Game of Thrones' Arya Stark "So Sick" of Book Readers Being Snobby

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
I really don't mind the series deviating from the books, since I understand there are certain limits and time restraints that come with television that don't with books.

That said, I don't really see what's so mystifying about a group of people watching 'Harry Potter - The Film' and expecting it to resemble 'Harry Potter - The Book'.

Dec 16, 2009
lacktheknack said:
endtherapture said:
Didn't George say that other day that the books and shows are completely different entities now? So why does it matter?

It's basically also impossible not to be snobby when you've read 5000 pages of novel or whatever when show readers have just seen 40 hours of the show.
That makes no sense. I can read 5000 pages of novel in well under 40 hours. If anything, the show-watchers are MORE invested than the book-readers, so there's no reason at all to be snobby other than "lolfirst".
you can read that fast? i'm impressed, or jealous. i'd read more if i read faster.

i think she has a point. are there any books made into TV/Movies that havent been chopped up into what best fits the medium? its the nature of books being so different