Gamers Upset at Blizzcon's Slur-Ridden Speech

Sylveria

Nov 15, 2009
Blizzard hates alliance? This is news? I thought this was pretty apparent from day 1 till forever.

Doesn't surprise me at all that there's actual RL faction-related violence happening. WoW is played by angry, fat, homophobic, man-children and furries. Blizzard has crafted the game over the years to cater to those people. You reap what you sow.

Every day of Blizzcon I've read something that makes me happier and happier I quit it way back when.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
What. Ever.

The day I take a single thing that a member of Cannibal Corpse says seriously is the day that I officially rip all my clothes off and run shrieking into the Edmonton Parkland, never to be found again.

The fans behaved pretty abominably, though.

<color=f7f7f7>And if I played WoW, I'd go Alliance. Mostly to spite the anti-Alliance tools.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
SODAssault said:
Thyunda said:
Well, that's okay, because nobody has ever, or will ever care what death metal 'musicians' have to say. These are people that have no concept of art, and only of controversy, so I'm really not surprised that they think they're all unique and special for talking shit like this.
I really like the part where you voiced your opinion as fact, and did so on everybody's behalf.

OT: Corpsegrinder.
Well, really, how many people actually take death metal lyrics seriously?

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Wow. That video is so awkward. Way to be a walking stereotype, metal dude ("look at how RAWR I am!!")

bladester1

Feb 5, 2008
People take games waaay to seriously. Also, if anyone ever did that to my wife, if I was married, I would severly hurt them for attacking my wife. That is something you just do not do to my wife and live....

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
As a WoW player I could really give a fu- about this.

People are moaning about the Incident
People are moaning about the APOLOGY for the Incident
And Others are just moaning because it's cool

(Seriously don't go near MMO Champion for a while, The bitching has reached a fever pitch)

Good lord, what the hell ever and play your damn fantasy game. The Alliance aren't real. The Horde aren't real. And that's just some Knob yelling an untrue statement about a make believe side of a war half buzzed infront of alot of sweaty tired nerds.

Laugh goddammit.

That's. Funny.

Soods

Jan 6, 2010
Oh, if he thinks night elves are faggots, then just wait till he hears about blood elves :D

But no one should take that video seriously, ever!

OmniscientOstrich

Jan 6, 2011
If WoW fans are so petty and impetuous as to incite violence over their chosen faction, then they are the ones who should be held fully accountable for the stupidity of their actions. For fucks sake, these are grown men who are assualting someone over a personal preference, they should know better.

Muco5681

Apr 2, 2010
sticks and stones may break my bones but a death metal band that is slightly controversial will scar my poor soul...Christ people now a days have way to thin skin personally i would put them on a 3hr a day diet of all of what /b/ has to offer that should toughen them up a bit

sizzle949

May 4, 2009
Yeah, I'm alliance and I couldn't give any less of a shit about his anti-alliance sentiment. Probably could of used a better word to describe night elves so to not offend homosexuals but oh well. The two guys who assaulted that chick shoulda been ganked though. Maybe she shoulda married a tank to protect her.

jonyboy13

Aug 13, 2010
Well, personally I am offended. Tomorrow I'll wake up with leprosy.
(No cookies for references, buy your own.)

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
It's no surprise. Blizzard has made their hared of the alliance apparent for some time.

In example: Blizz just couldn't give the alliance the damn pandas leading into Burning Crusade, no somebody insisted that the pandas were so good they had to be shared. So they pulled the plug on their announced plans and created the Dranei. But did anyone care that the elves would be super popular? Oh I'm sure they did.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Damn it, I mean, back when I played WoW, I was a fan of the Horde and the Horde still appeals to me till this day, but this is just as bad as when fans of a sports team start making riots in the streets, because their team was called "*insert anything here* faggots".

This will only get worse in the eyes of the media and start using videogames as a scapegoat, as usual.

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
ok, as someone 'outside' of WOW, why do a lot of horde players seem to act like alliances players are not 'proper' players for playing as alliance?

There is a lot of webcomics and other media portrayals that always seem to act like the only way to play is as horde, and if you don't, there is something wrong with you, or your not playing the game 'properly'.

Killertje

Dec 12, 2010
If that tard had played alliance he'd say the same about cows and dorcs after he got ganked. Some people shouldn't play on pvp servers, especially the mentally handicapped.

SkellgrimOrDave

Nov 18, 2009
God's blood, grow a thicker skin people, and stop trying to make everyone agree with you. Stop crying "WHAAAAAAAA, HE SAID SOMETHING I DON'T LIKE"

He's not the minister spokesman for tolerance, so why is everyone complaining that someone from a group of people not known for being virtuous flower children has said something that is offensive to a group of people?