Games that Actually Scared You

SidingWithTheEnemy

Sep 29, 2011
The Sims 3 was scary...

To think that this game will be sucessful gave me the creeps.
Even worse the fact that I liked playing it for a bit...

JochemDude

Nov 23, 2010
None, however sometimes a suspiciously well placed jump scare can get some adrenaline going.

Vandenberg1

May 26, 2011
Silent Hill 1 or Eternal Darkness were both creepy and kick alot all new games asses. Bioshock one was... kinda creepy, but you kicked their asses to much to be scared if you were a competant player and realized there was no negative side to dying in the game

Ironbat92

Nov 19, 2009
When I was a kid, the legend of Zelda: the Majora's mask scared me because of skull kid.

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
Amnesia.. Chills to the bone. Never got past the 5th turn haha. It's that heavy on the atmosphere. Maybe i should go get my revenge and play it through this time...

And was Fear really that scary? I didn't notice it due to the guns and stuff I had at my disposal.
Same goes for Dead Space. Fun but not scary

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
Amnesia: The Dark Descent. The whole game had me at the edge of my seat.
Metro 2033 (That ghost level). Parts of the game had me at my seat like the ghost level. The overall atmosphere of the game was scary.
Half Life 2 (Raveholm). That got me the first few times I played it.

I don't see what is scary about Minecraft. Sure I'm on alert in caves for creepers etc. The atmosphere of the game doesn't lend it's self to be scary.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Quite literally, only Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Game just do-not-scare-me. Yet that was literally exhausting for me to play. I've yet to beat it.

ScarBrow07

Sep 26, 2008
When I was younger in 2001 The first appearance of the flood made my 9 year old self lose sleep. After that the Halo series lost the scare appeal completely. At the time it was such an unexpected twist in the game.

Mandalore_15

Aug 12, 2009
InB4 Amne... oh, FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!

OT: Actually, Doom was rather scary at the time, but then again I was only 4.

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
Going retro with the SA-X from Metroid Fusion. Holy shit, when it chases you, you really hope that you don't die.

Matt Hancox

Sep 30, 2011
This may sound weird but,
Splinter Cell.

Sneaking around in the dark creates a kind of feeling of security, and at the same time tension, as you don't know if your about to be caught.
Then suddenly,
"HE'S HERE!"
BLAM BLAM BLAM
"OH SHIT! RUN!"

No game has really scared me, but Splinter cell does shock me. Like a younger brother or immature roommate sneaking up behind you and popping a ballon next to your ear.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Half Life 2 for me. It wasn't so much that the entire game is scary, but those poison headcrabs... *shudders*

There were other moments in games which made me freak out. One time in Metal Gear Solid 3 I was crawling through some grass, watching some guards patrolling. Suddenly, a snake appeared out of nowhere and reared it's head up ready to bite me. I yelled and paused the game.

Friggin snakes...