Games that genuinely make you angry.

M-E-D The Poet

Sep 12, 2011
ShakyFiend said:
M-E-D The Poet said:
ShakyFiend said:
Nearly gritted my teeth into oblivion to the tune of Dark Soul.

I was SO close to loving Mass Effect 3 but couldn't quite manage it, Mordin
dies
way too early apart from anything else and then...well I didn't actually mind the ending so much as huge bloody non-sequitur with the illusive man right before it and the gaudy horrific effing cut scene right after it.

(mods, if complaining about ME3's ending now warrants an insta-ban; please spare me, I had no idea)

Saying WOW used to make me angry is slightly disingenuous as it wasn't the game so much as the people who inhabited it...
oh you silly fool mordin doesn't have to die
That is no reason to hate the game
WHAT? Son of a *****, I assume you have to not tell him about the trap programmed into the Genophage cure? I was so pissed off when he died, still he has the best death scene in the whole damn game.
There is actually a way to convince mordin to apply the trap and fake his death , he will send you messages and talk to you before you do the final mission (yaknow the bit that gets you to the starchild)

Azuaron

Mar 17, 2010
ExileNZ said:
Azuaron said:
Borderlands has me pretty pissed off right now.

For the Secret Armory of General Knoxx DLC, after you defeat Knoxx, you blow up the armory, right? So you walk in, and you're standing on an elevator. There are three buttons to press. You are not told which button to press.

I press the left-most button. The bomb becomes active. I press the middle button. The elevator takes me down into the armory.

Oh, that one on the right? Yeah, that's the one that actually ends the quest, and if you don't press it before lowering the elevator, you're screwed and can never complete that quest or the two subsequent quests breaking back into the armory.

Apparently the only way to get around it is to find someone online who just happens to be at the end of the Knoxx quest and piggyback your way into the armory.

But, for the most part, I don't get angry at games. For instance, I recently played Deus Ex (the original) for the first time, and I really didn't like the gameplay. So I just turned God mode on. *shrug* I was only there for the story, anyway.
Godmode? You mean "put all your points into pistols"?
Nope. I mean I used the console to make myself immune to damage and give myself all the points to upgrade everything to max.

DiZtAnT

Oct 20, 2010
As much as I loved the multiplayer in Gears of War 2, the dedicated hosting made me rage more then once.

No amount of playerskill can compete with someones walmart-brand connection.

I remember when I was younger I actually remember wanting to start a donation pool aimed towards epic having dedicated servers T,T

Danzavare

Oct 17, 2010
Sonic 2006.

That princess wants to do WHAT to WHO!?

Other than that, Chocobo Tales on the Wii annoyed me. "I am not this stupid dammit! I can't keep losing to a CHILDREN'S game!" I made peace with it after I looked up reviews that all talked about its surprising level of difficulty. I don't feel so bad now. xD

Arkynomicon

Mar 25, 2011
Guess Dead Space 2 for being so bad compared to Dead Space 1. It has no atmosphere compared to the first game, throws hoards of enemies at you all the time so you always expect something in every room and the story was so bad compared to the first game that did something basic and didn't convolute it up.

I did like the spear-gun, though.

Idocreating

Apr 16, 2009
M-E-D The Poet said:
There is actually a way to convince mordin to apply the trap and fake his death , he will send you messages and talk to you before you do the final mission (yaknow the bit that gets you to the starchild)
True, but it takes some prep work from both ME1 and ME2. You can only potentially save Mordin if Wrex is dead and you destroyed Maelon's research.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
Mortal Kombat 9, Shao Kahn.
Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City, any Nemesis Fight.
Dead Island, infected and The fucking City on singleplayer.
Blazblue, Hakumen.
Gears of War 3, playing with my friends.

M-E-D The Poet

Sep 12, 2011
Idocreating said:
M-E-D The Poet said:
True, but it takes some prep work from both ME1 and ME2. You can only potentially save Mordin if Wrex is dead and you destroyed Maelon's research.
wrex lived as well in my play?

