Games you loved INSTANTLY.

Buffoon

Sep 21, 2008
Hmm... WipEout 2097 is the game that first comes to mind... I got the demo, it had one of the best pieces of electronica I've ever come across, that music coupled with the visuals (brilliant for their day), the speed, the handling... it rocked my world.

Final Fantasy XIII too. I'm predisposed to love anything FF related, but FFXII had been disappointing IMO so I was not too sure going into XIII. But literally the first 5 seconds of the opening music was enough to make me fall in love with it. I'm still surprised at how many people found the beginning of that game to be lacklustre.

Sallix

Apr 9, 2008
Just Cause 2, first thing you have to do IS CATCH A DEAD GUY in mid air after jumping out of a plane to recover something.

Arduras

Jul 14, 2009
Battlefield 1942 - I just knew that me and my buddies would be laughing our arses off in pure joy playing it.

Baldur's Gate II - yeah, I just went nuts for that game.

Ohh and Dragon Age - for the same reason above.

bhenders13

Jun 9, 2010
EvilGamer89 said:
bhenders13 said:
Advent Rising for the original Xbox. some don't like it, but for me personally that was my favorite game
I am in love with you, lol I loved that game, i wish i hadn't loaned it out now i'll never see it again... )
yah same here, but i got it again on ebay for 5 bucks! unfortunately, the xbox 360 isn't backwards compatible, and i sold my original xbox :(

Gunner 51

Jun 21, 2009
Walker for the Amiga. What's not to love about a big time travelling, machine gun toting walking death-mobile which cuts down armies?

Alien Breed for the Amiga. OK, it's a rip-off of Aliens. But the gameplay, sounds and music were great!

Jesusthewizard

Nov 18, 2009
Splitsecond i literally went squee on the demo when the tower came down and the plane came directly after it got it the day it came out after never regretted it.

Mirrored Jigsaw

Feb 25, 2009
Weird answer here, but Deadspace. I entirely expected it to be terrible, then I started it, and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

It still isn't scary at all, but it's damn fun.

Carrotslayer

Jun 14, 2010
Ninja Gaiden 2. Downloaded the demo on the 360 and I insantly fell in love with it. My relationship with it was like a summer romance, short, intensive and it unfortunately came to an end. I hardly play it anymore...

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
vrbtny said:
Jeez, i wish everyone would stop being so mainstream.
Let me try!

- Incredible Crisis ( http://bit.ly/9xTiQO )
- Condemned 1 (the instant you start investigating)
- Okami (when I had my first cherry tree moment)
- Lunar Silver Star
- Killer7/No more Heroes
- Last Blade 1+2 Collection

and winners by far:
'Thief' and 'Vagrant Story'. As soon as I saw the intro I was lost in their worlds.

Kwatsu

Feb 21, 2007
Mass Effect. It's the game I've always wanted to play.

And God of War. The battle with the hydra sold me, right there.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
seanmcdow said:
lost odyssey. What an opening that game had!
Not to mention the great bittersweet ending. I don't care what the fanboys say, 'Lost Odyssey' is the Final Fantasy that these games weren't since part 10.