Game Dogs: Episode Three: Mr. Yee

General Vagueness

Feb 24, 2009
I was going to say something about pitching three balls and Game Dogs missing each one but there have been little redeeming things here and there and it's seeming rather Dilbert-esque, and I like Dilbert, but some of it falls flat for me because I've never worked in an office, much less a cube farm. I'll call these fouls and give it one more chance. I hope for your sake you don't blow this, Game Dogs. Anything less than definitely completely good for almost the whole thing and you're getting left at the pound and I'll go home and play with my golden retriever, Yahtzee (seriously enough dog references people).

Hyperpolice

Feb 4, 2010
To be quite honest, I didn't like anything about these 3 episodes. Bad animation, bad character design, bad voiceacting, and horribly bad jokes. *sigh*
This is NOT a quality show, and should belong on Newgrounds instead of The Escapist.

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
remmus said:
meh decent, think you should stick to doing fun about the gaming industry, not general office jokes like the absent-minded office boss.
And absent-minded (or empty-headed?) bosses are not a problem with the games industry?

I think this episode demonstrates the root cause of every single movie-license game ever.

But yeah, it is kind of a general office joke sort of thing too. A bit Dilbert-ey.

Inconspicuous Trenchcoat

Shinku Hadouken!
Nov 12, 2009
This episode was definitely the best one yet. I actually chuckled audibly, once or twice. Garry is not funny ever, just so you know. What is with Garry popping up at the end of the intro to say, "Are you insane?!" That's just out of place and not humorous in the slightest. I agree with some of the others, that Chet's game design idea joke falls flat. At least 50% of the jokes in this episode fell flat, which is better than the first two, so keep it up.

Suggestion: You should put a filter over their voices when they growl so it sounds more like a dog and less like a lame attempt at growling by a human.

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
Well this episode completely lost my interest in this show.
I was having high expectations but....

p.p: Ill keep an eye on the new ep threads tho....if ppl suddenly start going hoooraaaay ill check whats been going on. hope it does turn around.

reese522

Sep 3, 2009
Hyperpolice said:
To be quite honest, I didn't like anything about these 3 episodes. Bad animation, bad character design, bad voiceacting, and horribly bad jokes. *sigh*
This is NOT a quality show, and should belong on Newgrounds instead of The Escapist.
I disagree because the character art and voice acting seems alright. I do however agree about the animation and comedy.

The characters are animated just like the behind the scenes episode stick puppets. I get that the series needs to release episodes weekly but you could improve little things such as adding walk cycles and better arm/hand movements.

The comedy isn't the worst but it's not interesting. The dialogue from Bob was the only smile worthy part of this episode for me. I prefer the comedy from Doraleous and associates over Game Dogs.

There's my two cents worth and I hope the future episodes get better.

Goremocker

Lost in Time
May 20, 2009
The animation oddly reminds me of south park,The setting reminds me of code monkies,and the comedy reminds me of...hmm nothing i guess.I gave the show three chances but it seems like it's still growing.I'll give it more time for sure because I find it funnier as time goes on, but please for the love of god get a better mic for the girl!

Oyster^^

Dec 27, 2008
Best of the series in retrospect. Some of the jokes are actually delivered with good timing. Almost cried when yee delivered that line when we was walking out. Sheesh there is some unfunny stuff in this series.

Great opening music though :D

Gobolo

Jun 24, 2009
I think this is a metaphor for the development of the show. People were had an idea for a not so bad series on the internet, but then the aristocrats came and said noooo we'll make a bad series on the internet which doesn't even make people laugh. The only time I've smiled in the first three episodes was the sword throwing.

AllLagNoFrag

Jun 7, 2010
I knew presevering on with this series would pay off. I am starting to like it. Best ep out of the ones before this.

Neferius

Sep 1, 2010
Well... now at least I know who's name to write down in my DeathNote.
Goodbye mr. Yee! Have fun being number eight in HELL ...MuhahaHaHA!!! :D