yeah, it looks badass, excited to play it at some point.
That and I noticed some God Hand and a little bit of Bulletstorm.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
He didn't like. Whatever. Yahtzee has some points, but I really don't care. The game is doing great for fans old and new, and that's all that matters to me,

Certain games it's almost assured Yahtzee is never gonna like and some genres he never really bothers with, like flight sims or RTSs.

I guess it is what it is.

I never got into sonic myself and freedom planet 2s demo was the closest thing I've played in years. My take on that was it felt like a pretty good sonic type game and while that didn't do much for me, I also really I'm not who the game is for and I'm glad it's there for people who do like those games.

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Certain games it's almost assured Yahtzee is never gonna like and some genres he never really bothers with, like flight sims or RTSs.
It's gotten even worse for him, or more predictable in many cases. Granted, there ain't a lot left to like in the AAA sector, but it's really taken a toll on him. Yet I am tired Yahtzee, Simmons, Pat, Sterling, and certain others saying, "3D in Sonic games don't work". It's a dumb take that has gotten way of hand. You people don't like the 3d games or prefer everything to be 2D/like the old games (Simmons and Pat), but you sure as hell don't speak for me, the fans, or others that enjoy the newer games. I don't like all of the 3D games either, but the 3D worked in Sonic Adventure 1, Sonic Adventure 2, Heroes, Unleashed and Colors (as much as I don't like either game), Lost World (the 3D movement was the least of most people's problems) and Generations. So can you do everyone a favor, and just don't bother with any of the new games ever again? Especially to the two jaded Sega fans I mentioned. That means you Simmons and Pat!

I never got into sonic myself and freedom planet 2s demo was the closest thing I've played in years. My take on that was it felt like a pretty good sonic type game and while that didn't do much for me, I also really I'm not who the game is for and I'm glad it's there for people who do like those games.
Thank you and much appreciated for the sincerity and honesty.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia

I don't usually bother on this thread, but, without hyperbole, this has got to be one of the dumbest VG-based articles I've ever seen. And that's saying a lot.

Reactions: BrawlMan

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

I don't usually bother on this thread, but, without hyperbole, this has got to be one of the dumbest VG-based articles I've ever seen. And that's saying a lot.
Tell me the writer has a police uniform fetish without saying the writer has a police uniform fetish.

Reactions: BrawlMan and Hawki

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

It's Kotaku, fuck'em and ignore their stupidity as usual.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
An pretty pro gaming take on the narrative debate going on lately -
At least some YouTubers don't have their heads up their asses, and notes the many positives of all these good and great games coming out. 2022 has been a great return to form of great games and game design. We're in a world where gaming storytelling has gotten even better! We're in a gaming world where DMC 5, God of War 5, Bayonetta 3, and even a new Gungrave exists! Something thought to be either impossible or frowned upon for being "childish or stupid". We got IPs from the AA and indie sector making a killing and brining in new types of games and gamers! What more do you assholes out their want?! Either enjoy the games, or don't. How about you don't fuck around and leave people to their own enjoyment?

Reactions: hanselthecaretaker