Game Ruiner.

TacticalAssassin1

Elite Member
May 29, 2009
AllLagNoFrag said:
TacticalAssassin1 said:
AllLagNoFrag said:
This is partly why tf2 is so successful, there is no "win formula".
The win formula for tf2 = HATS!!!
Touche i guess :p

But, you all know what I mean.
I do. There has never been a more balanced and regularly updated game than Team Fortress 2, and for that vALVE, you have our thanks.

Bekn

Mar 16, 2011
Rawb0906 said:
Farcry 2 ruins the experience of what I personally think is an amazing game by having enemies that take a shit load of bullets while wearing nothing but a tank top and jeans while they blast your face with pin point accuracy. Also all the damage to your car can be fixed with tightening a nut in your engine.

The rest of the game is pretty awesome, graphic, fire, landscape the Jackal's character all awesome.
I agree with everything you just said. I wouldn't say they ruined the game, though, because everything else the game offers is awesome. Also, you can take a fair amount of damage as well as the enemies. It's nice to have to fight people that are just as tough as you in a shooter.

TacticalAssassin1

Elite Member
May 29, 2009
Thought of another game breaker, and I have no idea how I didn't think of it before.
The commando perk from cod6. Fucking let's you run around teleporting around the map stabbing people.
Commando pro, marathon pro, lightweight pro, and the care package glitch, using a tactical knife. So so broken...

TacticalAssassin1

Elite Member
May 29, 2009
Bekn said:
Rawb0906 said:
Farcry 2 ruins the experience of what I personally think is an amazing game by having enemies that take a shit load of bullets while wearing nothing but a tank top and jeans while they blast your face with pin point accuracy. Also all the damage to your car can be fixed with tightening a nut in your engine.

The rest of the game is pretty awesome, graphic, fire, landscape the Jackal's character all awesome.
I agree with everything you just said. I wouldn't say they ruined the game, though, because everything else the game offers is awesome. Also, you can take a fair amount of damage as well as the enemies. It's nice to have to fight people that are just as tough as you in a shooter.
Yeah, it pisses me of when I'm playing as some unkillable god and the enemies die easy as hell. At least it gave far cry 2 some immersiveness. God was that an immersive game...

Vakz

Crafting Stars
Nov 22, 2010
Splinter Cell: Conviction, when I realized non-lethal takedowns no longer mattered. I loved getting through Chaos Theory, trying to get as high percentage as I could, going non-lethal and avoiding enemies as far as I could. In Conviction, you just run through and kill everything you see.

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
Final Fantasy VIII, the Magic system.
I've got quite the love/hate relationship with FF VIII, but the way they treated magic in this game was just so illogical and paradoxical that I still don't know what they were thinking!

First, the Draw-system. You no longer have MP, you know, a numerical value you can use to cast spells, each spell has its own cost and you can recharge your MP just by taking a nap or popping some ether. In FF VIII however, they turned it into an entirely new way of grinding. You have to extract magic from enemies, maximum 9 spells each draw, with a maximum of 100 spells to stock. So you constantly have to refill your spells, searching around for enemies who have what you're looking for and enter the long and boring process of magic-drawing.

But that's not the worst part, oh no. You see, unlike other games, you heighten you're statistics by linking your magic spells to your stats. For example, linking your 60 Firaga spells to your Attack stat lets you do more damage. HOWEVER, this means that if you actually use your spells, your statistics will actually become WORSE. That's right, you have to go through all that trouble to get 100 spells of a certain Magic and you can't even use it, or you'd be screwing yourself over.

And because using GF's wastes a lot of time and causes your sEED level to drop, the only command you end up using in battles is 'attack'.

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
Smithburg said:
Star Ocean The Last Hope. Someone told me the ending and t was so stupid i just stopped playing rather then see it through
My God I hated that game more than ANY other game I have played on PS3, horrible quality and the characters, awful. The game itself is a game ruiner.

ryai458

Oct 20, 2008
McPulse said:
Halo 2, which was the first FPS I ever played,

"When I heard Earth was under attack, I never thought they'd send a SPARTAN!"

