Games that genuinely make you angry.

MiriaJiyuu

Forum Lurker
Jun 28, 2011
Nicolle said:
Jak 2... the one game I almost broke my tv over. Great story but the missions are extremly hard for the 2nd half of the game.
I busted 3 controllers playing this game. It's a fun game overall, but there's a few levels that make me want to pull my hair out... one strand at a time. It's always that one mission... in the strip mine with the tanker where you have to take out 40 Krimzon Guard, the tanker itself is easy, but all those stupid guards drove me crazy since they NEVER seem to miss.

Grape_Bullion

Mar 8, 2012
I have a personal vendetta with Mystic Ninja starring Goemon, for waterfall bullshit. My friends and I all get pretty mad when we throw in Soul Calibur 2, just because that game can bring out the worst in people.

TheLizardKing

May 4, 2012
Dark Souls, but in a good way.

Skyrim on my PS3. There's sooooooo many bugs and i don't have a decent internet connection.

Lunatic High

Apr 14, 2012
RE: operation racoon city, I feel your pain, read the reviews but said to myself "fuck it I've never let reviews sway my decision when it comes to gaming, even the online is fucking terrible its cool that there is the presence of zombies though, but all in all they shit a huge smouldering crater in the bed. Its never been the same since RE:4 which was 100 times better even without the fucking zombies.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
geK0 said:
Minecraft

because creepers and lava
I'm sure the Lava is also an enemy AI...the amount of times im happily digging, mine one block, and fall 5 blocks down into a pit of lava is annoying!

Also Endermen *shudders* when they come to the 360 version is the day Minecraft will hate me even more. Also the Spiders sound is terrifying, especially when you can hear it but can't see it!

OT: Batman: Arkham City, after you complete game your like "YEY xD" then you get to that other story mode and your like "o_O"

Seriously, i pressed "y" so counter the attack! don't stand there like a lemon!

Also the Catwomen sequences on that mode are piss annoying!, good game, but argh! Stressful!

Rock Beefchest

Dec 20, 2008
Zhukov said:
Dead Rising 2 got me pretty frustrated.

It's a sandbox game where every single mission is on a timer.

Urgh.
OMG this this completely. It is the videogame equivalent of giving a child the coolest new toy but then taking it away from them after a egg timer goes off. Seriously I have not completed either game because of the same issue. I save myself into a position where I can't go any farther. Those game would be beautiful if they would just abandon the timer and the need to get meds back to your daughter aspect.

No game has made me more frustrated.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
New Twisted Metal, Dollface juggernaught mission. I can't complete it. It is too damn hard.

ExileNZ

Dec 15, 2007
Azuaron said:
SNIP

I was already 3/4 the way through, and all my points were in low-tech weapons, computers, electronics, and lockpicking. Not the mix you want at the end game.
Sure it is - you can knock out just about any non-mech from behind and for anyone else you can use the dragon's tooth. Just use thermal camo and bob's your auntie.

Wait, you were playing stealth, right?

CaptainMarvelous

May 9, 2012
Superman 64. Because I love Superman and I did NOTHING to deserve this.

Also, Battletoads. Because I like difficulty but jesus god, there is a limit to what thumbs are capable of!. I actually liked Demon/Dark Souls, if just for the one time when i watched a ghost go flying back, wondering how they died so dynamically and rounding a corner to find a stack of gunpowder and a maniac with a torch..

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Conn1496 said:
Mario kart. Just because of the AIs. The game is fine, but the AIs are so douchey, it hurts my mind. WHY THROW THAT SHELL? I WAS ABOUT TO WIN, YOU ASSCLOWN!
I really hate Mario Kart Wii, the AI is so broken its not funny. I remember trying to win the races and being bombarded with blue and red shells, bullet bills, bloopers and POW blocks its not funny. It really is not fun trying to win against all that.

Its a shame, Mario Kart used to be good fun but went downhill more or less after Double Dash and that wasn't great either.

SeeIn2D said:
FIFA 12 is one of the most genuinely rage inducing games I've ever played. It even dethrones the mighty Call of Duty. In this game it thinks it's okay to give me a yellow card when another player runs into me and I have the ball...yeah... and it also thinks it's okay to allow these other guys to get away with murder by sliding my players from behind and destroying me, with no card or foul given.
The bugs in that game are amusing...when its not happening to you. I play Fifa 12 regularly with a friend and we take turns in being hated and screwed over by the game. What really grinds my gears is when you do a soft tackle in the penalty area getting the ball, my friends player stumbles a tiny little bit - penalty!

