Games With TOO Much Content?

kingthrall

May 31, 2011
Train simulator for sure. I think this would be one of the most spectacular game simulators ever made if it didnt have a hundred thousand seperate dlc content.
i love this video really gets you in the moment, just a shame im appealed by its dlc.

Bonk4licious

Jul 5, 2013
I feel GTA4 was the definition of. I forgive it now, because GTA5 was awesome and it clearly had a lot of influence and path-making, but honestly I didn't like GTA4 much because it had too many sub-par minigames they forced on you just because they put time into making it on the side, like bowling and a lot of the dating side-stuff, and the fact that the main mechanics like driving and shooting weren't strong on PC or console (choppers were damn-near impossible on a keyboard). They just had a lot of boring stuff laying around, and it wasn't until Gay Tony for me that I felt they really did anything with any of it.

selfty

Oct 10, 2013
Alot of games are guilty of this most notably Skyrim and Fallout 3/New Vegas for me. I spent hundreds of hours exploring what Skyrim had to offer then eventually decided I had just had enough and rushed through what I had left of the main story which kind of ruined the experience.

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
Dark Cloud 2, I could never beat it due to all the camera pictures and research and fishing the game expects you to do. Simply lost interest by feeling overwhelmed. Any game that forces a fishing mini game on you should be shot.

Pixelspeech

Sep 30, 2013
FrozenLaughs said:
Final Fantasy Eleven.

It would take me hours to explain to anyone why, but if you played it, you know.
I gave up on every single Final Fantasy since FF7. I tend to play them for some hours, realize that 20 hours in the crew still doesn't have the slightest idea as to what to do and then lose interest.

FrozenLaughs

Sep 9, 2013
Pixelspeech said:
FrozenLaughs said:
Final Fantasy Eleven.

It would take me hours to explain to anyone why, but if you played it, you know.
I gave up on every single Final Fantasy since FF7. I tend to play them for some hours, realize that 20 hours in the crew still doesn't have the slightest idea as to what to do and then lose interest.
Eleven was their first MMO. It was brutally long, demanding, and overwhelming in every single aspect of the game. JRPG-MMO, and not how 14 is now all westernized with WoW and GW flavoring.

Pixelspeech

Sep 30, 2013
FrozenLaughs said:
Pixelspeech said:
FrozenLaughs said:
Final Fantasy Eleven.

Eleven was their first MMO. It was brutally long, demanding, and overwhelming in every single aspect of the game. JRPG-MMO, and not how 14 is now all westernized with WoW and GW flavoring.
Oh dear, the thought alone scares me. How has the human race survived this?

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
I've never come across one. The problem I have with games with large amounts of content isn't volume, it's repetition. Take Skyrim's Draugr crypts. Gets old after about 5.

xshadowscreamx

Dec 21, 2011
Kingdoms of Amalur:Reckoning was that game for me, so much to do,but it did not make me care about what I'm doing.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
quickmelt said:
Tanis said:
I know most folks like to complain that there's not ENOUGH stuff to do in a game, but what about the flip-side of that?

Games with way TOO much stuff to do?
Only on the escapist would this be argued.
Some of us don't have years to dedicate to a game.
There's also the issue of padding something out.

I think Skyrim would have been a HELL of a lot better if the 'fetch quests' weren't so damn similar, and only there for the EXP boost.