Game of Thrones Episode 9...

SacremPyrobolum

Dec 11, 2010
hazabaza1 said:
Fuck me.
I don't even like those characters that much but... jesus. Fuck the Freys basically.

Putting that aside, the rest of the episode was interesting. Jon leaving the wildlings, Brann leaving to do... something that I've forgotten. Arya getting mindfucked yet again what with basically her entire family dead, and Danserys being all cool an' shit.
I was actually getting really worried that Jorah was going to die when that siege was going on but yay he didn't. Not sure how I feel about this new guy though.
I don't like the new guy. He was supposed to have a marvelous beard! A marvelous, azure-dyed beard! Not that puny fuzz on the edge of his chin.

They got the women-shaped handles on his scythes right though, so there is that.

SacremPyrobolum

Dec 11, 2010
I feel this is appropriate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=78juOpTM3tE#!

You can really tell who read the books and who didn't.

EDIT: It also sounds like a snuff film without visuals.

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
Watched it about an hour ago.

Fuck. Me.

Jeyne's death was fucking BRUTAL. Did not see it coming. I was so shocked.

Jesus christ... Wow.

Xathos

Jun 7, 2010
Haven't read the books, but when that guy started playing the song on the violin, I was like, "Something bad's going to happen". I actually like how many of the main characters sort of interacted, but not really. They simply just passed each other or just missed one another. Spoilers of course, but its episode 9 of a GoT season, should be expected.

Liked the fight scene with Jorah, Gray Worm, and other guy. All had different fighting styles and showed off their badassery. But Dany seems to be really taken with this new guy for some reason. I don't think its love or anything like that, but its still...interesting.

Also, WTF Jon, you left Igritte behind! She was totally on your side, fighting for you. Didn't even have a look back or anything. You know nothing Jon Snow, this is SO going to come back to bite you.

Bran's storyline actually went a lot further than normal, so that's good. And Riccon had some lines for a change before giving a tearful performance. A shame they have to separate. Really liked their scenes. Bran saving Jon was a nice touch as well. I hope Hordor isn't too permanently damaged! =(

Poor, poor Arya. Her life sucks. Love her interactions with the Hound though. She has this real threatening look and sound to her when she tells the Hound she knows he's afraid of fire. Then she walks away and has this complete look of fear to her, or at the very least worry. She was so close, SO CLOSE. She was gonna free the wolf and save some people possibly! ARGH! Sigh, guess her kill list is about to get a lot longer.

But for Robb and his people? Jeez. I thought they would fight their way out, and maybe a couple of them would die (a supporting cast member, a couple of redshirts, etc), and the episode would end with them still trying to get out or captured. LOL, NOPE! Everyone dies! I at least had a little hope for Robb, but then fraking Bolton comes up and stabs him good. Poor Kat, she was trying so desperately to save her son at the very least. I thought Fray would let Robb go; even if he did have other wives, I suspected he at least wanted to keep them safe. NOPE! Kat's wail at the end, and her defeated look as she just stands there was so sad. And then she died too. Oh god, what's Brienne gonna say when she finds out, or Jon, or Sansa?! ARGH!!! I knew Bolton had a thing on the side for the Lannisters due to his dealings with Jamie in the previous episode or so, but I thought he was just simply playing both sides, keeping them close to the chest in order for some grander purpose. NOPE!

Who do I root for?! Stannis the Mannis? Seems like the only one left since Dany is still way on the other side. But there is the whole crazy power hungry Red Priestess, and Gendry must be feeling like crap by now.

Arya is with the Hound and Gods know where THEY are gonna go now. Sansa is still stuck at King's landing, Riccon is gonna go to Rob's bannermen, though who knows how much help that is going to be considering. Bran is about to go on some Mythic Quest or something, Theon is still being tortured, and Jon has a whole bunch of Wildlings and a pissed off (ex)girlfriend to deal with.

I have no idea what's going to happen now. I've actually been thinking this season of GoT was a bit weak compared to the other two. Had some nice moments, but nothing too gripping. THIS episode though...man. Didn't cry or anything, but my mind is still reeling a bit.

Beliyal

Big Stupid Jellyfish
Jun 7, 2010
auron200004 said:
That Greywind didn't get his epic moment before dying that he does in the books. In SoS, he manages to break free of his kennel and kill several Frey guardsmen before finally succumbing to crossbow bolts. Instead, in the episode, he just gets shot in the kennel. Still emotional, and I understand that it is difficult to train dogs to go on fake killing sprees (although they just did that with Summer and Shaggydog earlier that same episode). I just wished that would have gotten the same treatment as the books. The best part, in my opinion, was the very end with the look on Catelyn's face followed by slitting and then dead silent credits. AMAZING!
About Grey Wind

The direwolves are completely CGI. It wasn't about training dogs, it was about spending a huge amount of money for some heavy CGI in a scene that might have not profited from it and it would've probably looked cheap and would distract from the drama. Aside from costing them quite a bit. I agree with you on the ending though, marvelously done.

Even though I read the book, I was so excited to see how it will be shown and I was thoroughly shocked, despite knowing exactly what would happen. A really excellent episode, probably the best so far, even without the big thing. The entire thing was quite good, both funny and dramatic, and very faithful to the books in most scenes.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Knew that this was coming because of my dickheaded friend who decided to spoil the Red Wedding for me.

Right in the feels though.

Also, if anything (aside from the THING that's going to happen) happens to Tyrion, I will officially have lost faith in the GoT universe.

