Games which brought out TRUE emotion in you

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
Last time I played Dragon Age Origins through, Alistair ended up leaving my party towards the end because of a decision I made. I never really liked him, but I still felt like a douche for betraying his trust and hurting him so badly. You know a moment is powerful when you sympathize with a character you don't really like.

SouthpawFencer

Jul 5, 2010
Dragon Age: Origins:
When I chose to execute Loghain, his final goodbye to his daughter ("Daughters never grow up, Anora. They remain six years old with pig tails and skinned knees forever.") made me feel regret for his death

Mass Effect 2:
During the suicide mission, I felt very tense and fearful during the cutscenes, wondering if I'd made the correct decisions and assigned the right people to the right roles as I helplessly watched the scene unfold with the knowledge that, if one of my teammates died before my eyes, it was because I'd failed them. This was probably the best use of cinematic cutscenes in any game I've played (admittedly, I'm not a big RPG player).

ironsaber2

Dec 28, 2010
fear:
left 4 dead( only cuz of the witches and even then only cuz im not expecting it)
Laughter:
bad company 1&2
sadness:
halo reach & halo 3 ending
frustration& anger:
call of duty( too many cunts and game sucks in general)
Medal of honor (i was like i really just spent 80 bucks on this shit)
excitement:
halo reach
bad company 1&2
medal of honor campaign (as much as the multi player sucked really good campaign)
disappointment:
call of duty series
medal of honour
halo wars( the fact that it was not on pc sucked)
odst length
hawx 2 (campaign was not nearly as challenging or fun as hawx 1 just put 1 hard part and screwed me out of 50 bucks)
amazement:
halo series( mainly campaign after revolutionizing multilayer as much as it did nothing is amazing from halo anymore sorry bungie i still love you though)

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
There was one scene in Penumbra: Black Plague that pissed me off so much but at the same time made me feel very sad.

You about to cure yourself of the infection (it manifests itself as a voice inside your head named Clarence), and meet with someone who is possibly the only person alive in the entire facility. You walk into the office and get locked in a storage room. Out of nowhere, a monster bursts out of a room and starts attacking you. This is the only part of the entire game where you can even attempt to fight back against a monster, and you have to crush it with a box. Turns out, Clarence was making you hallucinate again, so that you wouldn't be able to kill him, and the monster was really the doctor trying to cure you. Needless to say, I was pissed off, and it was a bit of a punch in the gut, unknowingly killing off the only person who could possibly help you. That definitely motivated me to make sure to destroy Clarence.

Twuk

Dec 18, 2010
Metal Gear for me as well. All of them have effected me differently, but the ending of 4 damn near made me cry. Maybe it was the fact that I became rather close to Solid Snake over the years, it just hit me pretty hard the first time, and every time for that matter.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
TheDeadSquirrel said:
Mass Effect, just the awe in how the game ends, I felt like i was actually part of it.
I agree, that part where you have to make a choice at the end whether to step in and attack or wait for the fleet was a moment that made me feel more involved and the ending was an emotional high as well :)

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
ciortas1 said:
Rednog said:
Consider everything past Frozen Throne non-canon. You'll start feeling better about the Warcraft universe instantaneously.
It's their lore, I'm pretty sure they can do whatever they want with it. If it displeases you, one can always go back and replay the old Warcraft games.

It really isn't that big of a deal.

Hardzero

Nov 14, 2010
i was scared when i palyed Amniesa:The Dark Decent. other than that i don't think any did.

LittleChone

May 17, 2010
One Chance.

I managed to get the good ending. And GOOD HEAVEN'S was I in an emotional typhon when I got it!

[.redacted]

Jan 24, 2010
Games (excluding the people who play them, and excluding hatred) have never brought out emotion in me, and likely never will.

Likewise, very few films (although quite a few books - I pick good ones) have achieved this either.

It's more that I tend to become fixated on the ones that do, and repetition and concentration of sed emotion provides the quantity.

[sub]Teresaaaaaaa!!!11!1!eleven![/sub]

curtmina

Jun 7, 2010
Woodsey said:
I may have cried a little at the ending of Sands of Time.

MAY.
I also MAY have cried at the end of sands of time, such a good game.
Kingdom Hearts
Lufia: the legend returns
Bioshock
Pokemon Hard Mode

Chronarch

Oct 31, 2009
Most games have bring out the "TRUE" emotion of anger at some point when I play them. For example, the golf ball-like galaxies in Super Mario Galaxy. Even Pokemon has angered me with unfair critical hits.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
Anger and frustration (all towards myself) in every FPS game I have played online (which is 4).

Arisato-kun

Apr 22, 2009
I cried at the end of Persona 3. The events of the ending combined with the fantastic song Kimi no Kioku really got to me, partially because I knew the translation beforehand.

My name is Fiction

Sep 27, 2010
IBlackKiteI said:
Huh, will have to check out that One Chance game.

As for emotion in games?
Fear:
Creep little girl in a red dress...shudder...

Nighttime...

The whole damn game.

Sadness:
The kids get taken from the lighthouse while that really sad music plays in the background.

After Eli is killed.

Anger:
Playing any Pacific campaign level on veteran.

Multiplayer match with sucky teammates...happens all the damn time.
Whats the point of a team focused game if everyones an asshole?

Multiplayer matches in general, even when your winning. Something about that game just pisses me off.
Nice picks, surprised Silent Hill wasn't in the fear category it at a whole different level compared to FEAR or STALKER.
Oh and can you teach me how to do spoilers, would be useful for me.

TheDarklite

Nov 26, 2010
I felt genuinely afraid playing Dead Space...

And some games in the Final Fantasy series certainly spark some emotions. VIII was the first one I played and beyond nostalgia I do get saddened by some of the scenes and actions that occur. XIII also had a very well written story (gameplay was meh, but story was good) - There were a few points that stirred me.

More recently, Mass Effect 2 really drew me in, particularly the ending sequences. Can't say I'm sure exactly what emotion it was stirring, but stir it did lol.

IBlackKiteI

Mar 12, 2010
My name is Fiction said:
Nice picks, surprised Silent Hill wasn't in the fear category it at a whole different level compared to FEAR or STALKER.
Oh and can you teach me how to do spoilers, would be useful for me.
Thanks, haven't actually played Silent Hill other than a couple of SH2 levels, and they were damn creepy.

As for spoiler boxes you go

['spoiler']
*text here*
['/spoiler']

Thats for the default spoiler box which says 'Spoiler: Click to View'.
Or if you want a heading you use

['spoiler= *heading here*']
*text here*
['/spoiler]

Remember to do it without the quotes and bingo.