Games you can't remember, but still miss - describe them.

wost100

Nov 23, 2010
hey there...i remember this game i first played it when i was like 3...now im 13 so at the game screen beginning it was a guy like a ghost-predator(predator from avp) and in game i just remember that you have first to shoot some alien bats then to go teleport to another level...the game was screen-scrooling if u know what i mean...thanks for help:D

TiefBlau

Apr 16, 2009
Spydercake said:
Alright, take a crack at this :D
Mine is an old batman game for one of the sega consoles
THe final boss was Joker in this space ship like thing with four turrets, and had two stages where you had to fight it.

Been bugging me for years.
Through years of intensive Batman research, I have come upon this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtffkZcpa6I
Batman: Revenge of the Joker for the Sega Genesis. Watch 1:00 on.
CarpathianMuffin said:
I thought I didn't have any, since my memory's usually sharp enough to remember whatever games I've played. But there is one. Small game, but I remember playing one where you got to catch apples in a basket thrown by a porcupine, but you had to dodge rocks. Surprisingly hard.
I searched "hedgehog" and waded through all the Sonic games and found this:
http://www.giantbomb.com/peters-quest-for-the-love-of-daphne/61-29042/

HandfulofWolf

Jan 27, 2010
There was this old game and it was a diagonally top down tactical turn based shooter with a futuristic SWAT theme and basically cartoon graphics. I loved that game but can't remember for the life of me what it was called.

Edit-

It was on PC.

HandfulofWolf

Jan 27, 2010
Citrus Insanity said:
I remember this game where you were a guy with pink hair and you ran around on ropes, and I think there were pigs involved somehow. The name is on the tip of my tongue but it just won't come to me.

TOMBI!!!!

chazweber

Oct 18, 2010
Game for Sega, Camera angle was overhead like command and conquer red alert. You overlooked towns and helped them win battles, with an angel who had special powers as well as talking you through the missions.... and that is all i can horribly remember

HandfulofWolf

Jan 27, 2010
CINN4M0N said:
It was on the N64, and you drive around cars and pretty much just have a big car deathmatch. You'd pick up loads of sweet guns and fire them around, and I think the music was really catchy too. There was a campaign, though I don't remember that too well. Just blow stuff up and try and collect tapes of briefcases or something?
It's not Twisted Metal is it?

Spydercake

Oct 29, 2010
Unfortunetly, neither of those two batman games were it. :|

Okay, a little bit more info i can remember though.

Joker came in from the right side of the screen, and nearly took up half of it.
The battle was on the ground, taking place on a street.

skull1000

Dec 5, 2010
Hey everyone, i am freshly new here to Escapist. i found this exact forum through google. and i just HAD to ask for a game.
i searched for the tomba/tombi one and thats how i found this thread :p

This other one is tricky..

Someone who worked for my dad use to get playstation subscriptions that came with demo CDs. and when he was done with them he gave them to us.

This one spacific demo, was compleetly in japanese. couldnt understand a word of the subtitles or what they were saying.

i was in this city that looks like it was attacked or something and some guards i think were walkin around. I hidbehind this wall and the subtitles showed the circle button and r1..or something liek that so i pressed it and there was this little red thing that poped up and i pointed it on this section of building inthe way of the street. kinda looked like a train.
and when i hot r1 after a moment the whole thing exploded and i was able to hop over it.

now some of this may be some guesses im not full sure. but what i remember the most was how the demo ended. we came to this more open area with a big building. my guy stands in the open area and these 2 helicopters came from over teh building and started trying to kill me, not with guns though i dont remember how it attacked.. just by trying to hit me with the propeller i think. and i had to kill both the helicopters, and then after that the demo ended.

:/ any idea?

MaG iiC 3E

Dec 5, 2010
It was this old Gameboy game I think. It was an RPG, with a standard party of 4. The thing was that, when some of the enemy monsters were defeated, they would drop something that would transform the character that used it. For example, defeating a robot would make it drop a robot chip, and the character that used it would kind of turn into a robot.

