Games you consider 10/10.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Because I have 156 games which I put 10/10 score, I will just post the list I created on Pinterest.

https://gr.pinterest.com/sweetsharkboss/the-best-videogames-i-ever-played/

Enjoy!!!

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Hmmmmm
There are plenty 9/10 games, but 10/10 requires game to be perfect.
There are few I would call perfect.
System Shock 2- excellent game, even things that other call "flaws" I consider great addition to theme. For example "useless weapons" perfectly fit game world. BFG will kill all enemies around you AND you, organic weapons were designed against you (they only occasionally serve you), stasis tool is as useless as one would expect.
This War of Mine- again excellent game. Like in SS2, "flaws" supplement experience. Mainly, combat is as sluggish and unreliable as one would expect a desperate fight to the death to be (especially between civilians).
Original War- it still saddens me how underappreciated that game was/is.

And that's it.
Sadly other great games are only 9/10 and 9.5/10

P.S. Haven't played Witcher3 yet, but from what I've heard it may be 10/10 material.

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Arina Love said:
Metal Gear Solid 4
never played it my friend but im pretty sure it cant be worse than MGS5. that is the most boring and repetetive game i have played. so much potential that wasted.

Dizchu

...brutal
Sep 23, 2014
AccursedTheory said:
Hardly. Doom is just Contra in 3D. 3/10 at best.
You say that as if it's a bad thing.

blackrave said:
System Shock 2- excellent game, even things that other call "flaws" I consider great addition to theme. For example "useless weapons" perfectly fit game world. BFG will kill all enemies around you AND you, organic weapons were designed against you (they only occasionally serve you), stasis tool is as useless as one would expect.
I dunno, SS2 is my second favourite game of all time (behind Doom) but its flaws such as the terrible ending detract from the experience for me. Like Beethoven's 9th Symphony ending on a bum note. Doesn't make the rest of the experience any less of a masterpiece but ughh, what a poor way to finish.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
I don't work on a number scale, instead I'll list some of my all time favorite games;

Carmageddon,
Borderlands 2,
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl,
Metro 2033,
Killer 7,
Fallout: New Vegas
MDK1 and 2,
Driver: You Are The Wheelman,
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princes,
Killzone HD & Shadow Fall,
Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus (R)
Donkey Kong Land (nearly forgot this, while I played it alot when i was a kid)

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Super Mario World, Okami, God of War 1, Dragon Quest 8...

Note that a 10/10 does not mean perfect in every way, everything is improvable in some way (otherwise, there would be no point in sequels), just great enough that any criticism borders on nitpicky in light of the positives.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Dizchu said:
AccursedTheory said:
Hardly. Doom is just Contra in 3D. 3/10 at best.
You say that as if it's a bad thing.
Don't pay too much attention. AT is just trolling B-cell after B-cell's spent his entire time here trolling everyone else.

I guess if we're playing a numbers game, Doom would get an 8/10 from me, barring fractions. It gets a spot in my top 10 FPS games, but that's about it.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Theres only one game i elevate to such a standard, and even then only in its genre.

That being Warioland 3. Unlike the Mario platformers youre not out to save the princess, theres no fuckawful lives system, and instead of an obstacle course to an end goal you have a number of extremely open ended levels where your only goal is to find the treasures, which in turn may let you access more levels, or upgrades that allow you to access new treasures in levels you already have access to. This on top of the already established Warioland gameplay of having to use certain enemies or level features to put Wario in the correct state to overcome a obstacle between you and the loot.

As far im concerned, Nintendo has never released a 2D platformer as good as that.

And so it is, every time i see another 2D platformer (especially from Nintendo) i think to myself 'How does it compare to Warioland 3?' and the answer i come back to every time is 'It doesnt.'

Feb 26, 2014
Reading through these posts, I've got to wonder, why would a 10/10 need to be a perfect game?

Kingdom Hearts/2: Loved these two games. I've played both of these games so many times! I absolutely love them. Are they perfect? No. Iffy story and often terrible voice acting, but the games are just so much fun!

Sly 2/3: Oh, man, the Sly games were so much fun. The voice acting was amazing, the story was interesting, and the missions were rarely frustrating and so much fun to play! Especially the dog fights, pirate ship battles, and the bamboo boss fights in Sly 3.

