Games are Banned. You may keep one...

Count Igor

May 5, 2010
Arnoxthe1 said:
Isn't this pretty much a 'What's your favorite game?' topic in disguise?
It's more about your favourite game with a huge amount of replay value, I guess.

Drummie666

Jan 1, 2011
Minecraft. I may not be that into it, but it's definitely the most replayable game I've got.

GeneWard

Feb 23, 2011
Mezmer said:
I'd jump in the TARDIS, and grab Skyrim.

...wait, if I have a TARDIS, can I just skip ahead in time to when games aren't banned!? I'm a genius!
Or go back and frame the guy who got games banned with, terrorism or something, I dunno, get him deported. GODSPEED MEZMER!

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Probobly Halo: Reach for its full on customization.

Or

Gears of war 3 for its multiple ways to do shit (Also, horde mode)

BlackWidower

Nov 16, 2009
If they are banned, why would we be allowed to keep one!?

It's like saying, "We banned alcohol, so you get to choose whether you want to drink rum or whisky for the rest of your life."

Vankraken

Mar 30, 2010
I can't decide between X-Com (UFO: Enemy Unknown), Jagged Alliance 2 (1.13 mod/revamp is a must), or Civ 4.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
I'll be keeping all of my games. Any government representative who comes to my home looking to confiscate my hard-earned property can express their problems with my stubborn nature to the business end of my Remington.

Lataziba

Oct 22, 2011
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite...i could play that game forever. so much crap i could do in it

Rune342

Aug 26, 2008
Most likely Just Cause 2. It's not my favorite game, or the best game. It is however, a huge game. I've sunk so much time into it, and I can still pick it up and have fun.

CommanderL

May 12, 2011
ecoho said:
generalvash said:
Well, looks like I'm going to become some kind of criminal . . .

Remember remember the fifth of October,
The video game banishment plot
I know of no reason
Why this electronic treason
Should ever be forgot
.....you are now my friend. Welcome to the RESISTANCE! you shall be our mouth peice and we shall make these fools rue the day they ever took our games away!
You have my blade my fellow resistance i will tell my kids the story of how we survived the sacking of bethesda and manged to persuvre a copy of skyrim then we formed the underground gaming distribtion network

phylline

Oct 23, 2011
Does minesweeper count??

I'm honestly probably more addicted to that than any console games.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Nice necro.
If it was any game I'd probably choose something like CS or an MMO, but if it has to be in your possesion ATM that complicates things. If I got together with some friends and we all decided we'd choose something like Halo, we'd have fun for a looong time.
Though, if mods are allowed, why not something like Oblivion, HL or MC and rely on the community to mod it to become all other games?

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
Bang Kaboom Ferrell said:
ecoho said:
generalvash said:
Well, looks like I'm going to become some kind of criminal . . .

Remember remember the fifth of October,
The video game banishment plot
I know of no reason
Why this electronic treason
Should ever be forgot
.....you are now my friend. Welcome to the RESISTANCE! you shall be our mouth peice and we shall make these fools rue the day they ever took our games away!
You have my blade my fellow resistance i will tell my kids the story of how we survived the sacking of bethesda and manged to persuvre a copy of skyrim then we formed the underground gaming distribtion network
ah yes we shall never forget that sad day but you may also tell of the triumph of the blizzard offensive, the battle of bioware, and of course the rise of the valve directive. Now my friend to the Riot front we must preserve the league!

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
It would have to be a game with a lot of depth, that is hard to master and has maximum replay value.
Anything with a focus on story will be out, because playing through the same story over and over again will tire fast.

That means a strategy game.
Prolly Civilization 4 BTS. A Total War game could also work.