Games that you're ashamed to admit they scare you

TheZapper

Jul 11, 2009
The giant spiders that drop down on you in Dragon Age. The only time I have ever unintentionally shouted in a game. Bit my tongue too.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
TheZapper said:
The giant spiders that drop down on you in Dragon Age. The only time I have ever unintentionally shouted in a game. Bit my tongue too.
You read my mind. The opener for Magi in the store...caves(?) scared the shit outta me.

internetzealot1

Aug 11, 2009
Sigh... Halo 3. Get a custom game of infection going, and it can get really tense. Especially now that they have visual filters.

dantheman931

Dec 25, 2008
Shivers for the PC, despite the piss-poor acting [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZGsdE2YWSQ]; the game pretty much runs on jump-scares. On the other hand, it's educational and damned satisfying when you finally do beat it.

And speaking of scary video games... [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/HighOctaneNightmareFuel/VideoGames] To all the people who have mentioned Dead Space, I couldn't agree with you more. Scroll down and read more to find out why.

Antagonist86

Reality On Hold
Nov 30, 2009
Been sort of scared by every well done horror game, Dead Space not being one of them, it's not scary it's jumpy. A truly scary game is just as scary when you turn off the sound and dead space isn't. But I suppose the definition of scary is too each it's own.

Games I'm ashamed of that scared me would be Half Life.

super_mumbles

Sep 24, 2008
Vault 87 had me on edge.
It was basically "Here's some corridoors, and heres some super mutants. Have fun"

Then there was a Oblivion quest which involved running round a series of dark halls fighting four other people for your freedom.

Oh, and Razor Fen Kraul in WoW
Party leader: "lets ring this gong"
*loads of spiders come running in followed by a giant boss spider*
Me: "!!!"

Paddin

Sep 30, 2009
Nincompoop said:
pimppeter2 said:
Oblivion

When Mudkips sneak up on me
This Lol... I'm serious. You be hearing the combat soundtrack, but you can't find your enemy. Turning around like crazy, getting paranoid and then BAM suddenly you get attacked, God that has often scared me.
This as well, I would be running along concentrating on my compass, with the music turned down so I couldnt hear the music, and suddenly I'd get hit by a mudcrab and I would very nearly **** my pants

NuclearPenguin

Oct 29, 2009
Hah? This is gonna be a .. List
Dead Space
Resident Evil 4
Borderlands DLC
Fallout 3 Metro tunnels
Morrowind/Oblivion tombs
Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines
3D Zelda Games
F.E.A.R

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
The part in RE5 with the Alligators scared the balls off of me.

Then again, I live in Florida, so everyday I hear about a Alligators eating someones face off.

Koski

Mar 31, 2009
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I am still do this day deathly afraid of the noises that the Redead make.

kelwina

Apr 14, 2009
The Ocarina of Time...first time I heard a redead and it grabbed me I flipped the power off on my N64 ._.

dwoo21

Aug 30, 2009
BIOSHOCK, the demo scared the living daylights out of me. The background noises, enemies, and darkness made me delete the demo...I may try it again once I'm ready

Paddin

Sep 30, 2009
dwoo21 said:
BIOSHOCK, the demo scared the living daylights out of me. The background noises, enemies, and darkness made me delete the demo...I may try it again once I'm ready
That game scared me endlessly, and the worst part was that I was torn between stopping because it was so damn terrifying, but I wanted to continue because the plot was really interesting..
My curiousity won out in the end, and apart from the last boss, im glad it did