Thankfully taking a penalty in that game is retarded.

Also, another thing that bugs me. There is no skill in beating the keeper, you just take a low shot and the keeper, no matter who you have in goal, will flap at it pathetically. There is nothing more frustrating than being smashed 8-0 because the keeper refuses to make the simplest of saves.

mjcabooseblu

Apr 29, 2011
Final Fantasy, from 2 onwards. You don't call a game Final Fantasy if you plan to make a million sequels, that's just stupid.

Samantha Burt

Jan 30, 2012
DeathSwitch109 said:
Snipers - Any FPS game. Shooting someone in the leg shouldn't mean instant death...
Did you ever play the first Modern Warfare? You know what happens to Zakhaev, when you shoot him in the arm? Yeah, that really happens with .50 cal sniper rounds. Shoot someone in the knee and they can kiss goodbye to most of their leg, and that's a lot of blood loss. At least, that's what I draw from it.

Aisaku

Jul 9, 2010
Re: Dead Rising 2.

I'm with you guys, but that's kind of the point of the game. Once you climb the damn steep slope you get to play around all you want. So, replayability at the expense of annoying the hell out of first time players? Yeah, that's pretty much it.

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
X10Unit1 said:
kickyourass said:
So far only Too Human is the only game that makes me legitimately angry, I mean the first hour or so is actually pretty nice, it has an interesting control scheme and I like the idea of Cybernetic Viking Gods. But than all the horribleness starts creeping into your attention, the atrocious healing system (you can't store healing items, they only drop in significant numbers when you don't barely need them, and the only class that can heal itself heals at a rate that would make glacial shifts look hypersonic) and the associated death sequence, the embarrassingly useless ranged weapons, the teeth scrapping slow movement speed and a plot that is too thinly spread to offer even an ounce of engagement. It makes me really angry mostly because that first bit works so nicely that it feels like some filthy lie once you get further into it!
Or the fact that the demo was a quarter of the game. The story???? There was a story? There were conversations but nothing I would consider a story.

That game made me more mad at myself because I was super excited for the game, got several other friends to preorder it and play it with me, and then the major disappointment made me look like an idiot for not only paying full price but for also duping my friends into buying it too.
Ohh yeah there was story, it's just extremely dull, and they spread it out so much that in the time it took for me to get to one 'story' cutscene, I'd barely remember what happened in the last one because nothing even slightly memorable happens.

Azuaron

Mar 17, 2010
ExileNZ said:
Azuaron said:
SNIP

I was already 3/4 the way through, and all my points were in low-tech weapons, computers, electronics, and lockpicking. Not the mix you want at the end game.
Sure it is - you can knock out just about any non-mech from behind and for anyone else you can use the dragon's tooth. Just use thermal camo and bob's your auntie.

I was playing stealth until I got bored, turned on god mode, and massacred everybody. ;-)

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Dead Rising 2: Sells on being Sandbox...has a mission timer that effects your fun. Bleh

Also Dark Souls. Was it me but I doubt the epic hero in a quest can roll faster, take more damage and kill faster then most of that sh*t in Dark Souls. Also I guess you ain't a epic hero, also the respawning monsters when you rest...that don't happen in real life or any other game...other then demon souls. X_X

DA2: For it's no Dual Wielding warrior class...I wanted it, it made DA:O fun for me. :(

Deus Ex HR: Bosses...thats enough to make me angry. >_<

Mass Effect 3: Ending enough said. -_-

Minecraft:....sssssssss *BOOM* then goes my fort. AAAAAARG!!!

That's the most points for now.

JWRosser

Jul 4, 2006
I quite enjoy hearing how angry my housemate gets at Soul Calibur. Same with any fighting game I think - a high level AI can read your input commands and thus knows exactly what you're going to do, and when to avoid/counter it.

ExileNZ

Dec 15, 2007
Azuaron said:
ExileNZ said:
Azuaron said:
SNIP

I was playing stealth until I got bored, turned on god mode, and massacred everybody. ;-)
Bob Page was more right than he knew in that intro...