Games you loved INSTANTLY.

Mannayz

May 6, 2010
Not to sound like I'm a Valve fanboy, but I immediately fell in love with Half-Life and Half-Life 2. I also immediately fell in love with Resident Evil 4.

Eklyx

Jul 2, 2009
I went over to a buddy of mine's house and he was playing Just Cause 2. It's impossible to describe my thoughts upon finding out that there was a sandbox game with a hookshot.

Arisato-kun

Apr 22, 2009
Blazblue Calamity Trigger. Loved it after the first round.

Mass Effect comes to mind as well. The second I saw my Shepard strut through the Normandy to the command console I knew I was in for one hell of a ride.

Persona 4's the earliest I began loving a game after purchase though. The opening is just fantastic.

ilikepie59

Dec 4, 2008
Mass Effect 2 was really great right from the start. Plus importing my own custom Shepard from ME1 created an even stronger connection.

Also, Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance. It chucks you into a huge fight right from the start and you get up to creating armies of experimentals in the first level.

jaammiie

Master of the Universe
Jun 3, 2007
Crackdown. As soon as I heard the agency director, I knew it was going to be fun.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
Fallout 3, Oblivion, KoToR 1 and 2...I think I fall in love with most games since I only buy games that I know i'm going to like...

Arisato-kun

Apr 22, 2009
The Spectator said:
Persona 4 definitely. When something like this happens in the start of the game:

.. then you can't help having a nerdgasm.
L1250 said:
Thank you for reminding me just how much ass Persona 4 kicks. I feel inclined to respond with this:
So much awesome in a single thread.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
shoot, I fell in love with Kingdom Hearts before the game even came out.
A game I fell in love with the first time I played it: Kung Fu Chaos.
A game I fell in love with after it came out AND I thought I wouldn't like it: F-Zero GX

Dapper Ninja

Aug 13, 2008
Arisato-kun said:
The Spectator said:
Persona 4 definitely. When something like this happens in the start of the game:

.. then you can't help having a nerdgasm.
L1250 said:
Thank you for reminding me just how much ass Persona 4 kicks. I feel inclined to respond with this:
So much awesome in a single thread.
This could not be any more true. Everything about Persona just oozes awesome.

Ironman126

Dark DM Overlord
Apr 7, 2010
Fallout 3, Half-life 2, Portal, Frontlines: Fuel of War, Starcraft, Empire Earth, and Age of Empires 2: Age of Kings; respectively.

EvilGamer89

Dec 24, 2008
bhenders13 said:
Advent Rising for the original Xbox. some don't like it, but for me personally that was my favorite game
I am in love with you, lol I loved that game, i wish i hadn't loaned it out now i'll never see it again... anyways

Back on track, Shadow of the Colossus, And Borderlands (Ain't No Rest For the Wicked by Cage the Elephant is what hooked me the rest history)

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
God of War, I just thougt, OHMYGODIMSOGONNALOVETHISGAME!
And Jak and Daxter, love it.
And Half-Life 2, Portal and TF2.