Gregory McMillan

Jan 30, 2012
They pulled it off brilliantly. I was cringing in my chair since the beginning of the episode, reading it is one thing, watching it another, but I've been DREADING this scene since the start of season 3. All I can say is... The North Remembers

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
Having read the books, I've been pretty annoyed by some of the - pretty major - changes so far, and this season was no exception. This season, however, I really felt like the George R. R. Martin written episode (3-8) did an exceptional job at tying the whole thing together quite neatly. I think Ramsay Bolton embodies missed opportunities galore on freaking out people beyond, say, Dexter and Hannibal combined. That's a shame. I also think the whole Theon bit is a bit... well, it's not what I wanted it or expected it to be.

The Red Wedding... was alright. I'm glad it's finally over. I'm glad that people who read the books could keep quiet. I'm glad the folks that don't read books got a fistful of emotions out of this one. No one is safe. Trust no one. The bad guys will feck you over. The good guys will feck you over. One bad guy just showed us he feels emotions beyond getting tingly willy for his sister.

Again, there would be one significant change from the books that could bite everyone involved in the ass. But, alas, it looks like they're not planning ahead beyond the next season. So... let's hope GRR Martin will not feck the TV suits over by using any of the characters they changed, omitted or killed. Sure, it worked for Dexter, for a bit... for, what, two-and-a-half seasons over the course of six seasons, before it turned into Dallas?

Now, I can't wait for Joffrey and his... enablers to finally hitch a ride with destiny and get *****-slapped into submission by karma. That would really make my day.

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
I knew what was going to happen already but seeing the repeated stomach stabbing was a little unexpected. Can't wait for Jaffre's end now that I see how brutal their willing to be.
ThreeKneeNick said:
Ahri said:
I has a sad.

I'm actually quite happy that I've opted to read the books after watching the series, because I really was not anticipating the Red Wedding to be as brutal as it was.

I literally sat there with this face for a good 15 minutes afterwards.

I was really curious about whether people who have not read the books anticipated this. There is actually quite a bit of foreshadowing, they kept repeating Catelyn's doubts in every 'previously on GoT' segment...

I was impressed by how they played with us who have read it. When Robb's wife had the look of shock on her face and I thought hell is just about to start, but instead the next moment she is smiling over odd customs, but my heart was pounding in anticipation the whole time... Well played GoT, very impressive.
The instant the Lannister song started playing every fan of the series knew what was up, even my mom who hasn't read the books knew s%#@ was about to hit the fan.

And, I had the same expression, very well played.

WWWLUCIFERCOM

Jan 18, 2013
It was a pretty good episode Ive read the books so I knew what was coming but the best part for me was when the red wedding happened and I got to watch all of my friends faces it was delicious

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Kill them all with dragon fire.

That's pretty much all I have to say on the subject. I just hope the rest of the characters I like decide to join up with Team Targaryen at some point.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
It was brutal and gut wrenching. I read A Storm of Swords before this season, and reading about the Red Wedding nearly made me put it down I was that gutted. It didn't get any easier watching it and knowing it was coming, the whole opening up with brutally stabbing a pregnant woman certainly was a new and shocking twist.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Having only read about this, I just have this to say. The usurper Walder Frey, one day your time will time, and the rightful King Stannis will plant your head on a spike above the gates to King's Landing. On that day, Walder Frey the Oathbreaker, Walder Frey the Kingslayer, Walder Frey the traitor, will pay for his crimes. The Twins will be burned to the ground, House Frey will all be slaughter, reduced to less than a memory. A fitting fate.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Just watched it, man it was such an foul and cruel act but it's also a flawless (if not eaily brilliant) plan for a real evil villain to executed!
Sure Robb had it coming for wedding that girl but while on the other hand that it could of be let bye gones be bye gones if that Lord truly means it (no way he would of mean it given to his personality) but swearing under an oath to the seven gods is serious business!

Divein53

Jul 31, 2011
Well, that was a LOT more brutal than I expected.For those having trouble coping, keep in mind,Robb has heirs and The North Remembers.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Despite knowing that something big was going to happen due to social media, the scene still hit insanely hard. That final shot is burned into my brain forever.

I was expecting
Robb to go, but the extent of the carnage was just mind blowing

Amazing, stunning, heart destroying storytelling. Most shocking TV drama moment of all time? One thing's for sure, no-one's going to be forgetting it in a hurry.

Lex Darko

Aug 13, 2006
On Robb's wife, the character in show isn't Jeyne Westerling; it's a new character based on Jeyne Westerling.

In the books the matriarch of the Westerlings manipulates Robb into getting married to Jeyne. Jeyne being the daughter of a nobleman treating the wounds of the enemy king and being in his close proximity the entire time doesn't make sense for a family that were Lannister banner-men.

That being said in the book it is implied that Jeyne had no direct involvement of the plot as she actually mourns Robb's death. Also in the books she never gets pregnant because her mother gives her potions to prevent pregnancy telling her it's a fertility potion.

Also in the books Greywind never liked Jeyne or any of Westerlings (in the books her mother and a few of her siblings travel with them to Riverrun) and would growl at them frequently. After his marriage to Jeyne, Robb increasingly keeps his dire wolf farther away from him until he puts it in a kennel for the Red Wedding.

fleischwolke

Feb 8, 2010
I read the books and knew what was coming, I always thought Rob was a dunce and I don't like weddings much IRL, but this episode left me completely exhausted and sad. Well played, GoT, well played.

I think a lot of the effect from the raw brutality of the murders, not a nice fade to black with screams and the aftermath, but stabbed stomachs, slitted throats, futile begging for mercy...man, I'm spent.

Help us, Stannis Baratheon, you are our only hope.

Edit: Of course, the next episode will just be 70 minutes of Theon Greyjoy being fed barbed wire up his ass at one foot a minute. I would not put that past them...