Games which brought out TRUE emotion in you

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
How about humor? Today I was playing Mass Effect 2. In the Citadel, they had an add for Hamlet featuring an all Elcor cast. Laughs were had.

MostlyHarmless

Feb 8, 2010
Trying to catch the Regis in Pokemon made me cry tears of hate. Also, catching Mewtwo with only a Pokemon gave me tears of joy.

The ending of Eternal Sonata made me weep a bit. Only because of Chopin.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Mass Effect 1 filled me with awe at the epicness of the ending.

Mass Effect 2 had one major moment of sadness for me, namely the Horizon encounter with Ashley. I had seriously grown to like her in Mass Effect 1 and I was actually literally physically saddened to see her go. The email she sent later helped a bit but still....

Playing pretty much any of the Halo games fills me with this warm happy feeling that I can't describe, it's like I'm comfortable and almost at home with myself when I'm playing it.

Istanbul

Dec 24, 2010
Fear.

Resident Evil 1. You've opened the door in the mansion, and it's a little creepy. Okay, here's a room with a statue. Okay, let's keep going. Hmm, here's a hallway. An item here, neat, let's keep going and CRASH OH MY GOD ZOMBIE DOGS HAVE BUSTED THROUGH THE WINDOWS AND ARE CHASING ME AND I'VE JUST FIGURED OUT HOW TO EVEN MOVE AND I'M UNARMED AND THEY'RE GOING TO TEAR MY FACE OFF AND HERE'S THE DOOR and...phew. Pant, pant, pant...

lovest harding

Dec 6, 2009
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey and, to a lesser extent, Lost Odyssey.
Both made me cry. Dreamfall made me cry several times in a few minutes time span.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Games leave little to no impression at all on me, so I don't think I've ever felt sadness or joy while playing. Fear however was brought down upon me while playing Doom III back when it was released. I was 14 years old and had no previous zombie horror shooter experience. I didn't even know what I was getting into when I bought the game.

After the scientist became the zombie thingy I nearly shat my pants. Unloaded all my ammo on him, had low health... got attacked by another zombie and turned off the game. Tried to get my money back but the cover had been busted so I couldn't get a refund.
Have played it slightly more over the years, but I still get creeped out so I can't play for more than 15 minutes before I save and exit.
What bugs me the most is that it really isn't that scary. What you need to know is that in EVERY single room you enter at least one zombie is lurking in the shadows. Gah!

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Probably Persona 3 Fes was the only game that recently left any emotion in me. The end of the Journey is depressing, even the choice you get before that is.

<spoiler=ending from wikipedia>On December 31, New Year's Eve, the player must decide whether to kill Ryoji. If he is spared, then the game continues, and on January 31, SEES ascends to the roof of Tartarus to face Ryoji, who has transformed into the Nyx Avatar. While they are able to defeat him, Nyx continues to descend to Earth. As this is happening, the Protagonist is summoned to the Velvet Room, where Igor reminds him that the power of his Social Links would determine his potential. The Protagonist hears the voices of his friends encouraging him. The strength of his Social Links grants him the power of the "Universe", allowing him to seal away Nyx from humanity. The world returns to normal, though the memories of the past year are lost to the members of SEES. However, Aigis and the Protagonist do remember. On Graduation Day, the two go to the roof of the school, where the members of SEES had promised to meet should they stop Nyx and live to see their graduation. It is here that Aigis thanks the Protagonist for giving her a purpose in life: protecting him. Shortly afterwards, he closes his eyes, and is implied to have passed away.
If you choose to kill Ryoji, the game ends with everyone forgetting the adventures and the world and humanity is destroyed

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Quite a few. I'll spare you guys the entire list and just focus on one.

ME2: Lair of the Shadow Broker

To begin with, it had some great little moments of levity ("Truck!" "I know!") that did a good job of showing how comfortable Shepard and Liara are with each other. But it was the ending that got me. I spent pretty much the entire duration wanting to give poor Liara a giant bear hug and then right at the end... *paragon interrupt* *click*... Awww.

Whitenail

Sep 28, 2010
Red Dead Redemption, I have a thing for the Wild West and John Marsden was a really well done character. So when:

John gets shot by the same government he was working for after he managed to get his family to safety, then you play as Jack for a bit, get your revenge if you know what to do, then have this song play:

symbolizing the fact that John can rest in peace, and that the days of the wild west are truly overr, the song makes me cry.

Mercurio128

Jan 28, 2010
lovest harding said:
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey and, to a lesser extent, Lost Odyssey.
Both made me cry. Dreamfall made me cry several times in a few minutes time span.
Dreamfall, definitely.

Though what really made me cry was when I finished it, immediately went online to try and find the sequel ( I came to this game, and TLJ, only a year ago without any idea what it was) only to find out that it's in permanent development limbo.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

RicoGrey

Oct 27, 2009
Kane and Lynch: Dead Men(the first k&l)

I don't know how to do that spoiler thing so I simply wont include any...

...but it made me feel for Kane so much cause he was trying so hard, and I mean HARD. Poor guy could not catch a single break the whole game, and each mission just made his situation bleaker and bleaker and bleaker. The guy, Kane, was stronger than me, I would have given up long before the ending.

ayuri

Sep 11, 2009
I was playing AC:B last night and i ended up in a group with some crazy good players at like 3 a.m. and I kept on getting 8Th or 7th but I kept on hitting replay. about 4 matches in I freak out and say I have to get in the top 4 at least I eventually did and learned my lesson about a game that makes me angry when I am tired.

EvolaVirus3

Sep 22, 2010
Only two times I can think of when I actually felt sadness. The end of HL2 E2 when
the guy got killed by the freaky flying pod monster thing. And then actually in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood during the last Christina mission. Only two times I was ever moved a bit by compassion. More in HL2 E2 though because of the character attachment.

Impluse_101

Jun 25, 2009
mazzjammin22 said:
How about humor? Today I was playing Mass Effect 2. In the Citadel, they had an add for Hamlet featuring an all Elcor cast. Laughs were had.

*jaw drop* ...........

The following response cannot be described by anything else but....

Rage.

icame

Aug 4, 2010
The end of Metal gear solid 4 really got to me..

For some reason I was also deeply affected by shadow of the colossus quite a lot. I can't describe what I felt but I do know it was a wonderful feeling.

Also the twist in Kotor really made me sit back and think about all the things my character had done. It made me feel quite sad.

LogicNProportion

Mar 16, 2009
And Metal Gear Solid game will do this to me, especially Metal Gear Solid 3's ending.

I've saluted my TV screen so many times...

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
Impluse_101 said:
mazzjammin22 said:

*jaw drop* ...........

The following response cannot be described by anything else but....

Rage.
It's so bad, it's hilarious. It's the Snakes on a Plane of the Mass Effect universe. AND it's 14 hours long. Yes, 14 hours.

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
The Silent Hill series (particularly 2), Pathologic and The Void always fill me emotions. Now I cannot really describe them (alexithymia, google it), but I feel something while playing them, something that makes me consider these games special...