Game Dogs: Voice of the People

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
......where is the funny that was promised in the promo?

you know what game dog producers, you can make your epsiodes come out bi weekly if you can promise the writing and acting will be better. please more slap stick. We should see more of the promo characters.

Lightslei

Feb 18, 2010

I gots me an idea.

Scrap the show, and start over from scratch. First the characters were so generic, then you try to take them forward and it's at a snails pace that the world is turning faster then they move so they end up moving backwards anyway.

Start with new character that don't fall into the confines of this stupid ideology or at least with something better.

Gary's character has no reason to exit, he's an ass, we get it, it doesn't need to be restated 10^40925141x times.

I could probably write a whole analysis on how this show could've been better. Here let me try:
Gary = Eliminated
Mr. Yee = Random Guy who thinks he works there.
Bob = Leave Alone
Bethany = Make her in charge of the company and a ***** (I mean a pregnant female dog in this case) with a sharp impatient bite.

Make Chet actually useful.

You hype Brian to be this genius, well prove he's a genius who somehow got forced into servitude to work for this company instead of developing a program, selling it and making his own.

Did I hit everyone important? :/.

Kimosaber

Nov 2, 2008
It was...meh. There really wasn't anything that I could pull away from this either positively or negatively. It was just sort of there, taking up space.

Honestly, I wonder how I'd do writing this show sometimes. Maybe I should write something and send it in.

Stoic raptor

Jul 19, 2009
Drakmeire said:
I seem to be getting a Samuel L Jackson Vibe from the sword dog.
I HAVE HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHERF&#&ING DOGS IN THIS MOTHERF*%&ING GAME!!!
well, not in that way, I actually like this series. It's better than Apocalypse Lane was.
Here take this

Im suprised your still unscathed

zakwak01

Apr 19, 2009
when i first watched the pilot i did not even chuckle as i thought this was a plot driven thing of which droned its interest via its intricacy. But as the show progressed i quickly realized that was not the angle this show intended to take being its short length episodes with no real plot development or character development what so ever. Its like they are trying to sell this show on premise alone.
Look game dogs you have your basic character architecture and plot directions. Now how about you be brave actual built on your premise. And no this does not mean up the swearing in the dialogue!!!

Basicaly Game dogs stop wasting your animation budget and do something!!!

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
Anyone else amused at seeing a video titled 'Voice of the People' next to the question of the day box which is headed 'Vox Populi'?

...just me then. I hope that was deliberate.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
I just can't get behind this episode. The swearing felt especially unnecessary and besides the strange acting techniques I didn't really find much of anything all that funny.

DarthFennec

May 27, 2010
That was ... interesting. Made me smile a bit. It would have been a lot better if there was some kind of reason they were doing this, then I wouldn't have to spend all episode being confused as fuck ...

Westaway

Nov 9, 2009
They need a story, give a reason behind Bob acting wierd (I mean like at total random)

Wolfy1328

Aug 15, 2010
Sorry dude, its not working.

the fact that bob goes crazy is just retarded. I like him better being awkward, and quiet.

also, adding swearing really doesn't make things any better.

I think thats the only changes the show needs to be good.

Snapette

Mar 1, 2010
MasochisticMuse said:
I mean, just the title of the series itself "Game Dogs"... just so generic. Stop it. Just stop.
I'd been wondering how many actually realized that the simplistic-sounding title of "Game Dogs" is, I believe, a clever pun, referring to hunting dogs (ie, dogs that hunt game. They're called game dogs. Thus, we have another type of game dog here...yeah.) I mean, I'd bet that that's the title's source.

Anyway, have to concur that peanut butter lattes do sound pretty fantastic.

To Lightslei: Brian? Do you mean Roger? Also, a "*****" is any female dog, not just a pregnant one. Not that your idea wouldn't be interesting.

I found that little episode funny, but, like other people, also somewhat confusingly random...I'm not sure where it's going or how it fits into the surrounding plotline, since there was little explanation of what was happening and why. I guess it could potentially tie in with the prior "marketing" episode, maybe...

Speaking of Bob, I suppose I really should've seen his transformation coming earlier. There was clearly something going on with him, and now that he's snapped, I have to wonder if or when he'll revert to his old self! Will there be some trigger that causes him to flip back and forth?

Oh, and swearing hardly ever bothers me. The show was never touted for kids. Profane or clean, whatever--I don't care as long as it's good...and yes, I would approve of the show. Still not perfect, but they ARE still doing an episode a week, so...I can't exactly expect anything totally superb..

talonjadeone

Apr 15, 2009
OK, I'm officially done with this show...Where are the characters? What is the point? What is the PLOT? In the first 3 episodes I learned about the dynamics of the three main characters and their little world of??? WHATEVER! It was fun but now its just/ random stuff with this Wolverine gag...Just do us a favor rename your show "BOB--Wolverine!" Do yourself a favor watch Doraleous and Associates...Really, notice how even though the jokes are funny and the path is skewed IT STILL HAS A PATH! its going somewhere at all times the show is progressing with plots, goals, REASONS, and driven by solid character arcs!
I care about the plight and success/failure of the characters I CARE about whats happening!

Your show is aimless, JOKLESS,Plotless,Characterless,and BORING!
If you wanna save it go back to the roots of your story! TELL A STORY then follow through with a path...its basic story telling! Its like your just trying to be edgy without care of story but really we WANT STORY with a dash of madness! not a gallon of it... Sorry guys but BOB is not a compelling enough character to reign in your show highhandedly... Develop your character arcs...Read the book "45 Master Characters" by: Victoria Lynn Schmidt...
honestly I think you have a good opportunity here, I don't wanna see you fail and I wanna give good constructive criticism...

APSunder

Filmmaker
May 25, 2010
Unfortunately, I have to echo everyone elses' opinion of 'Kill it now'/'Epic Fail'. The series doesn't have the actual comedy or adventure elements of Doraleous and Associates. And while there's something to be said about complications of making animated content as opposed to live-action content, Game Dogs doesn't compare to A Good Knight's Quest in terms of production quality or adventure elements.

CynicalRaver

Oct 2, 2008
Poomanchu745 said:
Anyone else hear the people in the background while the voices were being recorded? Either get a sound proof studio or shut the hell up while recording.
Uh... thats the background voices of the actor dogs...