GAMES YOU HATE. Say something nice about them!

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
Celtic_Kerr said:
SageRuffin said:
X-Blades had some nice concepts in the grand scheme of things. And the environments were nicely detailed and colorful (mostly).
You were able to focus on the environment? Kudo s to you my friend, kudos

OT: I don't hate games much... I just can't stand some
Will you be surprised to hear me say that I actually tried to enjoy this game? It just had too many things going against it, from the characters (holy fuck I hated Jay [http://www.gamezcheck.de/previews/X-Blades/jay_artwork.gif]) to the sleep-inducing combat, to the voices (which really weren't that bad - Ayumi's demeanor just had her come off as snot-nosed, ungrateful, and selfishly materialistic).

Shame that. It really did have some nice potential.

Theo Rob

Jun 30, 2010
bomberman act zero: it .. was ...a fresh idea?
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! another part of my soul died

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
SageRuffin said:
Celtic_Kerr said:
SageRuffin said:
X-Blades had some nice concepts in the grand scheme of things. And the environments were nicely detailed and colorful (mostly).

Will you be surprised to hear me say that I actually tried to enjoy this game? It just had too many things going against it, from the characters (holy fuck I hated Jay [http://www.gamezcheck.de/previews/X-Blades/jay_artwork.gif]) to the sleep-inducing combat, to the voices (which really weren't that bad - Ayumi's demeanor just had her come off as snot-nosed, ungrateful, and selfishly materialistic).

I was commenting more on the fact that she wore a G-string, a belt on her hips, and a strap of cloth around her midriff... Withing 5 seconds I had her pegged as a *****, but the sleazy dress was simply too much.

I mean, I prefer normally clothed girls. I don't care about the odd sexy dressed girl, but I literaly had either her ass cheeks and boobs wiggling in my face

Akelzero

Aug 9, 2010
Halo: it has AWESOME music.
Bioshock 2: that bit where you walk around as a little sister and look at your good/bad deeds was kinda cool.
Supreme commander 2: The level design (at least, the ones I looked at before I shelved it permanently) was neat.
Spore: I can make a race of little cuddly bears into warlike savages.
Fallout New Vegas: Hardcore mode and the companion wheel were good additions.
The Witcher: I get to do stuff off screen and get trading cards to prove it.

AtomicPineapple

Sep 14, 2009
Wild Arms 4: You would be good for children who have had no previous experience with the franchise, or those who have recently undergone a frontal lobotomy. You also make WA1-3 look even more like the gems that they are.

Final Fantasy XII: Your gameplay intro is less than 20 hours (I'm looking at you, 13), and you are a beautiful example of what the PS2 is capable of.

Mischief Makers: Your graphics are primarily made of balls and that amuses me.

Spyro the Dragon (series): You are child friendly without being panderingly so which I feel is important for gaming as a medium.

Super Mario Sunshine: You are bright and colourful. You also have nice water effects.

Sonic the Hedgehog (series): You have some memorable music.

Musashi:Samurai Legend: You have some interesting main villain designs.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
Celtic_Kerr said:
SageRuffin said:
Celtic_Kerr said:
SageRuffin said:

I was commenting more on the fact that she wore a G-string, a belt on her hips, and a strap of cloth around her midriff... Withing 5 seconds I had her pegged as a *****, but the sleazy dress was simply too much.

I mean, I prefer normally clothed girls. I don't care about the odd sexy dressed girl, but I literaly had either her ass cheeks and boobs wiggling in my face
I thought it was a case of the creators trying too hard to make her seem "sexy" (and the "official fanart" does a far better job, admittedly). And I'm not like most men, as if posting here wasn't any indication; sure, it may be "sexy" to some, at the same time the sheer impracticality of her outfit ends up giving it now substance (pun not intended). So for me, at worst it's just a mild distraction during the cutscenes.

Take the punching bag of the 3D fighting game community, Dead or Alive [http://deadoralive.wikia.com/wiki/Dead_or_Alive_Wiki]. While my favorite 3D fighter next to Soul Calibur 2, the game has a nasty habit of glorifying the female characters and cranking their femininity - for lack of a better word - up to 11. In the Xbox overhaul of the second installment, simply dubbed "Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate", on average the female characters had twice as many total outfits as the males, who, at most, got 9 if memory serves. There's a character named Ayane. While most will lust over her more revealing outfits, I personally think the best one she ever had was the black ensemble featured as her default outfit in the third installment [http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters/ayane-d3.jpg]. Of course, this is all just me though.

But I'm starting to derail the subject. Let's move on.

DudeD1020

Dec 8, 2010
D&D Tactics: It has lovely stories.
FF VIII: I could summon a better game.
Red Steel: I was allowed to play with my katana in public.
Sonic Heroes: Sega allowed me to kill tails and keep him dead.
Lego(All: They made money?

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
Let's go again: Metriod Prime 2.

Frankly, the world is still pretty big and fun to explore, and it posed a very difficult challenge to people who mastered Metriod Prime 1.

(Ammo... For her beams... And a dark world that saps your energy at various rates... Namely 3 a second or 1 a second for the majority of the game. Not to mention the final boss was INSANELY HARD TO BEAT. And then Phazon Samus shows up just to say 'fuck you.' God I hated that game.)

CheckD3

Dec 9, 2009
Bioshock: The first 15 minutes were really awesome and had one of the best openings I've ever played (too bad it sucked after that :p)

Armored Core 4: It's giant fighting robots (but they're not Transformers in disguise, just overly complicated)

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
Dante's Inferno had... nice... controls I guess. The combat was decent.

[MUST... RESIST... COMMENTING... ON... BEATRICE... FUCKING... THE... DEVIL...]

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Drake of the 99 dragons...

um.....

It drove me to want a PS2 all the more and made me miss it while i tried out the Xbox.

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
PowerDrome had hovering F1 cars.
They just had no steering, durability, very little speed...oh, this was supposed to be good?
It had a decent soundtrack.
M&M's beach party (parents bought shovelware. SO glad the Wii broke)
The M&M's were round. It was fun to laugh at the flailing of others.
Well, they weren't really round, more square...damn it, I'm doing it again.
Indiana Jones: Staff of Moses
It's not on my property anymore.
But seriously, it had a cool story with some interesting set pieces (such as riding a motorcycle in an attempt to chase down the main villain. As the sidekick fires rockets at him, you have to constantly drive faster and cleaner so the parted river doesn't crush you when it comes together. That was fun)
Mario Party
Some of the minigames are fun. And that .5% is hard to find

zega frega omega

Dec 5, 2010
Sonic Adventure 2 had a fun Chao-raising mini game, only problem is I have to actually (and willingly) put the game in my system and play a level to get to raise the Chaos. The idea of playing as baddies also opened up a new concept for story-telling, which would focus on individual character-perception and narrative. Too bad nothing was done with it; everything that could have been played as Shadow could have been played as Sonic, vice versa, etcetera. And I can't say anything nice about SA 1. That game just plain sucked.

Modern Warfare 2 made a bold move both in setting and story. Playing in the United States (my homeland) gave a feeling of despair and hopelessness to the game play (beyond what was already present). The story had something going for it; it had a strong twist and characters with some potential to be interesting. Even so, the game was loud/obnoxious/monotonous/ignorant/offensive to the military/offensive to the Russians/offensive to anyone who hangs out in airplanes/stupid. You know what- nothing was good enough to redeem that homogenized, vacuous, overly derivative game. Forget I said anything.