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
B-Cell said:
Arina Love said:
Metal Gear Solid 4
never played it my friend but im pretty sure it cant be worse than MGS5. that is the most boring and repetetive game i have played. so much potential that wasted.
MGS 5 betrays everything good about MGS, in my opinion. Instead of interesting locations/levels they put in a absolutely boring open word x2 full of emptiness. They absolutely destroyed cinematic feel and the story delivery MGS is known for. Got rid of awesome boss fights , new crazy characters and talkative Snake. I play and love MGS for a story, batsh*t crazy characters and it's cinematic feel. As a long time fan of the series i never wanted open world MGS...especially if it's done like MGS5.....bleh...

B-Cell_v1legacy

Feb 9, 2016
Arina Love said:
B-Cell said:
Arina Love said:
Metal Gear Solid 4
MGS 5 betrays everything good about MGS, in my opinion. Instead of interesting locations/levels they put in a absolutely boring open word x2 full of emptiness. They absolutely destroyed cinematic feel and the story delivery MGS is known for. Got rid of awesome boss fights , new crazy characters and talkative Snake. I play and love MGS for a story, batsh*t crazy characters and it's cinematic feel. As a long time fan of the series i never wanted open world MGS...especially if it's done like MGS5.....bleh...
well story in MGS games has been convulated. and MGS5 feature little to no story at all so i guess better no story than convulated one.

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
B-Cell said:
Arina Love said:
B-Cell said:
Arina Love said:
Metal Gear Solid 4
well story in MGS games has been convulated. and MGS5 feature little to no story at all so i guess better no story than convulated one.
Never thought MGS story was that convoluted tbh. For outsiders looking in, yeah it's quite impenetrable, but by making MGS without the story they alienated their fans that DO like story. Like me.

the December King

Legacy
Mar 3, 2010
Poetic Nova said:
...Carmageddon...
Carmageddon was a blast! Good choice.

For me, I'd say:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Call of Pripyat
S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow over Chernobyl
Serious Sam
Half Life
Doom II
Risk of Rain
Carmageddon
The Binding of Issac
Saint's Row II
7 Days to Die
Minecraft

EDIT:
Diablo 2

were all games I loved to death, still play when I can, and have the fondest memories of.

The idea of my designating these games with a rating is a bit off-putting, so I won't commit to one- Like Poetic Nova, I too will abstain from a numeric score. These games all made me happy, and though they all might be further explored with individual critiques, I'm not going to get into that here.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
AccursedTheory said:
COD4: Modern Warfare - Just an excellent game. Clean shooting mechanics, solid multiplay. Inspired a completely new wave of games.

Bioshock - They really knocked it out of the park with this one. Awesome abilities, great atmosphere, good story.

Wolfenstein: The New Order - I mean, it's COD with robots. How could they go wrong? Answer: They couldn't, and didn't.
I wouldn't call it COD with robots, aside from some inspirations. Iron-sights and partial health regeneration (the latter has been in FPS before COD even exsisted) are about it. Wolfenstein: TNO is more WII shooter with Duke Nukem/Shadow Warrior quips. Ironic considering BJ before that point was always a silent protagonist. The exception was completing an episode or beating a boss in Wolfenstein 3D.

My choice for a 10/10 game would be Bayonetta 2. That is hands down, one of the best sequels ever made. It is the Streets of Rage 2 this decade. Bayo 2 improved on everything where the first game faltered a bit. The first game is still great and better than most of its peers, but had issues. Unexpected QTEs that will most likely kill you on your first time through, gimmicky levels that drag (the shoot'em up section is the most guilty of this), a lousy port if you owned a PS3 (Sega fixed this with a huge ass patch, but it still counts), and an odd balance in difficulty. The jump from Normal to Hard was so awkward, and don't get me started on Infinite Climax where that mode disables Witch-Time; unless you equip a certain accessory. And some hidden content was hard to unlock until you looked up online.

Bayonetta 2 fixed all of those issues by removing all of those issues. The levels are more evenly paced, gimmick sections are brief and fun, and they added more content that was easier to unlock. You had 5 bonus challenge missions called Witch Trials after completing the campaign, Tag Climax mode (online co-op), and more playable characters. The only cons are that enemies get way more life, even on Easy or Normal mode. This was done to compensate for Bayonetta's version of Devil Trigger, but it's obvious either that she was nerfed or they made the enemies beefier. Playing as Jeanne or Rosa suggest that it is most likely the former, as they can whittle bad guys health really fast. Also speaking of the Devil Trigger, it was made to ease in new/casual players, but that could have been done a bit better since there is already an Easy mode.

