Games that NEED a Sequel

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Omnific One said:
Mirror's Edge
Enslaved
Prince of Persia (2008)
Yes to Mirror's Edge (for all the right reasons), yes to Enslaved (because they fucked up their ending) and no to Prince of Persia (BECAUSE BAD UBISOFT, BAD!).

OT: Mafia 2. The problems are easy to identify (Mafia not being GTA is not one of them, get the fuck off my game!) and fix - from the sounds of it, most issues came from the rather odd and long development.

They need to get Daniel Vavra back to write it though, and to not allow it to be edited and altered like the second game's was.

Feylynn

Feb 16, 2010
Woodsey said:
Omnific One said:
Mirror's Edge
Enslaved
Prince of Persia (2008)
Yes to Mirror's Edge (for all the right reasons), yes to Enslaved (because they fucked up their ending) and no to Prince of Persia (BECAUSE BAD UBISOFT, BAD!).

OT: Mafia 2. The problems are easy to identify (Mafia not being GTA is not one of them, get the fuck off my game!) and fix - from the sounds of it, most issues came from the rather odd and long development.

They need to get Daniel Vavra back to write it though, and to not allow it to be edited and altered like the second game's was.
Meany! PoP 08 needs a real ending. =(
You don't even have to play it, just pretend you agree so they will give it to us.
I promise I won't even talk about it after that if it helps... Pleeeaasse? =D

Jack Cheal

Aug 25, 2010
Red Dead Redemption and Canis Canem Edit (bully) would be nice
also a new star wars battlefront, because that was the last star wars game that was actually any good.

GrimSheeper

Jan 15, 2010
triggrhappy94 said:
Staw Wars Republic Commando!

or at least a remake, that game was awesome
I second this! What ever happened to Oh-Sev? Such a cheap cliffhanger ending! They seriously ended it on an intro to the next mission.
While it was badass to hear
"Delta Squad, lock and load!"
Why never finish the freaking fight? (if you excuse the halo excourse)

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
I want the sequel to Command and Conquer 3 to come out now!!!

I would like a mirror's edge sequel, and a mafia 3 wouldn't be bad

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Feylynn said:
Woodsey said:
Omnific One said:
Mirror's Edge
Enslaved
Prince of Persia (2008)

Meany! PoP 08 needs a real ending. =(
You don't even have to play it, just pretend you agree so they will give it to us.
I promise I won't even talk about it after that if it helps... Pleeeaasse? =D
Play The Sands of Time, learn what Prince of Persia should be (wo)man(?)!

*slaps with glove*

Enslaved can take a lesson from it in how to fully write character arcs and keep your story character driven. Honestly, the only thing that game can't do is feed me grapes.

Cazer

Feb 23, 2011
Adrian Madhog said:
Cazer said:
I got the idea from seeing the other topic, about games that didn't need a sequel.

Note: This thread contains Spoilers. Read at your own risk.

KotOR deserves a third installment, I just don't think that SW:TOR will be as fulfulling.

Although I don't think that this needs a sequel, it would be interesting to see a GTA IV sequel about Roman's child, as well as give us a solid idea of whether Roman or Kate died.
"Shadow the Hedgehog 2"! Dehehehehe... no, seriously, I loved that game more than any "official" Sonic game out there... and I've played ALL.
I did actually quite enjoy Shadow the Hedgehog. I never actually got to play all of the endings, I saw the neutral and evil ones though. I had it for the PS2.

karsa37

Sep 13, 2010
I would like to see Legend of Dragoon 2 come out. I loved thier take on turn based battles, the addition system needs to be implemented in rpgs.

Nick of Blades

Feb 27, 2010
The Saboteur definitely needs to be handed off to another company and a sequel made. The story was great, and there is definitely room for a sequel.

Feylynn

Feb 16, 2010
Woodsey said:

*slaps with glove*

Enslaved can take a lesson from it in how to fully write character arcs and keep your story character driven. Honestly, the only thing that game can't do is feed me grapes.
Oh I have played Sands, and Warrior, and Thrones, all were better than 2008 truthfully.
This prince is nothing compared to any of the previous games, BUT!
I still managed to enjoy it for what it was, a beautiful, well textured, beautiful, romp around a fancy fantasy land with some cutting things, lots of jumping, and pretty textures.
I have within me the power to accept the story they did have because of one of the final Concubine levels, they just went and squandered all my love by making it a bloody sequel teaser for an ending that ruined the whole narrative flow to do it.
As I said a page or two back I'd rather they just retcon the ending but that's just as unlikely I imagine.

Besides, 2008 was better than Forgotten Sands story. D=
(Granted Forgotten Sands had some pretty kickass combat and nifty new puzzle elements that were waaay better but I'm ignoring those because it's weakening my argument!)

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Feylynn said:
Woodsey said:

*slaps with glove*

Oh I have played Sands, and Warrior, and Thrones, all were better than 2008 truthfully.
This prince is nothing compared to any of the previous games, BUT!
I still managed to enjoy it for what it was, a beautiful, well textured, beautiful, romp around a fancy fantasy land with some cutting things, lots of jumping, and pretty textures.
I have within me the power to accept the story they did have because of one of the final Concubine levels, they just went and squandered all my love by making it a bloody sequel teaser for an ending that ruined the whole narrative flow to do it.
As I said a page or two back I'd rather they just retcon the ending but that's just as unlikely I imagine.

Besides, 2008 was better than Forgotten Sands story. D=
(Granted Forgotten Sands had some pretty kickass combat and nifty new puzzle elements that were waaay better but I'm ignoring those because it's weakening my argument!)
Forgotten Sands breaks my heart too.

Its like someone looked at Sands of Time, KNEW it was the best in the series, and then tried to ape everything about it without knowing WHY it was the best in the series.

As for 2008, it was pretty, but the characters were about as deep as *disgusting analogy*, their relationship didn't feel real, the story progression was non-existent because of the world structure, the combat was finnicky, etc. etc.

I mean,

Do you see how upset he all is about this?! He can barely hold himself to the wall, bless his cotton socks.

Adrian Madhog

Feb 23, 2011
Cazer said:
Adrian Madhog said:
Cazer said:
I got the idea from seeing the other topic, about games that didn't need a sequel.

Note: This thread contains Spoilers. Read at your own risk.

KotOR deserves a third installment, I just don't think that SW:TOR will be as fulfulling.

Although I don't think that this needs a sequel, it would be interesting to see a GTA IV sequel about Roman's child, as well as give us a solid idea of whether Roman or Kate died.
"Shadow the Hedgehog 2"! Dehehehehe... no, seriously, I loved that game more than any "official" Sonic game out there... and I've played ALL.
I did actually quite enjoy Shadow the Hedgehog. I never actually got to play all of the endings, I saw the neutral and evil ones though. I had it for the PS2.
Me too... the ending is as hylariously campy and clichèd as it gets... and the final boss battle is awesome.

Cazer

Feb 23, 2011
ChromaticWolfen said:
Star Wars Battlefront 2 needs Star Wars Battlefront 3, it needs to happen.
This!
I have so many memories of playing Battlefront 2 on my PS2. Mos Eisely Assault, with every 'Hero' character on multiplayer. ;']

dosp5

May 14, 2011
Thespian said:
Pschonauts needs a sequel/spiritual successor. Big time.
Oh yeah, definitely. But it can't continue the story of Raz because Psychonauts ending was really tight and left no room for a sequel. I would love to get a little more in depth with the Psychonaut universe.