Games you have played to death?

Zouriz

Apr 28, 2011
Any games you have to played to the point of absurdity?

One game I loved playing to death was Pokemon Red. I have beaten that game so many times it's ridiculous. I even put restrictions on myself to make it more interesting. Like beat the game with only Charmander.

I don't remember beating Super Mario Bros 3 too many times(probably because I had to beat it in one sitting), but I do remember searching everywhere for secrets. I wouldn't leave a single stone unturned. It's one one the first game I have ever played, I have a lot of fond memories of that game.

I had way too much free time when I was a kid.

way2sl0w

Resident COD Fanboy
Jan 29, 2012
1. Diablo II's item lusting kept me coming back 9 years after the fact.
2. COD (Raises flame shield)

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
way2sl0w said:
2. COD (Raises flame shield)
MW2: Endgame, purely for:

Yeah, don't ask why... just dig the soundtrack... it's the only reason I play the game... -_-

R:TW - along with shedloads of different mods
ACII
SW:KotOR - I'm due for another playthrough this summer...
Sniper Elite - haven't got V2 yet so taking glee in the crappy graphic bullet time shots

Popadoo

May 17, 2010
Oblivion, Skyrim, I'm currently 30 hours into Fallout 3 after putting off buying it for years, and I have 100+ hours in Terraria.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
Counter-Strike.

About 1650 hours for Counter-Strike: Source on the Steam clock.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Devil May Cry 3. Man, I love that game.

I think I'm also reaching that point with Team Fortress 2, but that's got more of an excuse.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Morrowind. I was a kid. It was the first open world game I played. The first TES game as well. My mind was blown. I was playing it all day long. I had dreams about it every night because of that. I knew every inch of Morrowind and every NPC. Everything about it was safely stored inside my head. I have to admit that Skyrim is a better game in every aspect. But the magic is gone. I think the biggest problem is that I know a lot about the games I'm picking up before they're released. I knew nothing about Morrowind when I bought it. I just liked the cover art. I didn't know anything about any of the games I was picking up because I wasn't allowed to use the internet for anything besides games like CS and Quake. I'm sure if I had Skyrim when I was a kid I would have loved it more than Morrowind.

WhyBotherToTry

Jun 22, 2011
Bioshock. I played the absolute crap out of that game. I honestly think I'd be able to navigate some of the areas blindfolded and I know all of the locations to all of weapon upgrades and all the gene tonics. And it's still just as good now

Fractral

Tentacle God
Feb 28, 2012
I'm very proud of myself having just clocked up a total of 500 hours on Pokemon White. Thats ~30 hours for the main story, and ~470 hours EV Training/Breeding/Grinding.
Other than that, I generally get bored of games very quickly. The next two would probably be Halo:Reach, where I advanced to Brigadier in the Multiplayer then got bored and played something else, and Skyrim, which I've put around 100 hours into, but which I'm now very bored of. Nothing other than those 3 comes to mind.

Tombraiderf4

May 13, 2012
Final Fantasy X, Earthbound, Mario Party, Enter the Matrix (for some odd reason that game was addicting as fuck) Warcraft III, Counter-Strike, and now League of Legends, lol.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Just recently, League of Legends. So damn addicting, I even went and got the Pentakill Sona skin. Sooooo damn cool!

I will get good with Riven if it kills me! No way i'm letting go of the coolest character in the game! Then I shall buy her Battle Bunny skin and own more face with it nyahahahahaha!

Difficult but Awesome is just Riven in a nutshell. I once Broken Wings'd into a bush instead of into a low health Jarvan just because she was facing the wrong way XP. She only changes direction if you're hovering your mouse over an enemy otherwise she just goes straight forward. She does not follow where your cursor is if it's not hovering over an enemy, it's kinda important to remember that...

Needless to say "Report Riven!" was posted in All Chat soon thereafter.

[sub]So i reported that guy for "Negative Attitude" Trololololol![/sub]

Her Ult is the most "oh fuck this!" thing in the game. Guy flashing away on low health? Dash into range with Valour, reforge the sword, make the cutest little battle cry ever and just Wind Slash the fucker down.

"The time for talk is over..."

Well, actually Karthus' Ult is the most "oh fuck this" thing in the game. Press R to Win indeed...

I'm not even lvl 30 yet, I doubt i'll be going into Ranked anytime soon anyway. You seen the godlike amount of last hits people get? There was an Ashe in one of the random Spectate games on the homepage just going "pew, pew, pew" and getting every single last hit in the lane... I know she's a Carry and that's her job but all of them? Really?

In general, the Ace Attorney games. People who claim zero replay value are just wrong. Good games are always worth replaying.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
Played Super Smash Brothers Melee 7 years straight after it's release and even though I've turned the game inside out, I can still enjoy playing it non stop with friends.

Instant K4rma

StormFella
Aug 29, 2008
Skyrim, Mount&Blade: Warband, and, strangely enough, Fallen Earth has been getting a lot of mileage lately.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Starcraft. I played that game inside and out. I tried to find EVERY SINGLE exploit, glitch, and oddity I could find.

Pokemon. Nuff said.

World of Warcraft. Again, probably don't need to go into detail here.

Bioshock. Beaten it at least 8-9 times already... and I'm considering going back for more.

Jaeke

Feb 25, 2010
Oblivion: +600-700 hours.

I now understand why people like Morrowind the most, because it was their first ES game, and Oblivion was my first ES game (I ended playing Morrowind, and if you know me you know I dread that game) and even though I've played Skyrim for over 300 hours now and think that its still a better game than Oblivion, there's just still some magical thing about Oblivion that I hold over Skyrim.

WoW: 'nuff said. Well actually... the main reason I played it was that it was a means of communication with my family out west (I'm in Florida, they're in Idaho... and for those that don't live in the U.S. its about 3000 miles) but when I think of the time spent playing that game, sheesh, makes me think of where I could have been now.

LOTR: BFME 2, I'd say around 200 hours alone on Multiplayer. Probably my favorite strategy game, closely followed by Warcraft III.

Fallout 3: Prefer it in every way to New Vegas (except Iron Sights), and around 150 hours with just one character.

Dragon Age: Origins: my first playthrough I had around 75 hours before I even got to the Landsmeet.

Red Dead Redemption: I'm on my 3rd playthrough, and I'm on the mission just before... the saddest damn thing you will ever experienced, and I'm dreading to finish it.

Ocarina of Time: First REAL game I can remember, and I probably owe my "gaming career" to it. I still have my N64 that I first played it with, though if I play it, I play it on a Gamecube.

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
Tekken 6
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fallout: New Vegas

Can I say Minecraft? I don't think that's possible until you reach 000's.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Karutomaru said:
I beat Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop 12 times! 12 times!!!!!!
So that was 12 zombies that you killed as well, then?

OT: Played a lot of Dark Souls recently. Disgaea as well, those games are damn long. I also remember playing loads of Saints Row 2 back in the day.