Games for Windows FAIL

Grufflenark

Nov 17, 2010
The offer wasn't even able in my country so I couldn't at least have a chance of no crashes :( (Even though it never crashed when I were playing DoW2)

wildpeaks

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Dec 25, 2008
Aptus said:
GFWL is so far behind Steam, Impulse and GoG that it's a wonder they are not announcing they discovered fire.
Probably because they haven't discovered it yet :D

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Yup. This is the best that one of the most powerful, wealthy, monolithic corporations in the world can manage.

I'm proud to say that I didn't touch GFWL. Ever.

Because I knew Microsoft would shit the bed, and I have been proven right time and time again.

Keep in mind, I've scarcely had my Steam account for a year now, so it's not even a matter of comparison for me. It's just one of those facts of life: Microsoft sucks at creating stable software.

TheBaron87

Jul 12, 2010
What makes me sad is that I'm sure plenty of people will take this as an excuse to continue avoiding PC gaming instead of a problem specific to GFWL, which I can assure you it is. I've had the same terrible experiences. It's a miracle for us that third parties even put up with Microsoft's crap so we can get decent software like Steam.

Cameron Sours

May 2, 2010
Joshimodo said:
Also, your point about GFWL running after closing down? Steam does that too.
There is a Windows Service for Steam, but it does not start by default; you have to start it.
If you click the X Steam will close its GUI to the notification area, which is not an unexpected behavior. Other than that, the Steam Client will close when you tell it to exit.

I do not know if there is a windows service for GFWL or if it starts by default, but thats not what it sounds like GFWL is doing.

Rannxz

Nov 26, 2010
Your computer must either suck ass or you don't update it very often. I have my PC that was made by me and some friends, and I always update it every couple days. Downloaded this game without a single crash, glitch, bug, error message what have you. I downloaded it through Mozilla Firefox. The only problem was the product key, which was there the next morning anyway.

I have no problems with it. Of course I don't think it will beat Steam, but then again, beating Steam is like beating World of Warcraft. It's hard to beat something that has had over 6 years to perfect itself. But, most idiots don't understand that. But hey, why should I care? I use Impulse, GFWL and Steam. It doesn't matter which client it is, if I want a game on a certain client, I'll buy it.

Rannxz

Nov 26, 2010
Atmos Duality said:
Yup. This is the best that one of the most powerful, wealthy, monolithic corporations in the world can manage.

I'm proud to say that I didn't touch GFWL. Ever.

Because I knew Microsoft would shit the bed, and I have been proven right time and time again.

Keep in mind, I've scarcely had my Steam account for a year now, so it's not even a matter of comparison for me. It's just one of those facts of life: Microsoft sucks at creating stable software.
Eh, I like their Operating Systems, and Microsoft Word is pretty good. Surely you can't find any problems with Word can you? It does exactly what it's supposed to do...

Rannxz

Nov 26, 2010
Sinspiration said:
You know, if the title of this thread didn't read Games for Windows FAIL and just Games for Windows, I would still have been able to predict the contents.

Games for Windows,
keyword: Windows

Windows in and of itself generally represents failure, problems and misery except when it does get some things right, a lot of the time the things its getting right is making things difficult for the user.

Part of me wants to ask "What part of this whole proceeding surprises you?" the rest just feels sorry for you.
I'm guessing you're a Mac user. Not many people use Linux, unless it's there secondary OS. Well then, I feel sorry for you.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Rannxz said:
Eh, I like their Operating Systems, and Microsoft Word is pretty good. Surely you can't find any problems with Word can you? It does exactly what it's supposed to do...
Glad you like it.

Personally, OpenOffice has a much better layout for my needs than Office 2007.
That, and it doesn't cost 200 dollars.

Though Microsoft's operating systems have finally started to improve, their greatest strength (monopolistic coverage) is still the biggest stone around their neck. Most people use Windows. Most coders develop for Windows. So everyone attacks Windows.

Still, it's disappointing to see how bloated Windows 7 is even after they trimmed so much of the system footprint off from Vista. Though it's still an improvement.

Besides, if Windows hadn't been so legendarily buggy and prone to attack, I wouldn't have had any job security.

Sinspiration

Mar 7, 2010
Rannxz said:
Sinspiration said:
You know, if the title of this thread didn't read Games for Windows FAIL and just Games for Windows, I would still have been able to predict the contents.

Games for Windows,

Windows in and of itself generally represents failure, problems and misery except when it does get some things right, a lot of the time the things its getting right is making things difficult for the user.

Part of me wants to ask "What part of this whole proceeding surprises you?" the rest just feels sorry for you.
I'm guessing you're a Mac user. Not many people use Linux, unless it's there secondary OS. Well then, I feel sorry for you.
Nice assumption.
Wrong, but nice all the same.

Besides I like to play games and Macs are better for artwork and such, Microsoft may fail horrendously, but its the best platform for gaming.

P.S.
Assumptions are the mother of all f**k ups. Better luck next time.

LoganN

Jun 24, 2010
Sinspiration said:
Rannxz said:
Sinspiration said:

Games for Windows,

Nice assumption.

Besides I like to play games and Macs are better for artwork and such, Microsoft may fail horrendously, but its the best platform for gaming.

