Gamers Play Halo: Reach for Thousands of Years

BloodSquirrel

Jun 23, 2008
Irridium said:
Ah, I see. I didn't have the DLC to begin with, so I saw it as a rather nice inclusion.
The campaign was new, but it did include something like $30 worth of map packs (Which I didn't have either).

Personally, I enjoyed it, but it wouldn't have qualified as an actual sequel.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
BloodSquirrel said:
Irridium said:
Ah, I see. I didn't have the DLC to begin with, so I saw it as a rather nice inclusion.
The campaign was new, but it did include something like $30 worth of map packs (Which I didn't have either).

Personally, I enjoyed it, but it wouldn't have qualified as an actual sequel.
That's because it isn't. In Halo 2, as soon as The commander ship (I know the name i just can't frigging spell it) follows Regret into the slip space rupture in the city, that's when Halo ODST begins.

Playing the games in order of events, acctualy shows Halo has a very good story behind it.

On a side not, i agree with you, i enjoyed ODST as well :)

chrono16

BOOM! Headshot.
May 9, 2010
I am in California right now. My girlfriend bought reach for me while Im out here. She is still off at home in Illinois. I cannot wait to play it...

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I am very interested to hear similar stats for WOW, Call of Duty (lets say, Modern Warfare 1) and, Pokemon Platinum

Great North

Feb 3, 2010
Here's a conservative bit of math, I guess.

500,000 people * 2 hours a day * 7 days = 7 MILLION hours a week.

Think about how many hours have been logged in the entire history of WoW. It could well be in the billions.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Shoggoth2588 said:
I am very interested to hear similar stats for WOW, Call of Duty (lets say, Modern Warfare 1) and, Pokemon Platinum
Or Soul Silver/Heart Gold...hell the amount of hours I've put into that game is ridiculous!

etherlance

Apr 1, 2009
I guess this thread is the best place to ask this question.....

....in halo reach can you just randomly join a firefight with other players of does it HAVE to be with only the guys in your friends list???

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
procyonlotor said:
Ridiculous marketing ploy.

Nobody asked Blizzard how much time was spent playing WotLK when it came out.

Rest assured, it dwarfs Halo.
Well duhhhhh! it's a massive MMO title, probably the most popular lets not forget it's been out for ages.

Reach hasn't even been out a week! and it already has them figures you just can't compare to different types of games.

MW2 on the other hand...

team star pug

Sep 29, 2009
I played over most of the weekend but a bloo bloo bloo for me as I can't play over school days (although I get three pounds)

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
etherlance said:
I guess this thread is the best place to ask this question.....

....in halo reach can you just randomly join a firefight with other players of does it HAVE to be with only the guys in your friends list???
matchmaking is available

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
arc1991 said:
Shoggoth2588 said:
Or Soul Silver/Heart Gold...hell the amount of hours I've put into that game is ridiculous!
I need to make a tally or something. I know that for Pokemon Diamond, I've put in nearly 300 hours into my current game. I am sure I had another profile before that one though >.>;

randomsix

Apr 20, 2009
Just imagine what could have been done with all of that time if it was spent on constructive activities. I know that this rate can't be sustainable, but still.

Oh well. At least society has given us such an abundance of free time as this. I know I enjoy spending it on fripperies.

jaammiie

Master of the Universe
Jun 3, 2007
Onyx Oblivion said:
I'll be adding a large number of hours when I try to solo Legendary this week for the achievement.

I'm doomed.
I did this earlier this week so good luck, and remember, your controller isn't as strong as you may think it is.

OT: It's good to see Halo getting so many players since MW2 came out. I thought many people would have ignored Halo but obviously I was wrong.

L34dP1LL

Mar 6, 2010
If reach is getting these numbers released as an exclusive for the 360, I can only imagine what a multi-platform release from bungie would bring.

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
That is pretty cool and makes me curious as to the "years of play" that other games would have had.

I can't really be too surprised as a 360 owner myself that rented Reach on Friday:

What else would we be playing?!?

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
A Raging Emo said:
The Rockerfly said:
I'm glad people are starting to pay attention to games that aren't just Modern Warfare 2
i agree with you, but realistically, Halo: Reach was always going to be a big hit, as was MW2. With it being the final (And, in my opinion, best) Halo game, of course it is going to be big enough tot ake MW2 out of the limelight for a while.
Yeah I know but still I find it depressing that one of the most played games is the most unbalanced, poorly made and generic. It is nice to see a game that has had some love care and attention put into it and not just money and a marketing team