Games that are better on easy

Sexy Devil

Jul 12, 2010
Uncharted games. The shooting is mostly just slapped in so that they can call it a game, really kills the cinematic feel when you're dying.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Vault101 said:
dragon age

I prefered the talking to the gameplay anyway
Agreed, and I always forget that it's D&D style combat and start hitting random buttons
(strange that I never forget when I play KotOR I & II and there the same combat!)

Mariakko

Nov 21, 2011
Timeshift. You can take so much damage and your time abilities regenerate so quickly that you can run circles around enemies and stick an explosive crossbow bolt in their neck, steal a gun off a guy then shoot him in the face with it, and then beat a guy to death before he can really feel the pain. Then the slow time wears off and you have a giggling fit watching bodies fly everywhere. It's a great game on easiest and most difficult difficulties.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Luca72 said:
Mass Effect 1. It's the only one I've played, and I know combat is supposed to be much better in the sequels, but damn. Easy is the only way I can get my useless squadmates to survive a battle, so I don't spend five minutes hiding behind a wall waiting for my shields/biotics/techs to recharge. The game also has a habit of throwing nonsensically powerful enemies at you, like a Krogan that becomes invincible and charges you, or several robots with insta-kill sniper rifles.
Same here. Gods know I tried, but I just got so annoyed picking my squadmates off of the floor. It's already a game with nonsensically long corridors and annoying elevator rides, so spending way more time than I want on combat was a no-no. ME2 and 3 I can finish on Insanity without a hitch, but the first game makes me pull out my hair sometimes.

Also: many hack and slash games (Bayonetta, God of War and Devil May Cry in particular). I'm not particularly good at them and I don't really want to play those games for a challenge. I'll just put them on easy and go to town. If I liked them the first playthrough, I might play them again on a higher difficulty level.

VeryOddGamer

Feb 26, 2012
DnD based RPGs, because the talking is a lot more fun than the fighting and RTS and 4X games, because I suck at them and I want to take over whatever you can take over in the game in question.

dagens24

Mar 20, 2004
Vault101 said:
dragon age

Hell yes. This is one of those games for me; thanks for reminding me. I enjoyed myself SO much more after switching the game to easy.

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
Vault101 said:
dragon age

What she said. I played on normal until I had to fight a horde of werewolves, put it on casual and now the game is twice as good, its way more fun wading through hordes are darkspawn than having to use 5 health potions against 1.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Vegosiux said:
I find that games on easy difficulties are a "different" kind of fun. As I always say, sometimes I want to be at the finish line first, sometimes I just want to enjoy the walk - along the same road.
That's not what you always say.
[sub]I couldn't resist, it's the first time I've actually gotten to play off of what I put as my occupation on this website.[/sub]

OT: Most Bioware games. Dragon Age: Origins became a downright chore every time I ran across blood mages, and I was only playing on Normal. Mass Effect hasn't quite broken me yet, but I think I've only ever bumped it up to Veteran. Also, inFamous and Crysis are absolutely terrible on higher difficulties, because you're supposed to be playing some sort of badass but you get out-gunned by gang members and a vastly under-equipped militia, respectively. I always hated the difficulty in the first Crysis, actually, because it always felt like the plain old Korean bullet-proof armor was just as effective as the supposed super-suit that I was wearing.

I'll echo Minecraft too. I don't mind every now and then getting the monsters to pop up, but I have a habit of making very large homes that aren't illuminated quite well enough, so I always end up with a damn creeper spawning on the first floor or something.

Other than that... well, I've never managed to bump up the difficulty in any of the Metal Gear Solid games yet, but that's mostly because I'm terrible at stealth games.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
Skyrim, Fallout 3/New Vegas: I find the game more enjoyable on easy (not very easy though) because enemies take a more realistic amount of damage before dying and its harder to get insta-killed by some tougher enemies.

Minecraft I play on easy (not peaceful) because I, like most people, don't like dying if I have tonnes of loot from mining and a Creeper insta-kills me. I f a creeper blows up next to me on easy it usually leaves me with 1-2 hearts which I am fine with. The thing is also that I don't find creepers the most annoying enemy, I would probably say Skeletons are more so.

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
Fallout, especially 3 where you can't zoom in. I've always prefered the RPG elements anyway and on NV it's so easy to get killed by Cazadors and Deathclaws. Action is subpar, no point bothering with it.

I play Skyrim on adept though and I'm fine with it. Occasionally I briefly notch it down if I'm up against something particularly tough but those are uncommon exceptions.

WhyWasThat

Jul 2, 2010
Oblivion and Skyrim I always had at the lowest possible difficulty. Those games you just don't want to be challenged in.

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
Gabanuka said:
Vault101 said:
dragon age

What she said. I played on normal until I had to fight a horde of werewolves, put it on casual and now the game is twice as good, its way more fun wading through hordes are darkspawn than having to use 5 health potions against 1.
Dragon Age Origins as well. I don't play many games on easy but this was one I had too. After a certain point the game becomes nearly impossible to play even on normal settings. I can't imagine how hard it is on the higher setting.

Most racing games are also like this for me. Some of them get insanely hard, especially if they use the cheap ass rubber banding AI.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Cheesepower5 said:
Mount & Blade. It's still ridiculously hard to make a ballsy move on like 30% difficulty.
Mount & Blade is a game that'll be on lowest difficulty forever for me. The game is hard enough as it is. I'd much rather go on a blind charge through enemy lines than cower behind my shield for most of a battle.

Souleks

Jan 17, 2009
GundamSentinel said:
Cheesepower5 said:
Mount & Blade. It's still ridiculously hard to make a ballsy move on like 30% difficulty.
Mount & Blade is a game that'll be on lowest difficulty forever for me. The game is hard enough as it is. I'd much rather go on a blind charge through enemy lines than cower behind my shield for most of a battle.
I am pretty much the same way, I like to be the hero that charges through the enemy shield line and takes out 30+ guys.
I find that if you play it on harder difficulties that game just takes forever to get somewhere because your constantly getting defeated or losing large portions of your army.

Swyftstar

May 19, 2011
I'm going to go with Minecraft as well. After having a huge chunk of whatever I was building blown apart by a creeper I didn't see for the fifth time or so I just turned the difficulty down.

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
Any RTS, because I'd get my ass kicked otherwise. I love them but I suck at them...

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
All the Mass Effects, they are so boring gunplay-wise to me that the best way is just to rush through on easy,

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Peaceful [Very easy] in Minecraft. It changes survival mode to a very lonely killing of animals and mining of coal. Sure thats Minecraft in a nutshell but without creepers jumping you it just makes you feel more alone.