Game Articles and Videos Thread

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010

Well, Jim seems to have officially lost it. Idk if anyone will ever seriously pay enough attention to him for his constant rants to have any meaning, but the line at 13:17 about not giving a rat’s ass about an event for “people who like videogames or other childish bullshit that’s beneath me” unless it involves some stupid *non*apology to mock just makes him sounds like a legit arrogant, pompous ass.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Well, Jim seems to have officially lost it. Idk if anyone will ever seriously pay enough attention to him for his constant rants to have any meaning, but the line at 13:17 about not giving a rat’s ass about an event for “people who like videogames or other childish bullshit that’s beneath me” unless it involves some stupid *non*apology to mock just makes him sounds like a legit arrogant, pompous ass.
I don't think Jim's going off the deep end, but really doesn't give a shit about the events anymore. They could have handled that statement better, I thought he was his calling out the people acting like brats for not getting any exciting news. I can't say I blame him about the events part. I didn't even touch the Blizzard Con event. If you don't want to keep watching them, then do the thing. Simple as that.

Last edited:

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private

Its shit like this is why I can't stand this fuck anymore and stopped watching him ages ago. Outrage Baiting Arrogant fop. Go play your pretentious hipster games from hipster indie developers.

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
Its shit like this is why I can't stand this fuck anymore and stopped watching him ages ago. Outrage Baiting Arrogant fop. Go play your pretentious hipster games from hipster indie developers.
And getting outraged over bland games as painfully I used to enjoy Sterling's videos. But Yahtzee shows how to seperate the bland from the bad since in hindsight TLOU2 really struck a lot of nerves on genres in Yahtzee didn't like (It was a Small(Innocent) Child in a Scary World horror game made by someone most escapism seeking gamers detest more than Jack Thompson in his prime because nothing is worse than internal critcism.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private

Wow, I have never seen a more unfocused, all over the place, and lost the topic video game lecture I have ever seen.
What do I mean?
Video Starts with talking about how bad the final level in Mario Sunshine is.
Then dedicates a segment to talking about the Pachinko level and other bad levels.
Then all of a sudden he goes on to talk about Warcraft 3 and how bad its Reforged version is and just general things about the bad stuff game companies do.
WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE VOLCANO LEVEL IN MARIO SUNSHINE?!
I have never seen a video lecture that just goes all over the place that it forgot the topic it was talking about. Like I thought this was about the overall poor level design of the Final level of Mario Sunshine, why am I being given a history lesson about Warcraft 3 and Blizzard and how they fallen and became bad?
And why is this video 20 minutes long to talk about this one thing

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Go play your pretentious hipster games from hipster indie developers.
Jim would take that as a compliment. At least most indie developers try and make good games with some kind of replay value, and not constantly dicking over the consumer. I don't consider most of them hipsters either. Honestly, the term/insult, "hipster" lost all meaning years ago as far back as 2013/14 for me.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Great thread idea; I was wondering where to post this video as it doesn't merit a thread of it's own, but you'd already created the perfect place!

This is fucking CRAZY. Before watching (as I’m sure ALL of you will,) how long do you think it’d take to grind to the max level (99 in all stats) before ever reaching Firelink Shrine in Dark Souls 1 (before leaving the Undead Asylum?) The answer is pretty astounding…

hanselthecaretaker

My flask is half full
Legacy
Nov 18, 2010
Great thread idea; I was wondering where to post this video as it doesn't merit a thread of it's own, but you'd already created the perfect place!

This is fucking CRAZY. Before watching (as I’m sure ALL of you will,) how long do you think it’d take to grind to the max level (99 in all stats) before ever reaching Firelink Shrine in Dark Souls 1 (before leaving the Undead Asylum?) The answer is pretty astounding…

Daaaaaaammmnnnn. I was thinking this was something requiring a certain modicum of insanity even abusing the best farming locations let alone perhaps duping boss souls or something. But staying on Undead Asylum...that is a master class of...well, dedication is the obvious choice noun.

Guessing one might need to take up permanent residency there after a feat like this too.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Daaaaaaammmnnnn. I was thinking this was something requiring a certain modicum of insanity even abusing the best farming locations let alone perhaps duping boss souls or something. But staying on Undead Asylum...that is a master class of...well, dedication is the obvious choice noun.

Guessing one might need to take up permanent residency there after a feat like this too.
Can you imagine accidentally losing a blood stain after, say, half way? I'd kill myself and anyone else within a one mile radius.