Games you have played to death?

yuval152

Jul 6, 2011
252 hours in MW2 multiplayer,44 hours in team fortress 2 and about 50 hours in skyrim.(would've played more skyrim but it bored me)

I also played alot of F:NV and fallout 3.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Lear said:
Civilization III. Played it into late night one-more-turn sessions, even when I was a wee lad. Lost the disk, replaced it with The Complete Edition. Played it more. Tied with Galactic Civilizations II as a favourite game once I discovered GCII. Continued to play. Civilization IV came out. I bought it. Enjoyed it. Just didn't think it as good as CivIII. Went back to CivIII, playing CivIV only sparingly. Continued to love it. Had awesome moments (the best, a World War scenario triggered by me (Byzantine Empire) bombing the Scandinavian Republic, my friendly neighbor to the south, out of complete boredom. 'Twas awesome). Eventually, Civilization V Came out. Bought it. Enjoyed it. Thought it far superior to CivIII. Now I balance out mostly playing CivV, CivIII at times, when I want ma Civ fix.
have you played Alpha Centuri? It is the sequel to Civ 2. I love Alpha Centuri

Syzygy23

Sep 20, 2010
Karutomaru said:
hazabaza1 said:
Karutomaru said:
hazabaza1 said:
Karutomaru said:
I beat Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop 12 times! 12 times!!!!!!
So that was 12 zombies that you killed as well, then?
I killed at least 3000 at the minimum on each playthrough.
I think you missed the point of my subtle joke.
I made a funny.
Har de har har.
I don't get it... That wasn't funny. Your joke implied that I only killed one zombie for each playthrough.
*sigh* It's a crack about the wii's sub-par hardware. The joke was that it didn't have enough... blast processing... to render more than 1 zombie per playthrough.

BathorysGraveland

Dec 7, 2011
I would say I have played Gothic II to death, playing through it 5 or 6 times (and it is a big game). But honestly? There is still shit in that game I haven't yet seen/done.

Damian Skinner

Sep 20, 2011
As a kid everyone in my family would play Hogs of War on the PS1 to Death. We wasted three copies of that game.Skyrim and Dragon Age Origins too.

dietrichrieper

Nov 24, 2010
there are of course games like dragon age and fallout which simply take a lot of time to play, but there are also games which I play to have a laugh and which always have me coming back for more.

the most recent of these is saint row 3, simply a lot of fun to play and perhaps the only game I ever got to 100% completion.
other games that come to mind are hulk ultimate destruction, and the spider-man 2 movie game, and probably GTA vice city, back in the day when GTA was saints row, ergo fun.

Ddgafd

Jul 11, 2009
Rogue Galaxy +200 hours easily. Kingdom Hearts 2 +150 hours(I just started a new playthrough). I don't think I've ever crossed the 100 hour line on any one file.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
City of Heroes, Starcraft: Brood War, Final Fantasy Tactics, Elder Scrolls games, Diablo 1-2, Doom, just to name a few. Brood War and City of Heroes are a vast vast amount higher than the other games I listed.
It is the difference between 100s of hours and 1000s of hours. Of course I played CoH for like 5 years and I played BW for like 14.

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
Oblivion, and RDR.

Oh Red Dead Redemption. What a GAME. Only just finished undead nightmare 100%. I played the singleplayer to death. I've completed it 100% like, three times. The only game I really have completed 100%..... It's just so fun!

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
Most of the Kingdom Hearts series. Namely number 2.

Then theres also TF2, but that game is naturally a time sink so theres no surprise there.

EtherealBeaver

Apr 26, 2011
Dota 1 for about 4000-5000 hours.

Seriously.

1-2 hours a day on average for 9 years. Its probably higher than that as well because that is not counting the LAN parties, all-night-events at local LAN centers and 12-hour-straight weekend training sessions with the various clans I have been in.

Other than that, steam tells me I had 197 hours in Kings Bounty, 132 hours in Tropico 3 and 121 hours in Starwars Kotor.

ParanoidEngineer

May 20, 2009
My Company of Heroes suffers from a curse. I call it the "Curse of Caranten"

Why?

Because everytime I get through the Caranten missions of the original Company of Heroes campaign, at some point, something really bad will happen to my PC, and I'll have to start again. It doesn't happen with the British one, the PE one, or the Tales of Valor mini-campaigns. It's only Caranten.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Call of duty, I've only spent about 60 hours for each game since cod 4 but I am most regretful of all the time I spent on them. But why?

I do essentially like the gameplay, yet I keep coming away from it so unsatisfied. I think it is just how to spite all the different weapons they all play the freaking same and every game mode in every map plays out the same. The weapons are all just so damn similar and the really unique stuff has just been nerf-ed to hell, shotgun are too limited in range and explosives have been compromised across the board. You play with some full uto high damage weapon or suffer for it.

I realise that domination mode (cods main original multiplayer mode) is fundamentally broken as in practice it is a game of King Of The Hill due to how the closest points to each spawn are easiest to take and defend, it is the central point that can be reliably taken to have. Score advantage. But once the enemy tem has a certain score lead they are guaranteed to win even if the other team captures the central point the points earned fom holding their point near spawn will edge them to victory.

Free for all is utterly broken from the spawn system unless you play on a very large map with less than half the max capacity of players.

Team deathmatch isnt very good for how a single bad player can cost defeat, not by being unable to get kills. In other words it's not the tem with the best players, it's the team with the least worse players. In tf2, if a player just sit AFK or mindlessly runs into the fray nd is easilly killed, well, that's only one less

But in cod, if someone keeps running out there and gets killed 12 times and only 1 kill then the enemy team nets 11 kill lead, in a game with 75 kills to victory that is. Huge lead. In the end I find myself trying to race these idiots to get to the campers and kill them before they kill the noobs on my team. In other games even the worst teammates contribute something and almost impossible to directly help the enemy by incompetence.

Oh and the kill streaks.

Yeah, that's what kills it for me. People camping or boosting for kill streaks and even after killing over a dozen people without dying - that in itself guaranteeing that player just netted a +12 kill lead - they re then rewarded with some utterly OP bullshit that is NOT fun to fight. A helicopter looking overhead raining down fire at conveniently highlighted targets not just slows down the game. I ALWAYS carry a heat seeking missile as my secondary, no pistol or nothing else, just that as I always need it to shoot it down, it's busy wor. Either that or hide in. Corner somewhere camping like a *****.

Black ops fuck this up royally with blackbird combined with dogs combined with chopper gunner is about as balanced as the greek fiscal budget. Hell, just counter spy plane and chopper gunner is broken in the more cluttered maps as you can't see on radar where it is to aim your rockets then it can easilly shoot you to pieces before you can get a lock on and fire TWO BLOODY ROCKETS!!!

I just cannot play any more cod games any more, they are so tantalising in their concept but deliver so poorly.

deathninja

Dec 19, 2008
System Shock 2 has been played at least 3-4 times a year, every year, since launch.

Other than that I've probably clocked 1000+ hours in the various incarnations of Sacred 2, no joke.

asdfgtrew

May 19, 2012
Jade Empire and the original halo, I've probably completed each of them 6-7 times. I loved the original xbox.

Foxglove

Jan 8, 2012
My most played games still include

The original X-Com: Enemy Unknown game.
Theme Hospital

And more modernly...
League of Legends
SW:KotOR 1&2
Sims 2