Overall, Bayonetta 2 is what most sequels should strive to be: fun, engaging, and filled with content that does not have to shortchanged from the customer.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Not sure about the 10/10 rating, cannot be that absolute with any artistic medium. Hell, even my own opinion is fluid and changing quite often, i don't understand how anybody could just stick to one state of belief for the rest of their life. Everything you love will not last. You are left only loving the memory of the love you experienced, this little thing often referred to as nostalgia that has its' uses i guess, but not a thing that works well for me personally.
Games that have stood out more than most, off the top of my slightly broken mind like protruding brain tumor fungi braced for inquisitive groping;

Dust: An Elysian Tale. Standout criticism...combat is balls out mad. Later in game, many combos are only a couple of button presses away from launching you and your new found friends into stratospheric adventure. New game plus appears to add some game changing difficulty, but i have difficulties replaying single player campaigns, no matter how great.

The Last Of Us. Great, yes. Though feelings only got powerful enough by 3/4 of the way through the game. And the shitty final level sydrome is a small letdown. Perhaps there was an artistic reason, perhaps not. Either way, the final areas felt bland and uninteresting.

Splinter cell: Blacklist. A perfection of all the games before it. Much more freedom, challenge, story, ways to play, meta-game challenges and multiplayer, they took every criticism of previous titles and went to work on every single one of them. Certain opinions are bound to disagree, but i am prepared for such insubstantial disagreement. Criticism for this title is...slightly disappointing boss battle. But this is a very common problem in most great games, i can see how they did try to make it interesting and stealth focused, but it still felt anti-climatic. I wish there was a boss-battle formula that great games could draw upon. Also, no Ironside...but somehow it didn't matter as much after a level or two of exceeded expectations. The replacement wasn't bad, just not as distinctive like Ironside.

The walking dead. Telltales are good at characters and story, not so good with engine updates and gameplay. Still up there with the best.

Spec ops: The line. Had the sweet spot gamer state of mind to get all the feels from that game. Still been meaning to go back to it to pick up on the small touches it contained. Gameplay is nothing innovative, but polished enough to feel satisfying.

Bioshock Infinite. See above, i love the little details in games, subtles touches that are never necessary, but add so much to the experience.

Xcom-Enemy within. No...what are you doing? Don't do that yet...just. Build. Satellites. Satellites for all!!!

Super mario galaxy 1 and 2...Zeldas...all the zeldas. Metroid prime series. Donkey kong 64, Original Perfect Dark, Jet force gemini, banjo kazooie series. *Sigh* Where did all those good ideas go, Nintendo? Don't answer that, it's too late to reclaim what is lost to the winds of time.

Tales from the borderlands. Should've put this with the telltale part, but eh. The balance between humour and heart wrenching emotion with defying of expectations and normal game story tropes are something to behold. It appears as faultless as telltale can get currently.

Rayman Legends. So good. Just. so. damn. good. Sensual candy from all directions.

Transistor and Bastion. There are criticisms, as always, but sum of parts, ladelada. Comabat for transistor is a bit confusing at the best of times.

Ghost recon: Future soldier. I dont know about this one. I guess the whole modern military thing is quite overdone by now and there are only so many terrorists in destabilised countries you can destabilise further until it all feels by the numbers, but this title did surpass many expectations. Criticisms are that the team speaking characters are as typical as they come.

Okami.

Resident Evil 4.

State of Decay. Technically a bit unstable, but as far as zombie survival, community building games with rogue-like elements go, this is one of the best (that i have played so far).

Portal and Half life 1 & 2. Probably don't need to explain myself here.

The Witcher 3. Games this large and deep are often bundled with various criticisms, but ProjektRed have shown great respect and care for their work and their customers. The evolutions between each title are something every game developer would do well to take note of.

Outlast and SOMA. Have yet to play the Amnesia titles, but these are essential horror experiences so far.

Honourable quickies...Bloodborne (souls criticisms apply). Shadow Warrior (insert criticisms here). The New Order. Galak-z-. Deux Ex Human Revolution. Red dead resurgencisms revengings. Far Cry 3/Blood dragon/4/primal.

Max Payne 3. I just want more, is that too much to ask?

GTAV. *nervous cough* Wrong site to be bringing up this game. I have my reasons. The online can bugger off, it means well, but it can still hastily bugger off. Erm, well, ok, i'll just be on my merry way now then...

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Mirror's Edge, if we pretend the boat level doesn't exist. >___> <___<

Also, Silent Hill 3 - probably because I have immense sympathy for the main character well beyond any other character in gaming.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
actually alot of the old arcade games like space invaders, missile command, pacman and tetris would be the four that immediately spring to mind. decades later and people breaking world records in some of these still makes the news

loa

Jan 28, 2012
Probably binding of isaac because pretty much everyone can pick it up and get something out of it.
It even defined its own kind of genre.