Games you loved INSTANTLY.

blackhole1

Jun 7, 2010
One day, I downloaded the demo for Sins of a Solar Empire...

The next day I went past every game store I knew to try and find a copy of the full game...

Never happend before and no game ever since did that to me afterwards.

Lamppenkeyboard

Jun 3, 2009
thomasvano said:
Lamppenkeyboard said:
I recently started playing DoW Dark Crusade. I then realized how amazingly badass Warhammer 40K was.

I really want to try out tabletop game, but I still am trying to find one of my friends who has the means to and the desire of playing the game.
Not to mention having the expendable cash to get the rules and the codex and the models along with it.
Ha ha, definately that too.

Marowit

Nov 7, 2006
I liked Mass Effect 1, but I didn't think it was anything special.

In Mass Effect 2 when I stepped out into space after the Normandy was attacked at the beginning of the game, and everything went silent except my characters breathing, I instantly loved the game.

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
Mass Effect, KotOR, Red Dead Redemption and Dawn of War. Good times...

vrbtny said:
Jeez, i wish everyone would stop being so mainstream.
Fun fact- a good portion of mainstream games are mainstream for a reason. They're good.

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
Fallout 3.

I got this game thinking it was good, I was wrong.

It was the best game ever.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
No more heroes. A near permanent grin was glued to my face when I started playing it and didn't stop for four hours.

Wordslinger

Apr 3, 2010
Portal, Bioshock 2, Kingdom Hearts 2 (KH2 is actually what forced me to go back and finish KH1), and Oblivion.

EvilGamer89

Dec 24, 2008
bhenders13 said:
EvilGamer89 said:
bhenders13 said:
Advent Rising for the original Xbox. some don't like it, but for me personally that was my favorite game
I am in love with you, lol I loved that game, i wish i hadn't loaned it out now i'll never see it again... )
yah same here, but i got it again on ebay for 5 bucks! unfortunately, the xbox 360 isn't backwards compatible, and i sold my original xbox :(
I have a bad feeling my original x-box is taking a dump, but a friend of mine said he thinks he saw the game in a local media exchange around my place so once i get some money i'm gunna go check it out.

OT: I just remembered another... for the original x-box again RLH: Run Like Hell. That game hooked me right away

bassdrum

jygabyte!
Oct 6, 2009
I knew going into it that I would love everything in the Orange Box, but that was a pretty safe bet (considering that Valve has a pretty excellent track record and that two of the games were already proven successes). Other than that, I knew pretty much from the opening of Call of Duty 4 that I was in for something good, and Mass Effect 2's opening was so deliciously awesome that I played long into the next morning before I could convince myself to turn the thing off.

J-Alfred

Jul 28, 2009
Kingdom Hearts. There were games I liked quickly, but Kingdom Hearts hooked me with the Jpop song video. Yeah.

Reolus

Mar 11, 2010
Mount and Blade, I support TaleWorlds 100% and have both Mount and Blade and Warband. It is an incredible game, I love it.

That and Medieval: Total War.

:)