Games you have given up on and why?

Kevlar Eater

Sep 27, 2009
Let's see. What I gave up on:

Bayonetta - The game is nearly impossible to beat on hard.

FEAR 1 and FEAR Files - I stand no chance against the enemy AI.

Bully: Scholarship Edition - The game was literally crap when I put the disc in my 360.

Too Human - Game refuses to acknowledge that I completed three tier 3 charm quests and give me my achievement. Same for the elite armor set.

Prototype - Final boss is nearly impossible to damage, while he's capable of killing with a couple of hits (or even one).

Juiced 2 - Worst racing game ever created.

Chromehounds - Literally no point in playing it, now that Sega shut down the servers for it. And over 80% of the achievements revolved around multiplayer.

Gears of Wart 1 - General RAAM on insane is... freaking impossible.

Zetsubou-Sama

Mar 31, 2010
Resident Evil 5: The Two mini-gun guys before the final chapters and after two of those roaches things is just infuriatingly hard.

FF XII: No story whatsoever, and no characters to motivate my gaming or my grinding left me at the doors of Feywood.

Sonic 2006: Just a bad game.

Fallout 3: I played that game to take my mind off some bad stuff that was going on my life at the time, whenever I pop the disc I get a taste of those days which prevents me from enjoying the game. I was doing a mission where I have to save the crew of that girl from Underworld from a bunch of supermutants.

Lerxst

Mar 30, 2008
Since I've been reminded of them....

Let me just cover the whole genre right now - First Person Shooters. The last one I ever completed was Doom (yes, the first one). You walk around, shoot stuff, read some BS dialog, shoot more stuff... repeat for 2 weeks of your life that you will never get back.

There are two exceptions. One is Max Payne, which had some really good storytelling. The other is Hitman Blood Money, which I hesitate to call a FPS unless you royally screw up.

Thunderhorse31

Apr 22, 2009
supertoast099 said:
Thunderhorse31 said:
supertoast099 said:
GoW III on Titan mode. Guess why.
C'mon, if I can do it, you can do it. Just keep at it - how far did you get, by the way?
Those two goat things in Hera's Garden. Fuck those and whoever decided to make them impossible to kill.
Ah yes, they do suck much much worse in 3 than any other game in the series. I'd recommend the Cestus to soften 'em up, plus if you can grapple them 3 times, it's an insta-kill.

Grapple
Jam on circle a few times
Repeat x2
????
PROFIT

Good luck, if you ever decide to go back.

Jekken6

Aug 19, 2009
Ninja Gaiden 2. It's not the combat difficulty, but the fucking annoying platforming.

Custard_Angel

Aug 6, 2009
Perfect Dark.

I finished the game on the first two difficulties, but couldnt finish it on the third due to constant deadness.

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
A remake of Final Fantasy 1. I fell down a hole or something, which put me in a small tunnel 3 squares in size. The ONLY way out is a door guarded by a monster I was way too unprepaired for, and when I died, Odin sends me RIGHT back to that same spot. Thus I was eternally screwed. This was my first bad FF experience.

Treeinthewoods

May 14, 2010
Dragon Age: Origins. I am too indecisive, too much of a completionist and too stupid to figure out how to be any good at that damn game. I really tried though, I swear. It's just after being killed for the 300th time while trying to walk to a different town I get discoraged.

Also, Borderlands. It's not fun singleplayer and the friends I play with are already at level 40+.

I gave up on Final Fantasy 12 because my Xbox distracted me with Oblivion, I gave up on Final Fantasy 13 because I was getting incredibly bored. Went back to Final Fantasy 13 a month later though and I'm starting to like it more. I just had to make it through the 30 hour tutorial first apparently. Now I'm wandering plains performing hunts and the game seems better.

Thallis

Mar 30, 2008
NoblePhilistineFox said:
ff9,
REALLY, hate that game, it is NOT a final fantasy.
final fantasy stopped at 8 for me.
What the hell, man. IX was the best Final Fantasy there was.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
GTA games. WAYYY too much traveling. I'm so glad they finally implemented fast travel in Red Dead Redemption

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Sgt. Sykes said:
snip
Far Cry when I encountered the first mutant, because it turned a great game into a pile of shit.
snip
Me too. I came back to it 6 months later and finished it though.

Silent Storm and Silent Storm Sentinels. Fucking Panzerkleins. Once i got the right mod I played them through a heap of times, I still play them now.

Audio

Apr 8, 2010
Monster Hunter Tri
I didnt realize how much bullshiz grinding you needed. Fishing, farming mining....collecting bugs. FFS! I just want to run at the big dragon and swing my fat ass sword at it with some mates. Couldnt they take that crap out and put in more monsters? =/

CLEVERSLEAZOID

Mar 4, 2009
I think I'm right at the end of Army of Two 40th Day, but I've completely lost interest. It just feels flawed.

The only thing I really enjoyed about the game was the conversations between Rios and Salem. Especially the Panda Fucking conversation. That shit made me laugh so hard I had to pause the game and finish my laughter fit. Then go online to check I actually heard what I thought I heard. Confirmed what I heard, then laughed some more.

DarkHourPrince

May 12, 2010
Final Fantasy XII. I got 85-90 hours in and finally got ahold of another game worth spending that kind of time on. I really didn't care to see how 12 ended, I just had literately NOTHING ELSE to play I hadn't already beaten.

DarkHourPrince

May 12, 2010
Thallis said:
NoblePhilistineFox said:
ff9,
REALLY, hate that game, it is NOT a final fantasy.
final fantasy stopped at 8 for me.
What the hell, man. IX was the best Final Fantasy there was.
Agreed. Final Fantasy stopped at 9 for me, anything after the PS generation is just... ugh.

Mandal0re

Oct 18, 2008
Too Human. Because everything about it was completely and utterly shit. First and last time i take the plunge on a new release without doing my research.