Games needing sequels! - but we know they'll never come.

HandsomeZer0

Dec 6, 2010
A proper sequel to medievil, not the 18 hundreds london BS, or the PSP kid friendly remake of the original.
More gothic-esque frightening atmospheres, brilliant architecture, creative enemies and puzzles.
I made myself sad..

Cavan

Jan 17, 2011
Vault101 said:
anyway theres this bioware game Ive herd of called Jade empire it seems kind of obscure for somthing from Bioware, it looks pretty awosme and if I can get it Ill play it though from what I understand it doesnt have a seaquel
It has some fairly major flaws that you have to be willing to overlook, the combat system is somewhere oddly between 'oh my god this is the worst thing i've ever seen' and 'genious' from them trying to mix a hack and slash with an RPG and what feels like Tekken's handicapped half cousin. The storyline is actually quite forced and the variety is a bit lacking for..almost everything, but overall it's quite enjoyable if very samey fights and usual RPG "be supergood or all evil" moral choice shennanigans.

After going and running the disk on my xbox360 for a bit I can happily say again that the customisation is non existant and everything feels very shallow, but not a bad game.

It is actually quite a pretty game for its time from what I remember, the graphics have aged well, if you don't want to rely on a dodgy old xbox game from a bargain bin somewhere just get it from steam for $10-ish.

As for my suggestion, I havn't done page 3 of this thread yet but i'l keep it simple:
*corrects his posture and takes a breath so his can make his announcement in a strong and clear voice*

DUNGEON KEEPER 3

that is all

Apr 5, 2008
In no particular order:

KotOR III
Outcast II
Alpha Protocol II (without stupid hacking minigame)
Advent Rising trilogy should be finished
Beyond Good & Evil II (apparently on the cards)
Neverwinter Nights III
Jade Empire II
Vampire - The Masquerade: Bloodlines II :)
And as others have suggested a sequel to the Jedi Knight series. So much better than the mediocre Force Unleashed even now.

The only other games I'd love a sequel to, all Eidos IPs already have them in the works. Thief IV, Deus Ex III and a Hitman V!

Mikoi

Sep 29, 2010
KingsGambit said:
In no particular order:

KotOR III

Vampire - The Masquerade: Bloodlines II :)
100% agree on them as well, just bring back the writers of KotOR 1, and keep with the winning formula for VTM:B

GotMalkAvian

Feb 4, 2009
I know I'll probably be the only person to ever say this, but I really want the rest of the Too Human series. The gameplay wasn't bad and the multiplayer was fun, but what really got me was the unique retelling of Norse mythology. At the very least I wish someone would release a novelization or comic book adaptation of the plot of the sequels.

Mercurio128

Jan 28, 2010
As above Vampire - the masquerade: bloodlines 2 a million times this. That game was brilliant, and unlike other games these days it wasn't afraid to let you miss whole awesome sections of the game if you didn't explore properly. I played this game through loads of times and almost every time I found a quest I missed completely the previous time!

oh, and Dreamfall/TLJ.

I propose that all cliffhanger endings be outlawed unless full evidence of financial backing for the sequel can be produced. I don't know about you guys but I've had enough of getting invested in a story/characters for over 15-20 hours of my life just to have an actual conclusion pulled out from under me because the devs were too short-sighted.

Laerfan

Feb 21, 2009
Shenmue 3 hands down.

Others...
Shining Force 4
Jet Set Radio 3
Vagrant Story 2
Skies of Arcadia 2
Shadow of the Colossus 2

and a sequel to Braid please.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Cavan said:
Vault101 said:
anyway theres this bioware game Ive herd of called Jade empire it seems kind of obscure for somthing from Bioware, it looks pretty awosme and if I can get it Ill play it though from what I understand it doesnt have a seaquel
It has some fairly major flaws that you have to be willing to overlook, the combat system is somewhere oddly between 'oh my god this is the worst thing i've ever seen' and 'genious' from them trying to mix a hack and slash with an RPG and what feels like Tekken's handicapped half cousin. The storyline is actually quite forced and the variety is a bit lacking for..almost everything, but overall it's quite enjoyable if very samey fights and usual RPG "be supergood or all evil" moral choice shennanigans.

