Games that you find more fun when your cheating.

themilo504

May 9, 2010
In the elder scroll games and fallout 3\new vegas using console commands to give yourself infinite carry weight and shopkeepers infinite money makes the game a lot more fun as you don?t have to go looking for a shopkeeper with any money left every time you clear a dungeon.

I also tend to save scum in stealth games, I?m not very good in sneaking but i am good in running away, which often results in me spending the majority of my playtime hiding unless i reload.

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
Morrowinds? Health cheat. That's what makes that game playable for me. Yeah it's cheating but...come on its Morrowind. I want to be able to enjoy that game instead of constantly being frustrated with it.(god that combat..)

And every Grand Theft Auto that allowed cheating, specifically Vice City.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Grand Theft Auto games are a given.

Other than that, I'll agree with New Vegas. Except instead of Console Commands, I've got a seriously awesome glitch I use on my PS3 that gives me infinite experience, infinite ammo, infinite caps, and double perks, right from leaving Goodsprings for the first time. It's kinda fun to run through the game as an unstoppable killing machine.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Does playing the fire deck in Magic 2014 count? Literally got 3 Lava Axes in my starting hand so I whacked the poor bastard to death with them. Players have 20HP, each Lava Axe takes off 5. My only creatures were a Pilgrim's Eye and some shitbird 2/1...

Proper offensive/defensive creature control? Who needs that?! Direct damage cards OP, nerf pls.

I don't really use cheats in general, I would use the Just Cause 2 invincibility cheat (probably has one) because I always fucking die and the tint the screen goes when you're taking damage is insufferable. Literally was the only reason I left the game. That and the really wank story.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Free roaming games like GTA are the most obvious answer. When you have a sandbox to play in, you benefit from being in complete control over the sandbox.

KarmaTheAlligator

Mar 2, 2011
I enjoy cheating in games where the higher difficulty combined with bugs make the game very frustrating. AI got a seriously unfair advantage? Well, so do I.

Is save scumming really thought of as cheating?

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
Planescape Torment I like the setting, characters and story but the gameplay holy hell its crap it is so much more fun when you just bypass it altogether by maxing out everyones stats.

80sboy

May 23, 2013
Leemaster777 said:
Grand Theft Auto games are a given.
This was the first games that came to mind...you just want to reek havoc, and the more weapons you cheat code, the better.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
I was this way for quite some time when I first started playing Morrowind on the Xbox.
I mean a long time. When I initially tried the game I could just never get the hang of it, so I used the replenish codes.
After probably around a year of that, it finally started to get boring and I had learned the game enough that I felt I didn't need them. Shortly after that I stopped using trainers for the same reason.

Soviet/Nuclear Strike fall in this category too. It was just a blast(no pun intended) to punch in THEBIGBOYS in Soviet and lay waste to anything with infinite fuel drop pods aka my own portable infinite mini nuke.

GTA 3 and VC were both mandatory code games for me too, and still are.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Any sandbox game is immediately made better with cheats. Just try and tell me flying around Los Santos on a jetpack dressed as a gimp isn't the pinnacle of gaming.

Xukog

May 21, 2011
Dark Souls

....Just kidding,pretty much any sandbox game can be more fun for a while with cheats.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Eh. I feel like sandbox games need their limits in order to have fun. A gaming memory that begins "I accidentally stole an armored van, ditched in the lake, hid in a hat store for four minutes on low health, and stole a helicopter as a getaway and got some health" is a lot more fondly remembered than "I meleed a police car to explosion and shot everyone after that".

Saints Row the Third, for example, gets horribly boring when you level up all your resistances and abilities. No damage from bullets, no damage from vehicles, never reload, infinite ammo, no damage or ragdoll from explosives... nothing can kill you except destroying a vehicle you're driving. It's just so boring. Standing in the middle of a road and constantly firing the default pistols -- because when upgraded they quickly shoot explosive ammo that kills freaking everything at perfect accuracy -- that shit is boring. Having high speed chases where your coop buddy desperately weaves around police cars while you shoot your last RPG shot to knock off an armored van -- that shit is fun and memorable.

So, nothing really is fun with cheats for me. I'd just play on Easy mode and get the experience I want.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
Xukog said:
Dark Souls

....Just kidding,pretty much any sandbox game can be more fun for a while with cheats.
This isn't cheating, more like trolling, but in Dark Souls PC's case this is harmless fun compared to the hackers inhabiting GFWL.

OT:
Skyrim, infinite health, Goku mod. Fear the Saiyan race Whiterun!
And of course GTA San Andreas Flying Tanks in a Clown Suit GOTY edition.
Special mention to Saints Row 2 for having kicks that send people to heaven literally and metaphorically.

Mr Dizazta

Mar 23, 2011
The Sims with its infinite money cheat and move anything cheat. God I love being a dickish god in that game.

mavkiel

Apr 28, 2008
First person shooters. I like the atmosphere in say the Doom/fear1 games, but didn't want to constantly reload because of some bs mechanic spawned a critter behind me. Doom 3 being the easiest example, take your time, clear every room as you work your way forward... then a swarm of critters spawn behind you.

C4tt4nn4

Oct 26, 2012
Mr Dizazta said:
The Sims with its infinite money cheat and move anything cheat. God I love being a dickish god in that game.
To be honest, I use that cheat to live out my dream of being a luxury interior designer. lame, I know.

OT: I'm quite fond of using godmode in skyrim. It allows me to tour the local area (by jumping down mountains)

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
If I'm playing a game for the story I tend to just cheat certain gameplay elements.

If there's a game that punishes me for failure by making me replay a very long area again and again due to bad checkpoints I'll just cheat my way through it. I get no fun from routinely doing the same thing over and over again.