I saw this thing years upon years ago. I wish I could say more, but I can't.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
It's this RTS that came out around the same time as Omicron and Soul Reaver. It was about a postapocalyptic world, and the machines have taken over and are trying to wipe out the human resistance. The twist: you play the machines. Your tech level is determined by finding artifacts from humanity before you took over. Can anyone tell me what this game was called? I played a demo of it when I was a kid, and I loved it, but can't remember the name.

TheTinyMan

May 6, 2010
Steve Dark said:
Alright, 2 games for your reckoning...

First was a space civ sim. You had your race and there were other races you could diplomacise with. I remember one of the other races looked a bit like a sandwich... I remember you could build ships, and you first decided the size of the ship, and filled up the ships slots with engines and weapons and shiz, so you could fill it full of engines and have it mega fast or have no engines and all weapons for a really slow gun platform style thing. Also the only way to travel between systems was by wormhole, but you could set up wormhole blocks or something...
EDIT: And it was turn based! I think. Well it might have been. Probably?
Space Empires. There are five of 'em out now, and the two most recent are on Steam.
And no one will ever play with me :'(

EDIT: Whoops, maybe I should have read the whole thread. I dum.

Nov 9, 2009
Mine would be this one game where you were in a spaceship-type thing going straight and you had to jump between blocks as you approached them to keep from falling off. That was a very long time ago, but that game was still pretty fun.

adislavchev123

Dec 8, 2010
Hey guys if you can help me remember this old game i played as little.So it was for the pc and it was an fps.The beggining i think you were like in a spacestation then it was attacked i think and you were sent like in a dinasour age or something.Then you find out that there are some guys abducting dinasours and stuffs.There was a tank mission where u had to stop for fuels also a mission where you fight one eye robots.Also the ending i think was one robot chick against one big badass robot and you had to defend the robot chick from some creatures or something.Ye the game sounds totally insane.

MANB91UK

Dec 11, 2010
My game is a SNES Activision game... I've been trying to track it down but have no luck finding the title (this is probably because the seven year old me was convinced the game was actually caled activision but there we go!)

You're etiher a red or blue fighter ship thing (A bit like the hydra from San Andreas) and you fly over what seems to be a forest, then helicopters and little planes and whatnot fly towards you and start shooting and (depending on your ship colour) you shoot Red/Blue flames back at them!

You also have homing missiles sometimes that you can hit them with... at the end of each level you fight a massive ship and have to blow each compartment up separately before it 'dies'

Oh - and if you're playing 2-player mode (red and blue ships together) if you press a button they both stick together...

There only tends to be one track playing throughout the game and it's repeated over and over and generally will never leave your memory - 12 years on and I still remember the tune!

Any help?

ZodiacBraves

Jun 26, 2008
zatzie zombie num666 said:
their was this mega man game i think it was for ps1 and it was kinda like a rpg with the serv bots and that
I don't think anybody answered this yet, and if they haven't I am surprised, but I believe you are thinking of Megaman Legends. I love that game so much.

Ez1o

Dec 12, 2010
Alright, so:

My game is a quite old PC game, with pretty good graphics. The so-called hero is a cat, wearing a pirate hat, and you can gain tresure chests and stuff. It's a hard game.

I think the first level is somewhat of a cave. It's really easy.
The second level is somewhat of a castle, and the boss is a woman. It's kind of hard.

There's also a water level, in which the boss, from what I remember, is a witch with a lot of tentacles, or something similiar.

Shnoz

Dec 14, 2010
I'm super fresh too, as I found this thread through google. I hope someone can help me. The game I would like the name of is an old Platstation 1 game. When I played it it was on a demo. It was a fighting game, with only two playable characters. One was a beetleborg-esque robot, blue, with a light sabre weapon. The other was a female, who also wielded a sword. I know it's not alot to go by, but I really want to find this game!

Edit: I found it, it's called Evil Zone.

Good day.