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
I used to get mad at griefers in online games, but now the shock has worn off

I get frustrated at many things, like player incompetence but I view malicious betrayal like Captain Boomer from Moby Dick s he views The White Whale. You know the basic plot of the book right, Captain Ahab loses a leg to this wild animal and wants revenge on it, and he meets Captain boomer after hearing he also lost a limb to the same beast, he expected to have an ally.

Yet to spite Cpt Boomer losing an arm to the creature he wants no revenge as he sees it as a creature beyond reason, it was in its nature to strike at what hunts it and the ocean is full of creatures like that. Ahab gets mad and still wants revenge on the beast that took his leg and almost took his life.

That's the way I look at griefers, like wild animals it is in their nature for them to do what they do, it is futile to get angry and want revenge. I just get disappointed and mute them, get admin to kick them or move to another server.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
I simply was not having the Ghost Recon Beta.

Seriously, fuck that thing. That just wasn't a fun Beta. Nothing about it worked, and this is coming from someone who was actually pretty decent at it.

I played it for a good four hours, realized that there was no way it would ever function as a balanced game, and than deleted it off my hard drive.

Shinclone

Nov 20, 2011
Zhukov said:
Dead Rising 2 got me pretty frustrated.

It's a sandbox game where every single mission is on a timer.

Urgh.
This. Infact both games annoyed the piss out of me. I wanted to explore, wear pretty dresses and make-up while smashing in zombie skulls but those fecking timers... Whose bright idea was it to make a games in these locations and make it so you really can't explore anything?

ExileNZ

Dec 15, 2007
DigitalAtlas said:
ExileNZ said:
DigitalAtlas said:
CrimsonBlaze said:
Pokemon Black and White for obvious reasons.

Mainly because it's a step back in the wrong direction in terms of the game series and people are praising it. Now a sequel is confirmed for it. A 2 year time lapse does not make a game a sequel, especially when there are no new elements to be found compare to it's "prequel."
Someone should watch some of those trailers. Besides, Golden Sun did it.

Games that leave me angry.....

MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6

Did I make my point yet?
Think you missed a couple of games there...

MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6

I hear you man, I hear you...
(hand on shoulder and man-tears)
(EDIT: Unless you're a chick - that's cool too)
I'm male.

X6 is the worst example of design... Dear GAAAAAAWWDD

*bro hug with manly tears*
Especially after X4, which was easily the best MMX, pretty much ever.
(dodgey Australian voice-acting notwithstanding)

Smeatza

Dec 12, 2011
Dead Rising 2 - Not only because it made crushing hoardes of zombies boring and a chore, not just because the game made the awful decision to make humans tougher than zombies, but mainly for having an awful matchmaking system. I have never, not once been able to play a co-operative session with anybody. And my PS3 has spent at least 6 hours searching.

The Witcher - I don't think I've ever encountered another game where EVERY SINGLE FEATURE has been implemented badly. I honestly don't have a single good thing to say about it.

ExileNZ

Dec 15, 2007
Azuaron said:
ExileNZ said:
Azuaron said:
Borderlands has me pretty pissed off right now.

For the Secret Armory of General Knoxx DLC, after you defeat Knoxx, you blow up the armory, right? So you walk in, and you're standing on an elevator. There are three buttons to press. You are not told which button to press.

I press the left-most button. The bomb becomes active. I press the middle button. The elevator takes me down into the armory.

Oh, that one on the right? Yeah, that's the one that actually ends the quest, and if you don't press it before lowering the elevator, you're screwed and can never complete that quest or the two subsequent quests breaking back into the armory.

Apparently the only way to get around it is to find someone online who just happens to be at the end of the Knoxx quest and piggyback your way into the armory.

But, for the most part, I don't get angry at games. For instance, I recently played Deus Ex (the original) for the first time, and I really didn't like the gameplay. So I just turned God mode on. *shrug* I was only there for the story, anyway.
Nope. I mean I used the console to make myself immune to damage and give myself all the points to upgrade everything to max.
There's a much easier way to get godmode: put all your early points into maxing out pistols. Between the improved aiming and the ludicrous damage, there's pretty much nothing short of a mech that can kill you before you kill it - and because you're maxing pistols, you can just ask for the GEP gun straight off.

