Game Dogs: Voice of the People

tea bag

Jun 21, 2009
fKd said:
what? is your comedy bone broken? AL was gold. the rooster told me so, so it must be true!
Every time someone references the Rooster it makes me miss him so much! The good old days....

Polock

Jan 23, 2010
Bob going crazy was great the first time. Now its overused....like Gary was when he would say things multiple times in season one. If you had kept Bob normal, and used his vietnam flashbacks rare and well timed, he would have been a great character. As it stands..none of these characters are funny : /

General Vagueness

Feb 24, 2009
the whole I time was like "they're about to make a joke" and it never happened-- if that *was* the joke, you can color me amused, otherwise this is just another step down the dark stairway to cancellation and irrelevance
anyone want to explain again why this is on and De-rez is gone?

wonkify

Oct 2, 2009
I just can't help myself. I don't understand why this is, but I laugh every single time Bob offers his "Wolverines!" battle cry. I just jabs my funny every time he does it.

What can I say, I'm simple like that.

Freyar

Solar Empire General
May 9, 2008
Hmm.. I can't say if I like it or not. I felt more of a "What the hell" vibe from this, and Bob's "Wolverines!" cry is starting to get a bit over-used. I feel bad for being critical, but it just didn't resonate with me the way a comedy sketch normally does.

As others have written, this episode seems to be detached from the main plotline as well.

Bakaferret

Jun 18, 2009
Gotta say, I'm disappointed...

I really gave the series another try. The second season so far has made me smile, and even chuckle a few times. But seriously, this was AWFUL. Not a single part of this made any sense. Why are they making a commercial starring the developers? And why not use the ACTUAL DEVELOPERS instead of hiring actors? WTF did Bob do to the coffee, if anything?

This whole episode feels like you guys skimmed the comments from previous ones, took what few compliments we gave, and then threw them all into one episode. People like Bob saying "Wolverines!" ? Let's just throw that in there! Hey, they loved it when we threw a few curses in the last one! Let's do more of that! It felt really thrown together at the last minute. Were the two voice actors playing the dog actors friends of yours that you were doing a favor for? It really came across that way...

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
Blue-State said:
"You smell that?"
"Smells like peanut butter."
"Not to me. To me it smells like Victory. WOLVERINES!"
Oh Bob, you so crazy.
Bob is the only reason I watch this show.

Not even Jon Etheridge can save the rest of it for me.

I like the swipe at actors, though :D
My friend is a film student and most of the time he has to deal with absolute retards... which is hilarious, because they all have egos and talk about "their craft" like they're Sean fucking Penn, apparently!

Obviously, there are really hard working professional actors who treat every job seriously, but funny nonetheless!