Games that you find more fun when your cheating.

almightysheep

Jan 29, 2013
Adam Jensen said:
Free roaming games like GTA are the most obvious answer. When you have a sandbox to play in, you benefit from being in complete control over the sandbox.
I second this, as it is quite fun flying around in cars and rotor-less helicopters while shooting your automatic RPG and everyone below.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Xcell935 said:
This isn't cheating, more like trolling, but in Dark Souls PC's case this is harmless fun compared to the hackers inhabiting GFWL.

Oh no you didn't...!

You look up thelegendaryp right now if you haven't already. It will not be a waste of your time.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
MeChaNiZ3D said:
Xcell935 said:
This isn't cheating, more like trolling, but in Dark Souls PC's case this is harmless fun compared to the hackers inhabiting GFWL.

Oh no you didn't...!

You look up thelegendaryp right now if you haven't already. It will not be a waste of your time.
I know of LegendaryP, creator of WALLace.

RIP in recess pieces WALLace ;_;7

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
The Wykydtron said:
Does playing the fire deck in Magic 2014 count? Literally got 3 Lava Axes in my starting hand so I whacked the poor bastard to death with them. Players have 20HP, each Lava Axe takes off 5. My only creatures were a Pilgrim's Eye and some shitbird 2/1...

Proper offensive/defensive creature control? Who needs that?! Direct damage cards OP, nerf pls.
My favorite Magic play I've ever made involved a [mtg_card=Lava Axe], a [mtg_card=Fire Servant], a [mtg_card=Reverberate] and [mtg_card=Gisela, Blade of Goldnight] in a commander game, a 40 damage one hit KO later it felt like I was cheating.

Ot: I'd have to say the Tony Hawks games.
While never really used or agreed with many cheats in games other than GTA and this, you have to ask yourself "what isn't cool about those massive combos you can pull of thanks to 'em?" and the answer is nothing.
Nothing at all.

BoogieManFL

Apr 14, 2008
Mount and Blade: Warband - money comes in way too slow, even when you're King of half the continent. The Sims.. Sucks not having enough money and control in real life, why simulate that in a game?

I do a little bit in Dwarf Fortress with embark points and limited stat cheats for my initial embark team.. But that game can be very hard and it's easy to lose, but it's one of the few games where getting owned is still entertaining.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
GTA games obviously. The Sims was only interesting with cheats so I could build awesome shit.

Also, don't tell anyone this, but it's nice having console commands for when New Vegas bugs out on me and a quest item clips through the floor for example.

Atreyu113

Jun 24, 2013
GTA is a given,as for a different one I wouldn't call it "cheating" more like "playing like a dick" in first person shooters. This includes what are normally considered cheap weapons or noob toob spamming, hopping in a helicopter and camping their spawn. Again not necessarily cheating but sometimes playing like a total dick is more fun than the normal game, especially if it is for revenge on the other team for doing it first.

Raine_sage

Sep 13, 2011
The invincibility cheat in Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2, there was one section in the game I literally could not get past no matter how hard I tried without that cheat. You have to flee a dungeon filling with poison gas, while hacking down zombies. Trying to kill all the zombies meant I died from the poison, but just running past them meant I got swamped with the undead sooner or later.

The cheat was the only thing that made the level playable for me but who knows I probably just sucked at the game.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
Chester Rabbit said:
Morrowinds? Health cheat. That's what makes that game playable for me. Yeah it's cheating but...come on its Morrowind. I want to be able to enjoy that game instead of constantly being frustrated with it.(god that combat..)

And every Grand Theft Auto that allowed cheating, specifically Vice City.
Really I don't know why you would bother. Give me a half an hour in that game and I can make a potion that will do the same thing that weighs less then a pen. Seriously people call alchemy broken in Skyrim? Compared to Marrowind it was nothing.

cthulhuspawn82

Oct 16, 2011
In the "Total War" games and Crusader Kings 2 I always use the cheat to remove the fog of war. There is so many interesting things going on in the world and I want to be able to see all of it.

SeventhSigil

Jun 24, 2013
Superman Returns. Crap, crap game, but the worst part is that the lifebar you go on is actually the city's, so although Superman is literally indestructible, if the surrounding city gets hit too much (which would be okay if it had decent damage or destruction physics, which it doesn't,) then you lose. By turning on invincibility, not only do you not have to worry about redoing a terrible, terrible battle sequence because Metropolis got boo-booed too badly, but it also gives you free license to be a jerk and use your superbreath to clear an entire freeway of cars.

QuantumT

Nov 17, 2009
I'm just going to throw out what in my opinion is the original game for being more fun while cheating, Contra.
Oh ^^vvAB, without you I never would have even gotten close to the end.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
Let's see, I use cheats in Mount and Blade, Total War games, Civ games(world editting for insane resources), Final Fantasy games via finding some infinite experience glitch and using it until I'm fairly certain my grinding will be to a minimum, Fallout and Elder Scrolls games though mostly for quality of life kinds of stuff, and I'm sure there are others.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
TheYellowCellPhone said:
Eh. I feel like sandbox games need their limits in order to have fun. A gaming memory that begins "I accidentally stole an armored van, ditched in the lake, hid in a hat store for four minutes on low health, and stole a helicopter as a getaway and got some health" is a lot more fondly remembered than "I meleed a police car to explosion and shot everyone after that".

Saints Row the Third, for example, gets horribly boring when you level up all your resistances and abilities. No damage from bullets, no damage from vehicles, never reload, infinite ammo, no damage or ragdoll from explosives... nothing can kill you except destroying a vehicle you're driving. It's just so boring. Standing in the middle of a road and constantly firing the default pistols -- because when upgraded they quickly shoot explosive ammo that kills freaking everything at perfect accuracy -- that shit is boring. Having high speed chases where your coop buddy desperately weaves around police cars while you shoot your last RPG shot to knock off an armored van -- that shit is fun and memorable.

So, nothing really is fun with cheats for me. I'd just play on Easy mode and get the experience I want.
I didn't get into SR3, but what you just described is pretty much how I feel all games are nowadays to varying degrees. There's no challenge to overcome anymore. At least in games like GTA3, if you wanted a perk like infinite run, you had to do those fucking ambulance missions. One mistake could cost you an hour of work.

OT: Pretty much because my mini-rant above, no game feels better with cheats. Maybe back in the NES days, but the last game I cheated at was Warcraft II, and after beating it, I played it again without cheats and found I had just literally missed the whole game because of cheating.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Xcell935 said:
I know of LegendaryP, creator of WALLace.

RIP in recess pieces WALLace ;_;7
All the feels. Doesn't quite beat the Houdini episode though imo.

You have excellent taste.

lunavixen

Jan 2, 2012
The Sims and GTA are the first games that spring to mind, the former was only interesting with cheating so i could build a massive house and essentially lock my sim in. And well, I think everyone else has pointed out the fun in the GTA cheats

Raine_sage said:
The invincibility cheat in Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2, there was one section in the game I literally could not get past no matter how hard I tried without that cheat. You have to flee a dungeon filling with poison gas, while hacking down zombies. Trying to kill all the zombies meant I died from the poison, but just running past them meant I got swamped with the undead sooner or later.

The cheat was the only thing that made the level playable for me but who knows I probably just sucked at the game.
That section was easy, especially if you have an area of effect spell/attack or a decent weapon, just don't stop swinging and drink potions when you need them.

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
when my cheating what?

OT: i have more fun bypassing grindy bits when/if i can. things wherein the only price is time and the only gain's come in calculable form. i however find it harder/impossible to bypass any grindy bits that have incalculable byproducts.