Games that genuinely make you angry.

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
I can't play fighting/ 1v1 games. Just can't. Especially Soul Calibur.

If people fucking chastise you in a game when you're new for using random button mashing and combo/grapple spam to win, but then you get beaten by people who do the same thing after you've taught yourself the correct combos, there's something fundamentally flawed with that game.

I just can't play 1v1. I get too frustrated and pissed off when the level of skill/cheap ass combo spam is so different between myself and another player, which makes the game lose all of its appeal to actually play.

However, my friends do ask me to create their characters whenever they want a new one, because I'm extremely meticulous on every detail of character creation when it exists. At least that part is enjoyable.

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
Deadly Premonition.

Fucking. Q. T. E. S.
Honestly, rocking the stick back and forth to run? Why can't I control myself? Then wouldn't it be more scary, as it's up to me and not a sub-parly designed pre-determined path? And... that fucking end boss. As a challenge, I used the machine-gun (as I think you do minimun damage with it, anyway, save the revolver, which doesn't do that much, anyway). God, what a fucking chore. I won't spoil anything, but it's so fucking hard to hit that son-of-a-***** doll of his.

Pokemon: Heart Gold.

I was using a LVL 92 Togekiss with Shadow Ball, Metrenome, Aura Sphere, and Fly on the new-game+ final boss... honestly - 11-levels above his highest level, and it was still really fucking hard. Eventually, I gave up and just spammed Aura Sphere, continually. And not even that worked out. Fuck you, Red.

Oblivion.

I'm two rooms away, I've closed and barricaded the door, and I've tooken all my clothes off to minimize sound, and I decide to take some food from the inn room. I take one (ONE) blackberry.

"STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM - YOU HAVE VIOLATED THE LAW!"

Honstly, the stealth in that game is so... awful. It was alot better in Skyrim, and Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Honestly, that game was like a massive kick in the balls. Sure, afterwards, they apologized and got you a milkshake, but a kick in the balls is still a kick in the balls.

And Persona 4.
I remembered Persona 3 being very easy, because its combat system was unforgiving, but it was also very unforgiving to the enemies. Both of you would be scrambling on the floor like 2-turtles who are aiming to kill each other on their backs. Persona 3's combat system was designed to be a dick to both sides. But in Persona 4, you need to hit an enemy twice to Dizzy it with an attack that its weak to. This alters the system quite alot, and enemies in every odd dungeon in that game just didn't give enough experience. I'd find myself going to a previous dungeon to grind, and coming out more succesful.

Catch 52

May 14, 2011
Not trying to draw any hate here, but Skyrim.
Don't get me wrong, I loved the gameplay and to a larger extent I loved the story. My issue is with completing sections; when you become leader of the thieves guild no-one seems to care. When you become grandmaster of the college no-one gives you respect and even when you finish the main storyline you don't get an ending it goes back to the world and tells you to get on with any side missions you didn't complete. For me a story should have an ending, and the lack of one after putting in so many hours pissed me off.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I know I could just edit my earlier post, but I lost it, so I'll say it here.
HAHAHAHHAHA FUCK YOU BINDING OF ISAAC I BEAT SHEOL WITH EVE UP YOURS PRICK I'LL NEVER USE THAT PIECE OF SHIT CHARACTER AGAIN NA NA NA NA NAAAA NAAAAAAAAAA

Lord_Gremlin

Apr 10, 2009
Mortal Kombat Vita challenge tower. Makes me angry because it's not fun, it's hard, cheap and feels like unpaid work rather than gaming.
And I don't mind challenge. I loved every bit of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. I just hate cheap, joyless tedium of which latest MK has plenty on both Vita and PS3 (and I have both versions), but this ONLY applies to challenge mode, other parts are very good in both versions. AI is dumb and cheap but it doesn't make me genuinely angry, I can beat it on expert difficulty no problem.

OrpheusTelos

Mar 24, 2012
RustlessPotato said:
Graphics may be shinier in TFU 2, but at least in TFU 1 You had to pull down a star destroyer with the force. Yes, you used the force to pull a Star Destroyer !

I hope the children of this game are born with diseases.
Yeah, but that sequence was awful. Easily the worst QTE I've seen. I agree that FU2 was the most appropriate abbreviation for that sequel too (say it out loud...)

OP: Final Fantasy XIII-2. I didn't mind XIII all that much, but XIII-2 was garbage

inkheart_artist

Jan 22, 2009
Oh I know! BlazBlue.

That game was the most offensive, sexually exploitative, completely unoriginal, awful fighting game I've ever played. I played it for a few months because friends that were into anime thought it was fantastic and I was willing to give it a try because I liked Guilty Gear. Fast forward a year to them releasing sexualized child characters on their roster and it went from being just as bad as your average anime to being something that made me physically angry.

ThePS1Fan

Dec 22, 2011
Zhukov said:
Dead Rising 2 got me pretty frustrated.

It's a sandbox game where every single mission is on a timer.

