GAME not stocking Mass Effect 3

Phenakist

Feb 25, 2009
To explain what happened here, EA were giving them a terrible deal compared to the other traders, and GAME was going to suffer for it in the long run, so they basically said "Give us a fair deal or fuck off". EA chose the latter.

Edit - tad more relevant discussion just in case

I'm not sure how to feel about this, part of me respects GAME for not bending over, and part of me thinks they're idiots given EA has such a HUGE market share, oh and GAME won't be able to sell Fifa now, and we know between that and Cod they could stay afloat without much bother, given the sheer size of the chav market.

Barley Seed

Mar 7, 2011
I'm not so bothered that my CE order has been cancelled and that I won't be getting it (probably because I'll never be able to find it again). I'm more disgruntled with the fact that GAME was the only place that sold the Masters edition of Tiger Woods 13 and now they've also cancelled that order for me. Never thought I'd ever be more excited for a sports game than something like Mass Effect.

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011
I hold no love for GAME, if this is news of their exploitative practices coming to an end then good job economy!

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Seems like Game wont make it. Mass Effect 3 would really perk their sales and now they wont get that opportunity. This is actually kinda sad. I rarely do retail, but this sucks for those who do and for the employees.

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
Revelo said:
A £5 gift voucher as a way of saying sorry feels pathetic too, I know they didn't take my money but there isn't anything else I want anyway...
To be fair, if they're going down the shitter im surprised they're even giving away £5 gift vouchers.

Anyway im really disappointed about losing my CE that ive had pre ordered for 8 frikkin months -.- but i saw this coming when i noticed that last night when it had mysteriously vanished from their site... still its pretty annoying.. and now im gonna have to do my physical game purchasing from HMV which are always over priced =[

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
I went in recently on a whim and bought 3DS ocarina and mario and a guide for ff13-2 and the amount of pre ordered games they were trying to shove down my throat was hilarious.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Revelo said:
Ilikemilkshake said:
Revelo said:
A £5 gift voucher as a way of saying sorry feels pathetic too, I know they didn't take my money but there isn't anything else I want anyway...
To be fair, if they're going down the shitter im surprised they're even giving away £5 gift vouchers.

Anyway im really disappointed about losing my CE that ive had pre ordered for 8 frikkin months -.- but i saw this coming when i noticed that last night when it had mysteriously vanished from their site... still its pretty annoying.. and now im gonna have to do my physical game purchasing from HMV which are always over priced =[
Dude, get it from Amazon.co.uk, it's about £64 on there. Which is about roughly the same as what GAME were selling it for. I've ordered a copy from there.
Again, point me to it because Christ knows I've been looking for it for months, and doubly so today.

Edit: never mind, you're probably on about one of the non-360 versions, and they are indeed on the site.

EvilPicnic

Sep 9, 2009
Shit. So where's the best place to go to get the pre-order dlc (standard edition) now then? That N7 stuff was the only reason I pre-ordered through GAME...

zidine100

Mar 19, 2009
so, i guess we can expect more job losses then, if they cant keep their stock levels they wont be able keep their staff soon, well balls.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
Phenakist said:
To explain what happened here, EA were giving them a terrible deal compared to the other traders, and GAME was going to suffer for it in the long run, so they basically said "Give us a fair deal or fuck off". EA chose the latter.
Can you explain where you find information about this "terrible deal" EA was giving them? Because it seems to me that GAME was going to all the publishers and saying "We screwed up and can't afford the standard credit deal that most retailers use, so can we work something out?" and EA said "No. We don't need you, we'll sell our games to someone who can actually pay what we're asking."

DionysusSnoopy

May 9, 2009
Informed by email from game that they were not able to fulfill the order, just moved my order to amazon and saved £2 woohoo

MetalMagpie

Jun 13, 2011
Oh. Not looking good for GAME then. Which is a shame. I have a lot of fond memories of my local one. :(

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
bollocks!

Just spent the last hour trying to find the 360 N7 edition... no luck

I am so pissed off right at this moment, I many have to do something drastic... or start drinking!

EDIT!!!! Just got a copy from Blockbusters
http://www.blockbuster.co.uk/product/buy-online/xbox-360/game/277564/mass-effect-3-n7-collectors-edition.htm
£65 free delivery!

Back to drinking!

EvilPicnic

Sep 9, 2009
Revelo said:
EvilPicnic said:
Shit. So where's the best place to go to get the pre-order dlc (standard edition) now then? That N7 stuff was the only reason I pre-ordered through GAME...
The best bet mate is any of these online retailers listed in the link bellow:

http://www.ea.com/uk/1/mass-effect-3-update-1

Nothing we can do regarding GAME, if anyone has reward card points to use alongside that gift voucher, use them now. I doubt you will have long to do so...
Thanks a lot! The salient info I got from that was:

'We will confirm the details of the Standard Edition N7 Warfare Gear pre-order tomorrow (Thursday 1st), apologies for the delay.'

So I'll put off my pre-order til tomorrow when we find out which retailer has it :)

jimborious

Apr 14, 2009
looks like Amazon are out of the 360 CE now, looking for a friend who's stuck at work and can't get online, anyone know any sites that are still have it up for sale?

Puddleknock

Sep 14, 2011
I actually went into GAME today to ask about the collector's edition.

And now I have just pre-ordered it off amazon haha. Strange that when I type in 'mass effect 3 collector's edition', amazon only provides standard ME3 results. Had to use a direct link to order it, oh well I'm gonna get my collector's edition after all. Happy days.