Games you regret buying

bak00777

Oct 3, 2009
Guitar Hero Van Halen, i love Van Halen, it was just a bad game. I got it for only $15 but i still feel like i spent too much.

LamborghiniJackson

Jan 15, 2010
Halo...

I like games where I can shoot a guy and see blood or something, not armor falling off or yellow auras (idk if Reach and ODST have it). And I'm tired of aliens and unrealistic guns.

TheHermit

Nov 30, 2009
Starcraft 2, I just personally didn't enjoy it.
As a big fan of Starcraft I didn't like where they went with the story too.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
mParadox said:
The topic explains it all. Which game you bought that you hated and considered a waste of your money?

Mine was Just Cause. The damn game was terrible in every way.

My first thread, yay!
I can pretty much garuntee that, unless you're opposed to fun in everey way, Just Cause 2 will make up for all the dissappointment of Just Cause 1. ^^

OT: Probably H.A.W.X 2 (it was worse than the first one, IMO). It's okay tho, because I'm gonna trade it in on friday to get Dead Rising 2. Thank god for EB Games' 7-day trial period XD

SideburnsPuppy

May 23, 2009
Dawn of Mana. Stupid leveling system. It was nigh impossible to actually gain EXP in the first place (you need to throw objects at enemies in an incredibly broken physics system to actually progress your character), but you reset to level one at the start of the next chapter.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
Metro 2033, Halo 3 (Reach and ODST were AMAZING!!! Halo 3 was horrible), some aspects of Fable II made me hate it, others didn't, and Portal for the PC.

the_bearpelt

Dec 26, 2009
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days.

Okay, I loved the first 3 games. 1 and 2 were a lot of fun, and 2 fixed problems that 1 had. KH Chain of Memories on the GBA was a pain in the ass, but then I got it for the PS2 and finished Sora's story. That game was a bit repetitive to play, but it's the only game that ever made me change my mind about a main character like that; I used to hate Riku, even after he went good again, but seeing the crap he had to go through ALONE made me respect him.
And then this one just ruined the whole thing. They fanfic'ed themselves with a fourteenth Organization XIII member (friggin stupid) who was boring as hell and for SOME REASON ALSO HAS A KEYBLADE. None of the characters were interesting. The gameplay was horrendous. You do the same 3 mini-games over and over again. The story had no point. UGH. PONG IS MORE EXCITING THAN THIS GAME IS. AGH.
AND WHERE THE HELL IS KH3 WHY HASN'T IT COME OUT YET AGH.

v3n0mat3

Jul 30, 2008
Chrome hounds. Hear me out: I bought that game in May of this year. So there was nothing to play other than the long and tedious single player mode.

jcg

Jul 14, 2009
Overlord II for the pc, it's the first game that made me rage quit a game (and i pug a lot in WoW). I really tried my best to like it (it being made by dutch people and all) but a man can only take so much crappy controls before snapping.

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
Modern Warfare 2 and, especially, SoulCalibur Legends.

Monster Hunter Tri is on my list; I thought that I'd like it, but, really, it takes way to long to do stuff in it.

Oh, Guitar Hero: World Tour, also. I REALLY regret that... *Sniff*

Anyways, I don't ever regret buying any game that I enjoy playing for a while, play for at least 10 hours, got for cheap, or got as a gift, and the rest of the sub-par games in my collection fit this criteria.

crazypsyko666

I AM A GOD
Apr 8, 2010
SPOOOOOOORE.

I HATE YOU EA. YOU'RE THE WORST PEOPLE EVER. YOU TOOK A BRILLIANT SCIENCE BASED GAME WHICH COULD HAVE REVOLUTIONIZED THE WAY WE SEE SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST AND TURNED IT INTO AN AWFUL, STUPID KIDDIE GAME.

I HATE YOU.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
I don't think there is such a game, sometimes I've gotten less enjoyment out of a game but in those cases I just learn from it.