Games you just...stopped playing

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
There's a number of them,
Dead Space (the first one): Got to the final boss, but after several attempts got fed up with it.

LoZ: Skyward Sword: Got to the first boss, fought him once, haven't gone back. One of the major breaking points for me was the shield degradation thing. Pain in the ass.

Star Trek: Legacy: Got to the one early Next Gen mission where you're supposed to stop these stellar fragments from hitting these planets. No matter what I did I couldn't pull it off.

Persona 3: Got to final boss, fought him 3 times, got fed up. Been thinking about going back and trying the game from the start again though.

Sonic Heroes: Fuck those special stages

Red Dead Redemption: Got bored.

Warcraft III: Not sure why, maybe I should reinstall it and try again.

Destroy All Humans: Got to this one mission where you're supposed to nuke the human made flying saucer, couldn't figure out how to pull it off. Got fed up with it.

Spider-man: Web of Shadows: Got sick of being Luke Cage's *****. IE the plot didn't seem to be going anywhere.

...and many more.

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
V1rax said:
Red Dead Redemption

Could not stand the game.

In my own defense I hate GTA and Rockstar so I really shouldn't of bothered but I jumped on the bandwagon, was the last time actually.
See, I didn't hate the game, but by the time I got to mexico, and realized that I wasn't even half-way done, I just put up the controller. I respect games for having long storylines to keep fans interested for a long time, and really get their money's worth and then some, but the game just didn't interest me.

Since then, never played any of the Rockstar games.

Oh, and also part of the reason I stopped playing was because my brothers were much more infatuated with the game, and so both beat it before I did, and I was watching out of interest (Red Dead is more fun to Watch than to Play in my experience).

Kinda like what happened with literally every single Assassin's Creed game. They are good and fun, if not particularly different for all the ones starring Ezio, but knowing how it all ends for each one kinda kills it for me. The dicking around potential isn't enough to keep me going, because I have saint's row for that (beat saints row 3 three times so far. too bad it's a bit short, but fucking hell is that game one of the must plain old fun in years)

grey_space

Magnetic Mutant
Apr 16, 2012
Crysis 3. I just...didn't care.

Arkham City. I loved Asylum but just didn't get into it. I may pick it up again.

That's about it. I tend to be fairly selective about the games I buy so if anything I tend to replay games I already have rather than buy new ones.

Zeke17

Jan 1, 2013
The only game I've quit on was Skyward Sword. I usually really like Legend of Zelda games but this one was boring for me. I left Link stuck in the ship dungeon without a single regret.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
The list of games I just stopped playing is too long and embarrassing for me to show in detail. That being said, the list of games I genuinely found boring and yet finished anyway is equally embarrassing, yet not as long. The reason I finished these "boring" games was that I was desperately hoping they would get better the farther I got in the game. These are games like:

GTA IV
Borderlands
Crysis 1 and 2
Far Cry 2

Weird, right?

8bitmaster

Devourer of pie
Nov 9, 2009
I have way too many. Can I just say "3/4 of my backlog" and be on my way? No?

well to name a few:
uncharted 2
3d dot game heroes
tales of graces f
tales of the abyss
hitman absolution
dead space
dark void
dark sector

and thats not even 1/10 of what i'm behind on. I'll finish em at some point. You know, when time allows.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
This happens to me with Skyrim all the time. After a while I just realize I'm not having any fun with it and go to a different game. Skyrim is just too big, by the time I finally get around to attempting the main quest I just don't care anymore.

Not to mention the world feels completely lifeless, and they've seemingly got five people doing all the voices in the entire game.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
Two come to mind.
1) GTAIV.....I guess I stopped playing it because I was an hour or two in and the game really hadn't started yet. I then got distracted by something else. I'm sure I'll pick it up again but I'm in no rush.

2) Kingdoms of Amalur......I stopped playing this one for over a month because I destroyed my right wrist in a motorcycle accident. I finally started playing it again over the weekend and discovered I was only a few hours away from the ending.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
Honestly I have way too many to post on here. 90% of them are console games :/