Games you actually found boring

NoNameMcgee

Feb 24, 2009
Sorry to say it but, Okami. I dont dislike the game, I can see why people love it, I think subjectively theres just no appeal in it for me. Kept trying to get into it, In fact I played about 10 hours before I decided it really wasnt for me.

Also Minecraft. I stopped being interested in Lego when I was 8.

Plenty more, but nothing interesting to say about them. Most RPGs for one thing, except those with gameplay thats actually, you know, fun. and every MMO I've ever tried.

metal eslaved

Sep 9, 2010
S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of chernobyl when i first play that game i wanted to shoot myself of how boring it is, don't misundestand me, im pretty sure is a good game, i just find that game boring.

funny thing is that i like fallout 3.

Vivec93

May 18, 2011
Dynasty Warriors 5 was probably the most boring game out of the series for me. I love the series, but it was like pulling teeth just to complete the stories of my favorite characters.

Borderlands was another game that I felt was pretty boring. The only reason I played for a while was just to hang out with my brother.

Kingdom under fire Circle of Doom was probably the most boring game I have ever played in my life.

Amondren

Oct 15, 2009
Red Faction guerrilla. I sat their thinking "Is this fun because? Tt sure doesn't feel like it...why isn't this fun on paper it sounds fun but its really not." Needless to say the extent of my fun was smashing some buildings and bits of shiny things sticking out of the ground maybe they were crystals don't remember to boring.

The Pinray

Jul 21, 2011
The Witcher, Oblivion, all Zelda games other than Twilight Princess (Yes, even Ocarina), Disgea 2, Assassin's Creed 2, Blops (Campaign), and L.A. Noire off the top of my head.

I just don't see how people laud Oblivion as this pillar of RPGs. It's just so... dull to me. I gave it so many chances, but give me Fallout any day over it.

Same thing with Zelda. Though, let's be honest here, most like it for nostalgia's sake only. I never jumped on that train, which is why Twilight Princess is SO much better than Ocarina to me. Honestly, Ocarina was just terrible for me. I truly tried so hard to like it. But without the nostalgia goggles on, it was crap. But, different strokes for different folks. To each their own. etc, etc.

Also, Assassin's Creed 2 was just silly to me.

Subwayeatn

Jan 28, 2011
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, I didn't find anything particularly new or fun. Just running through a linear path spamming the hit button. The graphics (not aesthetics) seemed very unclean to me. Maybe because of my tv, but whatever the reason, i found it ugly looking.

svenjl

Mar 16, 2011
Far Cry 2 - got ultra repetitive. I actually liked the game, but couldn't take more than about 10 hours.
Bayonetta - great concept, visual style was cool but beyond those things the button mashing was bleh.
Oblivion - I loved Fallout 3 but Oblivion was just bland to me, and the Oblivion gates were fricking tortuous. I wanted to savour it, but it dragged on and on and on...yawn.

getoffmycloud

Jun 13, 2011
For me it had to be GTA4 for simply having the most boring cast of characters I have ever seen. apart from Brucie of course

Hawk eye1466

May 31, 2010
Dark Void it was so boring I just couldn't force myself to continue.

Also Mass Effect I'm sorry I tried playing that dammed game 3 seperate times! And each time I got bored at different parts and just stopped and when my friends played 2 in front of me it looked just as boring to me.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
the witcher. i gave up about halfway. i mean seriously, the combat is just so simple and the story never really grabbed me either. Im sure some people really enjoyed the story but for me gameplay comes first. Since its a game and all.

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
Portal and Half Life, never got into them at all. I didn't enjoy a minute of either game. Oblivion as well. Morrowind was just so much better. Oblivions landscape was dull, terrible character models, less weapons choices then morrowind, scaling enemies, copy paste dungeons and caves. Also everyone sounded the same!

A Free Man

May 9, 2010
All of the civilization games. I had heard such great things about them, but as soon as I tried one I couldn't play for more than a couple hours, was just so mind numbingly boring. Tried it again later when a newer one came out, hated that one as well..

Serenity Fallen

Aug 17, 2011
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness. I'm not exactly sure why I kept playing, to be honest. It basically consisted of:

a) spamming the attack button

b) endless grinding in the hope of creating a new kind of demon or item.

All in all, pretty forgettable.

Fenn

Jan 13, 2010
All of the Final Fantasies, all of the AC games, every single madden title, and Tom Clancey's H.A.W.X. 2 which I accidentally purchased off steam when getting BC2.

Mount

Jul 7, 2011
Final Fantasy XIII -- it takes roughly 16 HOURS of "gameplay" to get out of the "tutorial" section. And by "gameplay" I mean, you control the characters for two minutes, then sit through 15 minutes of excruciatingly horrible cutscenes.

and Rogue Warrior. I rented it expecting a moderately playable stealth/FPS thing. I GOT a piece of c**p so awful that I turned it off after 20 minutes of play time, and took it back to Blockbuster the same night that I rented it. I'm definitely not a prude about language, but when the main character starts dropping two and three F-Bombs in EVERY SENTENCE? It was as charming and engaging as playing with a stupid 11-year-old in TF2. (no offense to the SMART 11-year-olds out there.)

Creator002

Aug 30, 2010
Matthew94 said:
Heavy Rain, most fucking boring game of all time.
:eek: Blasphemy!
Time for some blasphemy of my own.

Dragon Age: Origins. I just started falling asleep after the first 6 hours.

RuralGamer

Jan 1, 2011
Dragon Age Origins; it was ok up till the final part and I just couldn't do the final mission because it was so tediously repetitive; kill darkspawn, kill more darkspawn, kill even more darkspawn; I'm amazed I even managed to do the deeproads. I enjoyed the earlier parts of it, but as it progressed, it just became a slog to get through battles and I kinda lost interest. I'm all for playing tactically, but when a boss has more health than you and all you allies put together (including the ones back at camp), I think its gone too far, especially when it will take at least ten minutes to kill him.