Urgh.
The timer doesn't bother me. The thing that bothers me is the fact that the game is almost unbeatable on your first playthrough. The low stats I could've gotten past if I had known where to find some useful weapons.

DigitalAtlas

Mar 31, 2011
ExileNZ said:
DigitalAtlas said:
CrimsonBlaze said:
Pokemon Black and White for obvious reasons.

Mainly because it's a step back in the wrong direction in terms of the game series and people are praising it. Now a sequel is confirmed for it. A 2 year time lapse does not make a game a sequel, especially when there are no new elements to be found compare to it's "prequel."
Someone should watch some of those trailers. Besides, Golden Sun did it.

Games that leave me angry.....

MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6

Did I make my point yet?
Think you missed a couple of games there...

MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6
MEGA MAN X6

I hear you man, I hear you...
(hand on shoulder and man-tears)
(EDIT: Unless you're a chick - that's cool too)
I'm male.

X6 is the worst example of design... Dear GAAAAAAWWDD

*bro hug with manly tears*

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Crysis 2 multiplayer.
And Minecraft for the 360. The mention of it makes me rage. YA SOLD OUT NOTCH!

M-E-D The Poet

Sep 12, 2011
ShakyFiend said:
Nearly gritted my teeth into oblivion to the tune of Dark Soul.

I was SO close to loving Mass Effect 3 but couldn't quite manage it, Mordin
dies
way too early apart from anything else and then...well I didn't actually mind the ending so much as huge bloody non-sequitur with the illusive man right before it and the gaudy horrific effing cut scene right after it.

(mods, if complaining about ME3's ending now warrants an insta-ban; please spare me, I had no idea)

Saying WOW used to make me angry is slightly disingenuous as it wasn't the game so much as the people who inhabited it...
oh you silly fool mordin doesn't have to die
That is no reason to hate the game

doodger

May 19, 2010
Heroes of Newerth is, by itself, a pretty fun game. However...

When you start a game, your 4 teammates will pick a damage hero in a game where there only should be one or two in a 5 man team, and then yell at you to pick a support. Your team will scream at you for every mistake you make, insult you for every mistake they make, say your team is screwed at the slightest problem, the ennemy will laugh at your failure and yell at your success.

TDLR: The community is even worse than League of legend on a good day, and that is beyond the impossible.

Ovoon

Feb 10, 2011
The Force Unleashed. The first one. The most hateful and frustrating gaming experience... I have ever had. By far. I hate that game, so much. I never played the second. I think that if I did, I would have a new least favorite game ever.

Also, getting 1000 GS in Fusion Frenzy was pretty rage filled.

ShakyFiend

Jun 10, 2009
M-E-D The Poet said:
ShakyFiend said:
Nearly gritted my teeth into oblivion to the tune of Dark Soul.

I was SO close to loving Mass Effect 3 but couldn't quite manage it, Mordin
dies
way too early apart from anything else and then...well I didn't actually mind the ending so much as huge bloody non-sequitur with the illusive man right before it and the gaudy horrific effing cut scene right after it.

(mods, if complaining about ME3's ending now warrants an insta-ban; please spare me, I had no idea)

Saying WOW used to make me angry is slightly disingenuous as it wasn't the game so much as the people who inhabited it...
oh you silly fool mordin doesn't have to die
That is no reason to hate the game
WHAT? Son of a *****, I assume you have to not tell him about the trap programmed into the Genophage cure? I was so pissed off when he died, still he has the best death scene in the whole damn game.

Pebblig

Jan 27, 2011
The new SSX.

I loved the originals, but some of the new "features" are bollocks and rage inducing.

Night time races? Wouldn't be too bad in a city level, but in a fucking forest I can't see anything, so what's the point.

Avalanche races? Sounded fun, turns out the controls are reversed and you control from above and infront of you so that you can see the avalanche behind you. Which I personally felt was done entirely wrong, as the attempt at getting you to constantly see the avalanche took all the excitement away from snowboarding away from it.

Fucking death runs? Yes, I really enjoy snowboarding alone down a steep montain, in the dark, constantly getting ruined by every tree and rock that fills the entire path.

):

There are others, but I have a habit of forcing myself to completley blank out and forget a part of/a game as it tends to stress me out just thinking about it.

clockworkmonkey

May 15, 2012
Dragon Age 2- I frequently have intense arguments with my boyfriend about this game, and how much I think it sucked in comparison to Dragon Age: Origins. It was all kinds of rushed, the devs clearly cut corners with things such as the environments (did they really expect us not to notice them re-using the same dungeons over and over but just having us start off at a different angle each time?)and the story was mediocre and superficial. It could have been the same, if not better than Dragon Age Origins, but it stank of Bioware trying to get it done too fast.

Dark Souls- WHY DOES IT HATE ME?

Razor Z7

Nov 20, 2011
The Call of Duty series. And Skyrim. JUST GIVE ME A MOD OR OPTION TO COMPLETELY REMOVE THOSE RIDICULOUS SPIDERS!