Hang on, Aren't there at least another 116 of us? Is Earth so unimportant that we don't even send 1% of our marines in to defend it? Where are those other lazy bastards anyway?

Once I found out about Reach, I was a little embarrassed, but I still wanted to know why every soldier except the Pillar of Autumn Crew is either Australian of Hispanic...
I'm pretty sure they explain that he is the last alive, or is he?!?

Dimensional Vortex

Nov 14, 2010
Trolldor said:
Was playing Pneumbra: Overture and basically it's not stealthy enough nor combatty enough either way for my liking.

They say stay in the shadows etc, but it doesn't seem to work. Yo have to physically have something between you and the dog. And you can't move.
And you can't be looking at it.
Wow, I just finished its sequel, Black Plague today. And believe me, Black Plague is a LOT better, the plot escalates and the monsters are shit scary and first glance. Sorry if you have already played it, then I am just boring you.

Gah the guy above me made me keep thinking about Penumbra and Frictional Games, the company so I will have to post something related to that. Ummm, okay got one, in Penumbra Black Plague you can outrun the Tuurngaait really easily. The tuurngaait are the bad guys if you didn't know, they're blue alien looking zombies often wielding weapons, yet you can outrun them easily.

You are about twice their speed and they only serve as an occasional mild scare or as a slight annoyance. They're not even that strong they have to do about 15 hits to kill you and its just sad because you can either outrun them or drip feed yourself the pain killers and walk away. Yea, that and the puzzles in the game pissed me off, how am I supposed to find the ONE slightly obscure book in an entire FREAKING LIBRARY!

Rawb0906

Dec 12, 2010
TacticalAssassin1 said:
Bekn said:
Rawb0906 said:

Yeah, it pisses me of when I'm playing as some unkillable god and the enemies die easy as hell. At least it gave far cry 2 some immersiveness. God was that an immersive game...
Indeed it was quite immersive, I once found myself whispering to myself at night while sneaking up on a guard post, I then told myself to be quiet so the guards wouldn't hear me....

I also see your point about the enemy toughness considering you can fix a lot with a simple syrette unless you're critical however their accuracy still feels a little OP.

kommando367

Oct 9, 2008
TacticalAssassin1 said:
kommando367 said:
I got the final boss on Borderlands and it just disappeared permanently. I had to scrap my first Siren character because of that.
I've always wondered, never played as siren. What's with the stealth and stuff? Like what are the abilities?
The 3 tree abilities are Elemental, Assassin, and Controller. Assassin focuses on damage and increasing the usefulness of phasewalk, Elemental focuses on various elemental abilities, and Controller focuses on controlling enemies and shifting battles in the player's favor.

You can find more info on abilities here http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skilltree/lilith/#20000000000000000000000

The Rascal King

Aug 13, 2009
Fallout: New Vegas. The game is so buggy and freezes even at times where not much action is taking place. Then there is fucking piss poor faction system. Or the fact that the ramped difficulty is meant to ward off the fact that the game isn't nearly as fun as Fallout 3.

Add that up and you'll feel pissed too.

TacticalAssassin1

Elite Member
May 29, 2009
kommando367 said:
TacticalAssassin1 said:
kommando367 said:
I got the final boss on Borderlands and it just disappeared permanently. I had to scrap my first Siren character because of that.
I've always wondered, never played as siren. What's with the stealth and stuff? Like what are the abilities?
The 3 tree abilities are Elemental, Assassin, and Controller. Assassin focuses on damage and increasing the usefulness of phasewalk, Elemental focuses on various elemental abilities, and Controller focuses on controlling enemies and shifting battles in the player's favor.

You can find more info on abilities here http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skilltree/lilith/#20000000000000000000000
Thanks for that. I just played as Roland the first time round, started a new sniper character but I doubt I'll bother finishing it.

