Games That Need Anime Adaptations

Katana314

Oct 4, 2007
kloiberin_time said:
Really the best choice I can see is the Phoenix Wright games as a long-running episodic show. It would be Japanese Law and Order for kids/teens. You can fit a case easily into a half hour format and the art style already lends itself to the medium. It's over the top and goofy while still having just enough grit to pull in viewers over the age of 15.
I wasn't sure about the idea at first. Then, I saw their manga; they manage to get the logic and trick elements MUCH deeper than they could ever get in a game. Phoenix Wright determines conclusively that someone could not have heard a wind chime over a cell phone because they can't transmit sounds at that frequency, and is able to put together a theory on how his defendant's prints got on the knife, right on the spot.

Hell, I think he could do much better than CSI if they were to avoid the lame fanservice segments that are unfortunately popular in Ace Attorney culture.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
whiteblood said:
I'd say Dynasty Warriors, but it's Japanese variant already got that with Sengoku Basara which was....interesting!
Dynasty Warriors is in China, Sengoku Basara is in Japan. It has more in common with Samurai Warriors.

Fishehh

May 2, 2009
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Oooh a Blazblue anime would be awesome!

Um, maybe street fighter? I know they've made an anime movie out of it, but I think a series would be pretty damn cool.

Or perhaps Guilty Gear, and maybe Odin Sphere! That would be cool.
I'd like to show you to Air Master [http://www.crunchyroll.com/air-master]
Basically you get Sakura from Street Fighter (ignore the gratuitous amount of pantie shots and you'll be golden, then again Sakura might as well not wear a skirt...)
Enjoy :)

tobuji

Jan 21, 2011
the metal gear solid series for one. then Persona 3, or Persona 4. then maybe infamous, castlevania, legend of zelda. hotel dusk and traua center would make good OVA's. that's all i can think of.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Leemaster777 said:
What about Kingdom Hearts? It's already got a manga adaptation, why not anime?

The only reason they wouldn't is because Disney might not like it.

...although on second thought, isn't there a Lilo and Stitch anime adaptation?
I agree. Kingdom Hearts is already steeped in the anime style and it's got a fairly solid story. The games are also non-linear enough to fit the TV show format rather well, compared to other games.

ScarlettRage

May 13, 2009
Hiken no Ace said:
Ahh yes, I'd love to see an anime of Marvel Vs Capcom 3, following the shallow story that came with the special edition. That would be fun eye candy, heh
have to agree, this would be so epic.

Kurea

Dec 26, 2010
EA's already capitalizing on the anime trend (embarrassingly enough). I don't think the world needs a Dante's Inferno 2 anime. Hypothetical hyperbole aside, I wouldn't mind seeing a BlazBlue anime, or No More Heroes. Anything by Team Ico would be nifty as well, and would serve as a nice escape from the usual frantic antics, with a unique art style no doubt. I would love to see a Silent Hill anime myself, but I don't think SH would ever do well in the medium, sadly. :(

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
None of them

According to Sturgeon's Law 90% of everything is crap. But Anime seems to transcend this law and go above and beyond with 98% of everything being crap. So I wouldn't want any of my favorite games to be an Anime.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Fishehh said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:

Um, maybe street fighter? I know they've made an anime movie out of it, but I think a series would be pretty damn cool.

Basically you get Sakura from Street Fighter (ignore the gratuitous amount of pantie shots and you'll be golden, then again Sakura might as well not wear a skirt...)
I have never heard of that anime before, so I most definitely will. From the screen shots it looks like I will be doing a lot of ignoring, but thanks!

Fishehh

May 2, 2009
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Fishehh said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:

I have never heard of that anime before, so I most definitely will. From the screen shots it looks like I will be doing a lot of ignoring, but thanks!
You're quite welcome, have you watched any of it yet?

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
Does Phoenix Wright have an anime? If not, then I demand one right now!
A P3 anime (with the FeMC) would be awesome too. (No! Trinity Soul does NOT count!)

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
I'm more interested in game adaptions of animes. I'd love an RPG for Slayers, Gensoumaden Saiyuki, Hunter x Hunter, GetBackers, Yu-Yu Hakusho, Gokudo: Swordsman Extraordinaire, Sorcerous Stabber Orphan, Kino no Tabi, King of Bandit Jing, & Photon: The Idiot Adventures, plus some Adventure-Shooters of Miss Dynamite, Dirty Pair, Gunsmith Cats, Mezzo, & Blitz Tactics Nazica. Then some oldschool point-&-click for Gokusen, Petshop of Horrors, & Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro.

Austin Howe

Dec 5, 2010
I've always thought that Metal Gear would make a really good anime. Granted, the design would have to be a little more Western in look, but I think that series is great anime fodder.

Lord Rothschild

Sep 27, 2010
armoured core
kingdom hearts
/tread

would like to see some thing done with legacy of kain but not anime not even americai wanna be anime

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Fishehh said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Fishehh said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:

You're quite welcome, have you watched any of it yet?
I only had time so far to watch one episode, very strange, but very cool