P.S.
You can't say "they fail horrendously" and in the same sentence say "it is the best platform".

A bigger fuck up than assumptions is not knowing what you are saying yourself.

Sinspiration

Mar 7, 2010
LoganN said:
Sinspiration said:
Rannxz said:
Sinspiration said:

Games for Windows,

Nice assumption.

P.S.
You can't say "they fail horrendously" and in the same sentence say "it is the best platform".

Therein lies the joys of contradiction, you can love something as much as you hate it, if this concept is alien to you, go learn philosophy.

Microsoft unnerves me to NO END with how bad it can be most of the time, how easily viruses can wipe your system out and so on and so forth the list of problems GO ON, but you don't let that get in the way of the good things too.

Note the conditional in my earlier post:
except when it does get some things right, a lot of the time the things its getting right is making things difficult for the user.
I didn't say the only thing it gets right is getting things wrong.
So kindly share this cup of shut up with that other guy since you clearly don't know what I'm saying either and wanna make your own assumptions too. Hard to judge something under those conditions, eh?

P.S.
Refer to earlier P.S. GOODNIGHT!

Edit: My friend said I sound angry. So here's some smiley faces to let you know I'm lol'ing at your fail : ), XD, >P

LoganN

Jun 24, 2010
Sinspiration said:
LoganN said:
Sinspiration said:
Rannxz said:
Sinspiration said:

Games for Windows,

Nice assumption.

P.S.

Therein lies the joys of contradiction, you can love something as much as you hate it, if this concept is alien to you, go learn philosophy.

Microsoft unnerves me to NO END with how bad it can be most of the time, how easily viruses can wipe your system out and so on and so forth the list of problems GO ON, but you don't let that get in the way of the good things too.

Note the conditional in my earlier post:
except when it does get some things right, a lot of the time the things its getting right is making things difficult for the user.
I didn't say the only thing it gets right is getting things wrong.
So kindly share this cup of shut up with that other guy since you clearly don't know what I'm saying either and wanna make your own assumptions too. Hard to judge something under those conditions, eh?

P.S.
Refer to earlier P.S. GOODNIGHT!

Edit: My friend said I sound angry. So here's some smiley faces to let you know I'm lol'ing at your fail : ), XD, >P
My fail? You are the one who can't read what you type. You still said Windows is a failure, and then went on to say it was the best. When you quoted yourself, you simply proved yet again you are full of contradictions.

Oh, and philiosophy is another way of saying pseudo-intellect.

Sinspiration

Mar 7, 2010
LoganN said:
My fail? You are the one who can't read what you type. You still said Windows is a failure, and then went on to say it was the best. When you quoted yourself, you simply proved yet again you are full of contradictions.

Wow you're just trolling for an argument.

Microsoft still sucks but the PC still remains the best gaming platform. Contradicting myself and commenting on a contradiction in itself makes it all the more amusing because its a contradiction I enjoy.
Its called the grey area. It's called ambiguity. And if your head wasn't shoved up where the sun doesn't shine because your superior opinion and beliefs cant let you see through the closed-minded bull-sh*t you're responding with, then we may as well go about this round-and-round all day but I dont think the moderators or anyone would like that.

I've probably said enough to get on a probation, or even banned, but frankly I dont care. So either go start prying your head from your backside or come spit more of the same sh*t, dont expect a response beyond this point. Feel victory if you want, you won and scared me away, you were far more brilliant and absolutely right!

My apologies to Shamus Young and the Escapist.

LoganN

Jun 24, 2010
Sinspiration said:
LoganN said:

Wow you're just trolling for an argument.

Microsoft still sucks but the PC still remains the best gaming platform. Contradicting myself and commenting on a contradiction in itself makes it all the more amusing because its a contradiction I enjoy.
Its called the grey area. It's called ambiguity. And if your head wasn't shoved up where the sun doesn't shine because your superior opinion and beliefs cant let you see through the closed-minded bull-sh*t you're responding with, then we may as well go about this round-and-round all day but I dont think the moderators or anyone would like that.

I've probably said enough to get on a probation, or even banned, but frankly I dont care. So either go start prying your head from your backside or come spit more of the same sh*t, dont expect a response beyond this point. Feel victory if you want, you won and scared me away, you were far more brilliant and absolutely right!

My apologies to Shamus Young and the Escapist.
u mad, bra? u sound mad

I wasn't say you can't love something if you hate it as well. I didn't say anything like that. The problem is you said it FAILS, and then go on to call it the BEST. There is no way that can make be logical. If it is the BEST it would WIN. I don't care if you like it or not, that isn't what I am discussing. I'm sorry you can't fucking read.

Ah well, at least you admited defeat in the end, however sarcastic it was.

Sad Face

Oct 29, 2010
Mista Miggins said:
Microsoft is really bad at this stuff.
Yeah, even when the game costs a dime it's not worth the price you pay dicking around with GFWL.

It was a brave a valiant effort, wading in there again.

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
Sinspiration said:
Besides I like to play games and Macs are better for artwork and such
Nope, they haven't been for a while,but it was true in the late 90´s early 00´s <.<

Also sorry for bringing up such an old post, just couldn't let it pass.