Idocreating

Apr 16, 2009
M-E-D The Poet said:
Idocreating said:
M-E-D The Poet said:
wrex lived as well in my play?
Did you retrieve his family armour in ME1?

Azuaron

Mar 17, 2010
ExileNZ said:
Azuaron said:
ExileNZ said:
Azuaron said:
I recently played Deus Ex (the original) for the first time, and I really didn't like the gameplay. So I just turned God mode on. *shrug* I was only there for the story, anyway.
There's a much easier way to get godmode: put all your early points into maxing out pistols. Between the improved aiming and the ludicrous damage, there's pretty much nothing short of a mech that can kill you before you kill it - and because you're maxing pistols, you can just ask for the GEP gun straight off.
I was already 3/4 the way through, and all my points were in low-tech weapons, computers, electronics, and lockpicking. Not the mix you want at the end game.

X10Unit1

Dec 28, 2011
kickyourass said:
So far only Too Human is the only game that makes me legitimately angry, I mean the first hour or so is actually pretty nice, it has an interesting control scheme and I like the idea of Cybernetic Viking Gods. But than all the horribleness starts creeping into your attention, the atrocious healing system (you can't store healing items, they only drop in significant numbers when you don't barely need them, and the only class that can heal itself heals at a rate that would make glacial shifts look hypersonic) and the associated death sequence, the embarrassingly useless ranged weapons, the teeth scrapping slow movement speed and a plot that is too thinly spread to offer even an ounce of engagement. It makes me really angry mostly because that first bit works so nicely that it feels like some filthy lie once you get further into it!
Or the fact that the demo was a quarter of the game. The story???? There was a story? There were conversations but nothing I would consider a story.

That game made me more mad at myself because I was super excited for the game, got several other friends to preorder it and play it with me, and then the major disappointment made me look like an idiot for not only paying full price but for also duping my friends into buying it too.

Yeager942

Oct 31, 2008
A lot of people here would say Dark Souls, but it's difficulty is vastly overrated. Unforgiving yes, but I'd always die due to my mistakes and each death taught me to avoid it.

No, a truely rage inducing game would be League or Dota. Imagine in Starcraft that every unit death not only cost you minerals, but also gave your enemy more vespene gas. And that it's really a 5v5, so no matter how well you do, a few idiots on your team can end up turning the entire enemy team into Super Saiyan mode.

Welcome to Moba.

lunam-kardas

Jul 21, 2011
Dawn of Mana

-The camera is ridiculously sensitive to the point of giving me a migraine with a side of nausea, so good luck targeting enemies while they curb stomp your ass!
-The controls are loose & sloppy...this is an understatement I cannot quantify.
-Jumping feels like I have concrete shoes on and this stupid game forces jumping puzzles on you.
-Not to mention the entire time I was playing there was always another character there who wouldn't do jack shit!

Ritzia: OMG GIANT ENEMY CRAB SPIDER THING!!
Keldric: Don't worry Retzia! I'll fight it all by myself to protect you!!
Me: I'm sorry wait what? Why the FUCK can't she do anything?

Later, our heroes are spying on a large battalion of golem soldiers who have taken the love interest Retzia hostage.

New guy: C'mon Keldric let's go
Keldric: No! You go back to the village and protect them, I'll go take them all on my own!
Me: WHAT? WHY?! WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU ARE YOU TURNING DOWN HELP?!

Keldric: Alright! Now to go fight!
Me: Wait... where's all that experience I busted my ass earning last chapter? Why am I level one again?
Keldric: Oh, you don't get to keep that, you start over with each new chapter.
Me:...
Keldric: Let's go!
Me: No
Keldric: What?
Me: I said no. I'm not doing this.
Keldric: But... but Retzia-
Me: Fuck Retzia, Fuck you, Fuck this whole game, I'm done.

Oh, and that first boss thing? The Enemy Crab? Every hit I did to it shaved MAYBE 0.001% off of its health...and you could only hit it from behind...after it does the super fuck you charge attack... an attack that is really goddamn hard to dodge because, as stated earlier, the game's camera and jumping controls hate you. Dragon Age's Archdemon on Insanity was a bloody CAKEWALK compared to this Crab!

I am so unbelievably glad I did not pay good money for this.