Games you NEVER finished / gave up on.

Grampy_bone

Mar 12, 2008
Hoshigami - 20 hours in and my guys are only level 10? You gotta be fucking kidding me. This game is trash.

Magna Carta: Tears of Blood - Bought it on an impulse, tried to play it several times but I couldn't keep it on for more than twenty minutes at most. Ended up selling it back to EB.

Tales of Legendia - Beat the normal game but never finished any of the epilogues. I guess because the gameplay was so boring and the characters were so lame I couldn't care less about their individual stories.

Also, Hydlide is actually pretty easy once you figure out where the stupid trees you have to burn and stuff are. The hardest RPG ever was 7th Saga for the SNES, due to a bug(?) the american version has gimped stat gains, making it damn near impossible... and I beat it.

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
Arc: Twilight of the Spirits.

Most of the boss fights take a while. I'm currently on one that I swear MUST be impossible.
I'm quite close to the end of the game as well...

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Halo - after chasing that stupid computer through the same hallways fighting the same enemies for an hour, I quit and never played again...

There are other games I haven't finished, but didn't give up on... yet...

GodofDisaster

Premium member
Sep 10, 2009
Greyfox105 said:
[PROTOTYPE].
I just got so bored with it. even the blood started to bore me on it...
And I like bloody games.
This I give up on that game after I defeated Green and by then it, just didn't seem worth it.

D0WNT0WN

Sep 28, 2008
Metroid Prime 1, 2 & 3.

I always get lost and I have never finished them and I bought all 3.

Hybrid Sight

Sep 13, 2009
Skies of Arcadia for sega dreamcast. I was about 10 when i started playing it and i never finished. but now that im older i could've probably finished it.

elementsoul

Aug 28, 2009
The newest Alone in Dark. Those fucking roots of evil. Some I could not even kill because I could not get in range to throw a fucking bottle at it. And when you have to kill more I just said fuck it and traded it in.

UberMore

Sep 7, 2008
The_Oracle said:
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, which was a shame, because it had a lot going for it, but the infamous Star Destroyer level is utterly, UTTERLY broken and is fucking impossible on a Xbox 360 controller. The game developers should be ashamed of themselves.
I don't get how so many people had a problem with this...then again, I am/was a hardcore SSX:Tricky player, so I was used to mashing both analog sticks down and then letting go, over and over again.
It also seems to be an xbox-specific problem; I had no trouble on the PS3...but I think we can use sixaxis to help.

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones, Mirrors Edge, Ninja Gaiden Sigma (purely because I got Fallout 3 and that has taken over my life), Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge, Red Faction 2. That may sound like quite a few, but I have a sizeable game collection, so it's only a very small percentage of my games.

May 28, 2009
stinkychops said:
Yeah, I bought Dark Sector and none of it was enjoyable. The guns were lame, there was only one way to efficiently kill enemies, the blade was unintuitive, the story sucked. I just stopped playing at the cemetary, I pretended I was stuck.
I didn't even pretend. I just stopped when I got attacked by - not zombies - "infected". I stopped and instantly returned it to the person who lent me it for bloody CoD 4 in return. Is there any game swap more one-sided than that?

Flushfacker

Mar 17, 2009
Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 9. Fallout 3, Mass Effect. Guess Im not a big RPG fan I got 9/10ths of the way through FF7 though, barely played Mass Effect more than a few hours and only just left the vault of Fallout 3.

Ham Blitz

May 28, 2009
When I was young, there was some Chicken Run game for the Playstation, and then The Elder Scrolls of Oblivion

sharpshooter188

Mar 9, 2009
oblivion. ironically there was so much to do that i literally just got tired of it and wanted the game to fucking END.

that and the spell visuals were terrible. the fire looked like fluffy orange clouds....come to think of it that was about the only effect besides lighting. everything was a different colored cloud.

dark sector. had the elements to be a great game but something felt missing and i just got bored with it.

Grand Theft Auto 4 - realistic to the point where it was boring. yeah im gonna take my girlfriend out....then have her chew me out cause im driving fast and flipping my car. yeah thanks mom.... lol ok but seriously when the woman gets on my ass about not getting new clothes? ugh... and those useless friends.. yay lets play pool or darts... if i wanted to play that i would literally go out with friends and do it.. that way i could at least TASTE the beer while im flinging pointy projectiles.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events. Great game, but the Peppermint Popper was bullshit.