Game Dogs: Launch Party

dracoslayer16

Jun 19, 2009
It had some moments but I'd still have to say the pacing of the jokes are way off. Some jokes are dragged on far too long and others are funny but done wrong.

This show still has potential but it keeps focusing on the things that are the least bit interesting.

Guy Montag

Jan 9, 2010
I only laughed at the abrupt Bob freakout, which is certainly an improvement. hoping you go upward as you go onward.

HyenaThePirate

Jan 8, 2009
The saddest thing about this show is that they shamelessly exploited the only popular character that people halfway liked... Bob.
Unfortunately, what makes the show suck even more now that Bob is no longer likable.

Sorry guys. I thought maybe after some time off, a new season might change things a bit, give the writers a chance to really hone their craft and build a solid foundation for the show.

Instead it was like you guys wrote, animated, and voiced this episode over a three day weekend and a couple of redbulls.
Well I can put it to rest now... no more Game Dogs for me. Last bridge has been burned.

ruff1298

Jul 26, 2009
Wow. This is awesome. I was waiting for the day that Game Dogs will go back online, and now that it has with all sorts of new insanity coming up, I love it even more than before. Excellent episode, by the way, I loved Bob's War Freak-Out.

Sep 17, 2009
Evilsanta said:
Damn that was funny. And Bob is quite badass.
Cabamacadaf said:
Still not very funny. Bob is still the only funny character.
Bob is Milton from Office Space. In the first season they were literally the same exact character.

OT: Meh, it's just not my thing. I gave it another shot.

TriggerSad

Aug 14, 2010
Was I supposed to laugh? I mean, reading through a few of these comments, this show is a comedy... Why was it not funny?
Also, why do they move back and forth like that when they talk? It looks weird...

KhakiHat

Dec 28, 2008
Bob = I never liked the trio, and I only watched this episode cause the trailer suggested more Bob, a character who's personality is like a raging cow flinging tornado under a wet spider-man bed sheet.

BTW, has anyone else cringed when Mr Yee's "lady" friend opened "her" mouth? I smell astronomic proportions of hi-larity!

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Much improved from the last season, but it's still kinda dull, and more after watching the great promo and playing the awful/awesome Satans Retrievers.

I kinda like this series, it rarely gets a laugh from me, but it's still quite entertaining and this season looks quite promising.

Mausenheimmer

Feb 11, 2008
So, I have a question. If it's the launch party for the release of Satan's Retrievers, how can the gang already be receiving royalty checks from sales?

Timbydude

Crime-Solving Rank 11 Paladin
Jul 15, 2009
I keep watching to see if this show has improved. It hasn't.

The continued existence of this show only shows stubbornness on the part of the creator(s). I'm not trying to insult the people who work on this, but the fact that the show is made by Themis Media itself makes its airing very insulting to the people who constitute the site's community. The vast majority of Escapists do not enjoy this show, and as such its presence feels like a giant "We can do whatever we want" statement by the site's administrators.

It really makes it tough to advertise this site to my friends when this show is front and center on the home page. Some of my friends watched Game Dogs before looking at anything else on The Escapist, and refused to view the rest of the site because of it. Considering that this site is bursting with outstanding content, it's really a shame that so many resources are devoted to something that is despised by most of the community. Again, I love the Themis Media staff itself because of this amazing site/community it has created, but I just fail to see why it is so stubborn about Game Dogs.

Seriously, take the money you're spending on this show and give the Doraleous folks a nice raise. They deserve it.

AWDMANOUT

Jan 4, 2010
It's just... not that funny. Bob has some funny bits, but the rest of the characters are just so static... meh.