After going and running the disk on my xbox360 for a bit I can happily say again that the customisation is non existant and everything feels very shallow, but not a bad game.

It is actually quite a pretty game for its time from what I remember, will go and fish it out my games shelf or see if it's on steam(after checking this it is, so if you don't want to rely on a dodgy old xbox game from a bargain bin somewhere just get it there for $10-ish).

As for my suggestion, I havn't done page 3 of this thread yet but i'l keep it simple:
*corrects his posture and takes a breath so his can make his announcement in a strong and clear voice*

DUNGEON KEEPER 3

that is all
YES YES YES!!! or current gen threme hospital that would be awsome

its a shame about Bullfrog...

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
I've said it before, Independence War (also known as I-War). I would love to see a third one of those made.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
This isn't the first time I had said it but I will say it again, I want Gotcha Force 2!!!!

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
For some reason- the only ones that come to my mind are games that all have a sequel, but a really really bad one:

Mercenaries
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Perfect Dark
Crimson Skies
Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader
Driver
Operation Flashpoint
Battlefield 1942
GTA: San Andreas
Mashed
Interstate '76
Vigilante 8

Mr. Omega said:
Diddy Kong Racing 2. Honestly, this game probably shouldn't be made considering the recent track record of Rare. So if Rare gets their act together, this would be a great way to show the gaming public "Hey! We're back!"
I don't think it should be made- have you seen the DS remake? it's like Live and Reloaded all over again. It even has the same composer, yet the music has none of the charm of the original. How does the same guy have a brilliant score, and then mess it up!? I honestly think that spark that Rare used to have is just gone forever.

Slacko said:
Also, being British, I would love nothing more than a full 3D sequel to Grand Theft Auto:London
I'm not even British, but I've been yearning for that too ever since San Andreas came out. "You're brown bread!"

jhlip

Feb 17, 2011
Liham said:
Battle front 3.
1 was great and 2 was pure gold and 3 was in the works, but then it stopped for some reason. sad.
Sadly, that sad reason was to focus on Force Unleashed 2.......

Motakikurushi

Jul 22, 2009
Agreed, that ending was ripe for a sequel. I actually have high hopes for a 2nd Psychonauts, since Double Fine seem to be building themselves back up via Indie games. It's going to be a long time before we see Razputin again though.

SilkySkyKitten

Oct 20, 2009
brumley53 said:
XII, great FPS game, great storyline, great Cell Shaded badassness and one great big cliffhanger that will never be finished because it sold like shit.
^^This^^

I know I could just find and read the comic that game was based on to figure out what happens, but dammit I want a sequel! That game was a fantastic and unfortunately forgotten gem from the previous generation of consoles.

TheNewDemoman

Feb 21, 2010
Zone of the Enders 3 for consoles (maybe PC but they would just complain anyway xD)
Mirrors Edge 2
Borderlands 2

theginger

Nov 18, 2009
Crumpster said:
So, the point is to list a game that you wish had more sequels. Tell us why you want a sequel/more sequels and explain why you know, they aren't coming!

I wish they made another Heroes of Might and Magic, it clearly needs a number six! It has always been my favourite turn-based strategy game, although number four was utter bullcrap, number three and five were golden.
The real problem with making a sequel is, that 3DO (the developer of the HOMAM-series) kinda shut down because of bankruptcy. I guess they died when number four was really, REALLY bad, plus some other game that didn't sell.
Dude, haven't you heard? HoMMVI is under development (Ubisoft,same as heroes V). I haven't the slightest clue how to embed but here is the youtube link to a rather dramatic but undescriptive trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEBGPcRBnQU
Dev diary for the new stronghold
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcT_70mXqaw&feature=channel
If you rummage around related videos and chanel page on the second one there are interviews with the dev team and other previews on gameplay.
Also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSD1d4uoltg&feature=channel

Apparently tier 1-3 and 4-6 creatures will now be of equal strength with a tier 7 "champion" creature on top. (Pit lords are now the strongest for demons, devils have been demoted!)
Looks to be great though.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Psychonauts. Enough said.

Also, I'd like to see Kingdom Hearts 3, but Square-Enix seems more interested in stretching out the backstory just to make more games and get more money.