Gamers Play Halo: Reach for Thousands of Years

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
Ze_Reaper_Of_Zeath said:
I would play it, but I'm Poor and Irish, (COOKIE FOR REFERENCE) and I don't have a xBox, or a console for that matter, expect a PC.
Team Fortress 2 reference, I assume that's also why you cannot recieve hats?

I have contributed about 30 hours already to that total. AND I REGRET NOTHING!

SalamanderJoe

Jun 28, 2010
About 200,000 of them 78 million credits are mine. Levelling up is something I forgot when I went on a buying spree in the armoury...

Uber Waddles

May 13, 2010
Not suprised, honestly.

The gameplay of this game mimics a buffed up Halo 2, equally the FPS equivilant of crack.

I spent a good bit of time on Reach since it came out; and for due reason. I like the direction they took the franchise (away from Halo 3's clausterphobic AR-beatdown fest). The matchmaking has a few quips (I play Team Slayer for Slayer, not SWAT and Snipers), and I would prefer a ranking system like Halo 3's as opposed to the almost CoD like leveling system, but whats a man to do?

I do enjoy this game, and intend to add more time to that total. This game ALMOST makes me forgive Bungie for ODST. ALMOST

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Well i will have helped with them numbers...it's the only game I've been playing all week apart from 1 time on RDR.

And i can honestly say it's the best online shooter I've played in a long time, everything is just so balanced =D

although i do miss my Battle Rifle and Carbine =[

A Raging Emo

Apr 14, 2009
The Rockerfly said:
I'm glad people are starting to pay attention to games that aren't just Modern Warfare 2
i agree with you, but realistically, Halo: Reach was always going to be a big hit, as was MW2. With it being the final (And, in my opinion, best) Halo game, of course it is going to be big enough tot ake MW2 out of the limelight for a while.

LGC Pominator

Feb 11, 2009
A Raging Emo said:
The Rockerfly said:
I'm glad people are starting to pay attention to games that aren't just Modern Warfare 2
i agree with you, but realistically, Halo: Reach was always going to be a big hit, as was MW2. With it being the final (And, in my opinion, best) Halo game, of course it is going to be big enough tot ake MW2 out of the limelight for a while.
Granted halo reach was destined to be massive (as much of a large portion of the escapists forums would have loved for it not to be), but this is a single console release, MW2 came out on PC 360 and PS3, so i think the progress that reach has made on a single machine is definitely impressive

I have contributed (checks profile) 31 hours to that total!

A Raging Emo

Apr 14, 2009
LGC Pominator said:
A Raging Emo said:
The Rockerfly said:
Granted halo reach was destined to be massive (as much of a large portion of the escapists forums would have loved for it not to be), but this is a single console release, MW2 came out on PC 360 and PS3, so i think the progress that reach has made on a single machine is definitely impressive

I have contributed (checks profile) 31 hours to that total!
Ah, that is a good point. I neglected to think about the multi-platform release of MW2 before posting.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
They should have a little celebration when it Reaches (har har!) 2552 years.

Uber Waddles said:
Not suprised, honestly.

The gameplay of this game mimics a buffed up Halo 2, equally the FPS equivilant of crack.

I spent a good bit of time on Reach since it came out; and for due reason. I like the direction they took the franchise (away from Halo 3's clausterphobic AR-beatdown fest). The matchmaking has a few quips (I play Team Slayer for Slayer, not SWAT and Snipers), and I would prefer a ranking system like Halo 3's as opposed to the almost CoD like leveling system, but whats a man to do?

I do enjoy this game, and intend to add more time to that total. This game ALMOST makes me forgive Bungie for ODST. ALMOST
Maybe you can shed some light- I do not understand at ALL why ODST gets all this hate! The soundtrack was the best out of all the Halo games by far (Reach included) and, in my opinion, has a better and better told story.

Is it the lack of real multiplayer? I love the multiplayer but I'm a sucker for the Halo campaigns too. Perhaps thats it.

yoyo13rom

Oct 19, 2009
Radelaide said:
yoyo13rom said:
Boring!
If one wants to see big numbers when it comes to playtime, just check an MMOG or quite frankly WoW(any version)
Oh gosh, be quiet. You can't say something like that. People have been playing WoW for years and Reach has been out for less than a week. So racking up numbers like that are unsurprising but still impressive!
Gotta be honest here, I was kind of a douche back there.
Anyway, I would really like to see some other statistics, too. Like how well other big budget shooters did at launch(as play hours, not copies sold).

I wonder how good Team Fortress 2 did in it's first week...

Apr 28, 2008
ZeroMachine said:
They should have a little celebration when it Reaches (har har!) 2552 years.

Uber Waddles said:
Not suprised, honestly.

Maybe you can shed some light- I do not understand at ALL why ODST gets all this hate! The soundtrack was the best out of all the Halo games by far (Reach included) and, in my opinion, has a better and better told story.

Is it the lack of real multiplayer? I love the multiplayer but I'm a sucker for the Halo campaigns too. Perhaps thats it.
I would like to know why everyone hates ODST as well. I mean sure I wouldn't say it was the best Halo game, but I still enjoyed it...

OT: Hot damn thats a lot. I mean I kind of expected, but still... thats impressive, especially considering its just on one console.

BloodSquirrel

Jun 23, 2008
Irridium said:
I would like to know why everyone hates ODST as well. I mean sure I wouldn't say it was the best Halo game, but I still enjoyed it...
ODST was basically $60 worth of DLC (in all of DLC's overpriced glory) which a lot of people were expecting to be a full game.

OTOH, its campaign had more effort put into it than Modern Warfare's, but that's a rant for another day.

procyonlotor

Jun 12, 2010
Ridiculous marketing ploy.

Nobody asked Blizzard how much time was spent playing WotLK when it came out.

Rest assured, it dwarfs Halo.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
Lol, I'd love to see the accumulated playtime of WoW players over the last 5 years. If Halo Reach is equalling thousands of years in just a few days I'm betting WoW would be getting into the Millions.

Apr 28, 2008
BloodSquirrel said:
Irridium said:
ODST was basically $60 worth of DLC (in all of DLC's overpriced glory) which a lot of people were expecting to be a full game.

OTOH, its campaign had more effort put into it than Modern Warfare's, but that's a rant for another day.
Ah, I see. I didn't have the DLC to begin with, so I saw it as a rather nice inclusion.