TacticalAssassin1

Elite Member
May 29, 2009
Rawb0906 said:
TacticalAssassin1 said:
Bekn said:
Rawb0906 said:

Indeed it was quite immersive, I once found myself whispering to myself at night while sneaking up on a guard post, I then told myself to be quiet so the guards wouldn't hear me....

I also see your point about the enemy toughness considering you can fix a lot with a simple syrette unless you're critical however their accuracy still feels a little OP.
Haha that's a good story. Once I looked up at the sunset and it was so glaringly beautiful it made me squint.
And I like the fact that they are accurate, sure, it makes it hard but it only actually makes a difference if you go up against a group of them. I fix It by softening them up with the dart rifle a bit first. That was such an op weapon, one hit kill on any difficulty, infinite range and completely silent. ILY dart rifle.

Rawb0906

Dec 12, 2010
TacticalAssassin1 said:
Wall of quotes
Tried the dart rifle but not extensively, didn't realise it was so good but I guess you need ammo upgrades otherwise you get like 5 shots or something.

Back OT:

I hate it when games don't checkpoint effectively. Halo Reach legendary is an example of this. I've recently had to abandon my progress of Long Night Of Solace because it check pointed me as I died so I kept spawning as a flaming shipwreck. Also I hate doing huge sections of levels again where there's been an opportunity for a checkpoint, it ruins the feeing of an overwhelming struggle and turns it into plain boring repetition.

TacticalAssassin1

Elite Member
May 29, 2009
Rawb0906 said:
TacticalAssassin1 said:
Wall of quotes
Tried the dart rifle but not extensively, didn't realise it was so good but I guess you need ammo upgrades otherwise you get like 5 shots or something.

Back OT:

I hate it when games don't checkpoint effectively. Halo Reach legendary is an example of this. I've recently had to abandon my progress of Long Night Of Solace because it check pointed me as I died so I kept spawning as a flaming shipwreck. Also I hate doing huge sections of levels again where there's been an opportunity for a checkpoint, it ruins the feeing of an overwhelming struggle and turns it into plain boring repetition.
No you had to get the ammo upgrade to GET 5 shots. Worth it though. Better than the mortar anyway.

And yes, while playing cod I got stuck on a level, I took my time being careful moving up again and again but kept on dying. Finally I just ran in there and shottyd them all in the face and it worked. That's annoying.
But to be fair it wasn't a massive distance from the save point so it was only a minute or two each time, and hardest difficulty.

Optimus Hagrid

Feb 14, 2009
The Mystic Springs or whatever from Sam and Max: Hit the Road.

Music and the setting made me nauseated and gave me a couple of migraines. Got to the stage were I actually couldn't continue and I had to put the game down for a fortnight or so to settle down.

...that sounds strange, doesn't it? I've never had it in any other game. Except maybe Yume Nikki which took that feeling to the extreme. I'm not a wimp, honest!

TacticalAssassin1

Elite Member
May 29, 2009
Optimus Hagrid said:
The Mystic Springs or whatever from Sam and Max: Hit the Road.

Music and the setting made me nauseated and gave me a couple of migraines. Got to the stage were I actually couldn't continue and I had to put the game down for a fortnight or so to settle down.

...that sounds strange, doesn't it? I've never had it in any other game. Except maybe Yume Nikki which took that feeling to the extreme. I'm not a wimp, honest!
Haha, yeah some people got physically sick from playing Mirrors Edge. It messes with the part of your mind which sorts out where your arms and legs are, because you always see them in motion. Luckily that didn't happen to me, and I was able to play the awesome game vomit free.

Dizzle26

Jan 15, 2011
Vampire Rain. I rage about this game a little too much, but it just asks for it. In a cutscene, you are treated to the sight of your entire team (yourself included) shooting a run-of-the-mill vampire. No boss, no special Ultra-Tough version..just a grunt. It takes the combined firepower of all four to drop it. And yet you are alone through most of the game. GG. -.-

sheah1

Jul 4, 2010
Rawb0906 said:
TacticalAssassin1 said:
Wall of quotes

Back OT:

*cough* Devil May *cough* Cry *cough*... Ooh, sorry for that, bad throat.