Games That Should Be Remade.

blxtnsq

Nov 12, 2009
cerebus23 said:
Dungeon Keeper
Theme Hospital
Deus Ex
Metal gear remakes for the ps3 4 would be epic.
Shadowrun RPG/MMO anything really with a modern engine and mechanics would be a game i been hoping for for the last 5 years or more.
Oh god, theme hospital was/still is the best.

Superior Mind

Feb 9, 2009
I'd like to see a current generation remake of BF1942. To me, that was the perfect multiplayer game, it had everything.
And no, Battlefield 1943 doesn't count... I mean I haven't played it, (are they ever going to bring out the PC version?) but it looks like its got too much Call of Duty mixed in with it.

So yeah, if DICE ditched the BF1943 experimentation and actually just remade what they have done before so well I'd be pretty chuffed.

MiserableOldGit

Apr 1, 2009
Body harvest. Looked like it was drawn on the back of a fag packet, but featured 52 different vehicles from motorbikes to WW2 bombers, big, open, varied maps, and bad guys ranging from little jelly blobs that went in houses and nicked the hapless civvies within, to big rocket launcher toting monsters that knock down buildings for kicks. Bound by the technology of its time, this game deserves a revisit (and perhaps some new clothes for the protagonist)..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnocQS1maqg

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Truehare said:
meowchef said:
Half Life in the Source Engine.
As you wish [http://www.blackmesasource.com/]

(EDIT: Somehow I knew I would be ninja'd...)
chozo_hybrid said:
I've said it once, and I'll say it again, the Legacy of Kain series!

Update the game play, remove some of the bugs but for gods sake leave the story alone and you'd have an awesome remade series.
I hope for the love of Eris no one ever does that, at least not with the first Blood Omen. That game is just perfect, anything they change in it will be a downgrade. I'll stay with the original, thank you.

But a remake of Soul Reaver with today's graphics and a few (VERY few) gameplay tweaks... It would be a perfect excuse to replay SR for the umpteenth time.
As much as I love it, the game is far from perfect, besides, even if it was just a visual upgrade etc that would be nice.

Gincairn

Jan 14, 2010
I'd like to see a few of the older PC titles remade and tweaked

Day of the tentacle
The 7th Guest
Rocket Ranger (although that was pretty much done (badly) with Dark Void)
Theme Hospital
and I have to agree with the Legacy of Kain series even just a wash over with a graphics flannel would be good enough.

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
Medievil 1 and 2. Loved those games. Just those, and a whole host of other PS1 games, I freakin loved them. These should include:

Destruction Derby 2 with added destruction physics.
Excalibur 2555 AD with weapon ugprade options.
Technically ps2...but Dark Cloud, for it's sheer, sheer awesomeness, and maybe a slightly bigger game world ;)

EDIT: Thrill kill. Bleeeeh, it's too violent, it'll make children cry. Psssht.

I'll probably post more at some point?

Truehare

Nov 2, 2009
chozo_hybrid said:
Blablabla

As much as I love it, the game is far from perfect, besides, even if it was just a visual upgrade etc that would be nice.
That's exactly my point, I just love the graphics and visual effects in that game. If they remade it, the first thing to change would be the graphics (they would probably be "3D-fied"). And that has all the probability of being a change for the worst. Of course, it's all a matter of opinion, but I still consider Blood Omen 1 to be an untouchable game, in great part for its graphical style.

On the other hand, if they totally remade Blood Omen 2, or at least adapted its controls better for the PC version, maybe I would be able to finish it... The same goes for Defiance.

EDIT:
KaiRai said:
Thrill kill. Bleeeeh, it's too violent, it'll make children cry. Psssht.
Thrill Kill! How didn't I think of that? That game is begging, not for a remake, but for a complete first make!

Composer

Aug 3, 2009
megaman legends
but with better graphics and a camera that isnt complete crud
and better jumping system

also 1000th post!!

Marowit

Nov 7, 2006
Perfect dark. I really enjoyed that game, and the multiplayer is near mythical for my brother, my friends, and me.

Cody211282

Apr 25, 2009
lukemdizzle said:
Tripodicus said:
Skullkid4187 said:
How about a thread called "games that shouldn't be remade"
There Is, Search 'Halo'
thats so funny because I was just about to say halo but AIm obviously an inferior person for being a halo fan. seriously Im getting sick of all this smug superiority complex bull. nobody wants these arguments but you have to go start them.
Oh don't worry it gets worse if you say you can't see what all the hype is about Half-Life 2 because god forbid you like one FPS and not the other!

OT:Legend of Dragoon and Bahamut Lagoon would be awesome to see remade!

HellsingerAngel

Jul 6, 2008
Does anyone just not look on their Xbox Arcade/PSN/DS Games Shelf for games these days? I swear that about 3/4ths of the games mentioned here have either had a recent sequel/sequels that use enough of the original concept (I saw TIE on there and instantly thought "play Rogue Squadron!"), a re-make for the DS -OR- a remake for the Xbox Arcade/PSN with some HD tweeks. Seriously people!

As for games I think need to be re-done for nostalgia as an Xbox Arcade/PSN game or re-vamped for a new franchise run?

Battletoads
Killer Instinct
Blackthorne
Torchlight (though not old, it needs a sequel/successor franchise)
Spy vs. Spy
Maximum Carnage (Does MUA count? If so, more MUA! If not, another 2D scroller!)
Power Stone (Needs a sequel/remake for PSN, not just a PSP port)
Guardian Heroes (I never even knew there was a GBA remake until yesterday)
Legend of Dragoon

FolkLikePanda

Apr 15, 2009
Grand Theft Auto London, but set it in something like 1966. I would love to play a 3D GTA London, with red telephone boxes and cockneys and the sort etc.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
SyphonX said:
a complete Action game with "stealth elements"
Someone only played it on easy difficulty. Try running around gung-ho on the hardest setting and you will die. I give a 99% garuntee that anyone who says otherwise is a liar and most likely listens to Yahtzee as if he were the second coming. MGS4 is a stealth game with action elements. Personally I prefered it because if you're utterly boned there is a hope of escape via firepower, whereas in previous games shooting was wooden and limited.

Now, I would love to see an old PC game I had called 4x4 Evolution, which (if you hadn't guessed) was an offroad racer where you could upgrade your 4x4 extensively and had a massive selection of real cars to pick from.