Game Articles and Videos Thread

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
@Old_Hunter_77, for you. Darksiders II analysis by Whitelight.

Dude I can't believe you sent me a 3 hour video, lol. Like, in a good way, my dude. I was looking for something to listen to while doing mindless work and chores today. I will watch only up to the point I played of course and come back over time. Thank you!

Reactions: BrawlMan

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
Yahtzee likes it
lol @ ending multiplayer line. I certainly share his disdain for the current trend in smushing the various game modes.

So, yeah, this is definitely a wait for it to be on sale but play it for sure on a weekend type of game

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Yahtzee likes it
I'm not sure what's going on but I have to wait till the youtube version comes out. No matter how I try to watch it on the escapist site, I get videos that seem like random and not ZP and I have no idea how to fix it.

Honestly, I kinda hate how the main escapist page has become an ad filled hellscape unless you either adblock or page for the escapist+. I know they need money but if half the real estate is annoying pop ups and/or video ads it's really fucking irritating and I don't want to bother using it or just adblock the shit out of it to make it remotely viewable.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
lol @ ending multiplayer line. I certainly share his disdain for the current trend in smushing the various game modes.

So, yeah, this is definitely a wait for it to be on sale but play it for sure on a weekend type of game
My older brother is going to get Evil West for me as a Christmas gift.

I'm not sure what's going on but I have to wait till the youtube version comes out. No matter how I try to watch it on the escapist site, I get videos that seem like random and not ZP and I have no idea how to fix it.

Honestly, I kinda hate how the main escapist page has become an ad filled hellscape unless you either adblock or page for the escapist+. I know they need money but if half the real estate is annoying pop ups and/or video ads it's really fucking irritating and I don't want to bother using it or just adblock the shit out of it to make it remotely viewable.
That's weird that's happening. I don't like the ads either, but I never had anything happen like yours did. Maybe you can talk to a site administrator and see what's up. I don't blame you for waiting.

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Depends on what franchise and series are talking about, and the opinions of different people. Me personally, I consider Evil Within 2 to surpass Resident Evil 4-8, in terms of modern over the shoulder survival horror, but also carries the essence of the classic PS1 titles. I know 7 & 8 are first person, but I still will take EW2 over either of those. Even when a spiritual sequel or successor doesn't surpass the original, it doesn't make the accomplishments or success of those successors any less important. I know quality is a factor as well. I've played many of the spiritual sequel or successor, that is just as good as original. Maybe not always better, but just as good. Though some are better than their original counterpart.

Reactions: FakeSympathy