Splinter Cell series
Dead Space series
Portal
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
Neverwinter Nights
MMORPGs

No, I'm not trolling.
*flame shield activated*
All these except Heroes of Might and FF, never played them, but the rest I find boring, at best.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
JRPG's in general:

Final Fantasy, I played FF 7,8 and 10. Got bored of all of em halfway through because it was so repetitive, plus the combat bored me from the start, I just stuck around because I was hoping it would get better.

I've also played a couple Dragons Quest/Warrior games, hated them after a while too. They are just SOOOOO Boring...

ohnoitsabear

Feb 15, 2011
Mass Effect. I found the interface atrocious, the story boring, and the gameplay unfun. Not to mention it has some of the worst sidequest design I have seen in any game.

Also, to a lesser extent, Minecraft. I don't hate it, it just gets boring far too quickly, and when I mod it to the point where it becomes fun, the game keeps crashing on me. It's not a bad game by any means, I just don't think it deserves it's ridiculous popularity.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
TizzytheTormentor said:
Seriously, didn't we have this same thread a week ago?
This is another one of the threads that frequently pops up again and again... and again... and again... and again... always phrased exactly the same way, too. Always using superlatives, always inciting negativity. Ugh.

Anyway. I guess since I've never been able to finish Half-Life 2, that would be my pick. I don't hardly "hate" any games though, certainly not any that most other people would love. In fact, I seem to usually be the one enjoying games that everybody else "hates".

AndrewF022

Jan 23, 2010
There is only one game that I actively hate, Final Fantasy XIII... It isn't near universally loved though.

However, I do not like Uncharted or Heavy Rain very much either, but I can at least see why people would enjoy them. Final Fantasy XIII on the other hand, I just can't see the appeal, but since they've made one sequel and another one in the pipeline there must be something the fans see in it, which is fine.

Uikri

Jul 28, 2012
Fallout 3 & New Vegas. They're so cheaply done and half-assed. I've sat and watched my brother play hours of both games, and that's kind of fun, but trying to actually play them is balls. To be clear, I find the whole premise and a lot of the content to be quite interesting, but I think the game are horribly executed piles of sludge.

Garrett said:
Half-Life series
Diablo series
Heroes of Might and Magic series
Splinter Cell series
Dead Space series
Portal
Neverwinter Nights
MMORPGs

No, I'm not trolling.
*flame shield activated*
Goodness, that's quite a few. If I may ask, what made you dislike Dead Space, Half Life, and Portal?

Terminate421 said:
Half Life 2

Seriously, there is nothing that special that people treat it as the 2nd coming of Jesus
I played it, and I thought it was pretty good, but not as good as most fans of it make it out to be. I still like Metroid, Mass Effect, Dead Space, & Halo all more.

Karoshi

Jul 9, 2012
Final Fantasy. The characters are flat, turn-based combat sucks donkey balls and while playing felt like falling asleep.

Skyrim had some good moments, but after having finished playing, all I felt was disgust towards this game.

Luca72

Dec 6, 2011
Hungry Donner said:
Limbo.

I wouldn't say it's a horrible game, but I don't understand why people are willing to pay money to play it. There are dozens of flash games in this genre which are just as good and free to play, and there just doesn't seem to be anything about Limbo that sets it apart to warrant the price tag.
HELL yes. I picked this up in the last Humble Indie Bundle and have gone back to it about four times now. I can never play it for more than 10 minutes. The art style is consistent and the atmosphere is done well (I guess), but it just seems like a road we've all been down before. It's the token Tim Burton "ironic because it's both dark and innocent at the same time" style, and I don't find it that intriguing or original. Beyond that it's just a really average platformer that occasionally has clever puzzles.

Like I said, I've gone back and tried to get into it several times, but I feel like I've seen all it has to offer. It isn't bad, but I don't understand why it got so much attention.

Garrett

Jul 12, 2012
Oh, I forgot, I don't know if Alan Wake is as well liked but I also don't like that one.

Uikri said:
Garrett said:
Half-Life series
Diablo series
Heroes of Might and Magic series
Splinter Cell series
Dead Space series
Portal
Neverwinter Nights
MMORPGs

No, I'm not trolling.
*flame shield activated*
Goodness, that's quite a few. If I may ask, what made you dislike Dead Space, Half Life, and Portal?
They suck, plain and simple.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
Uncharted. I was so hoping for an adventure game. I got barely anything other than a third person shooter.

Mario Galaxy. Just eh. It was pretty to look at but it felt like the same old thing to me.

jebara

Nov 19, 2009
Uncharted.
Was going to say Dead Space,Mass Effect and Killzone but I haven't seen any love for those franchises in a while....okay,maybe just Mass Effect.

TotallyNotABot

Jun 28, 2011
Waaghpowa said:
Huh...I guess I'll be first.

Obligatory CoD comment.
Indeed.

Also, the original Mass Effect. I want to beat it because I hear 2 is WAAAAAY better, but I absolutely hate the first one.

Gameslayer_93

Jul 17, 2009
I'm gonna have to go with Deus Ex: HR and Demon's Souls
Deus Ex, it was the bosses, i tend to play pure stealth if given the opportunity and the bisses just ruined the entire game for me
Demon's Souls just felt badly made, the combat was stiff and again, i went for a rogue-ish class and never found any use for the skill set ¬_¬

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
Rock-nerd said:
League Of Legends. God i hate that game. mostly for the community. The people i have played with on this are so negative and total assholes to anyone who isn't amazing. The worst thing about it is if you want to leave the game and not have to be with these people, you get punished for it. Ugh.

So, what about you?
all i can say is the ignore butten is your friend use it and the ammount of idiots and jackasses will slip away pretty fast. though as someone else already said find those few that arnt horrible people and friend them theyll want to play with you too:)

felbot

May 11, 2011
mass effect, how anybody could like this game is beyond me, i did manage to actually force my self tough it though.