Games you regret buying

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
archvile93 said:
zHellas said:
archvile93 said:
Bioshock, it was not worth $5.
Yeah! I agree! It was worth $55!
Don't be a smart ass, I'm not in the mood.
im in the mood.....To buy Bioshock for 100$ ( i love that game)

OT: There are few games i regret buying since i only buy what ill enjoy. Or wait till the game is around 10$ to pick up. But I'd have to say MW2

Celador

Oct 26, 2009
Champions Online (got nerfed way too often) - 50$

Dawn of Discovery and Venice (bug ridden and boring) - 75$

Defense Grid (just boring) - 10$

Galcon Fusion (i don't even know why i bought it -_-) - 10$

Killing Floor (so atrocious that i couldn't even play 10 minutes without vomiting) - 15$

Mayhem Intergalactic (no one else is playing it... literally) - 10$

R.U.S.E. (shoddy acting, bugs, pathetic storyline) - 18$ (regional jewel, its cheaper than steam version)

Unreal Tournament 3 (don't understand, nor like it) - 10$

Democracy 2 (bored after 1 hour) - 20$

Assassins Creed 2 / Settlers 7 / Splinter Cell: Conviction (boring, boring and bug ridden, boring and abandoned by UBI) - 54$ for all 3 of them or 18$ each

Hammerfight (bug ridden, weird and ultimately - boring) - 10$

Stupid mistakes, lack of demos and misleading infos :/

This is nothing though, compared to some real $#%& that i bought and regret to this day:

Demigod (unplayable multiplayer, bug ridden, lack of campaign, beyond boring) - 60$

Battleforge (lots of cheaters) - 30$

Age of Conan (nerfed my character and turned out to be huge disappointment overall) - 100$

Guild Wars (no idea why, but i stopped playing two days after the purchase) - 25$

[drum beat]

Everquest 2 (wasted years, wasted money and nerves) - 1000-2000$+

EQ2 was both my first MMO and first multiplayer game, it was also the first time when i had to use credit card to pay for something over the internet. Without eq2 i would not have learned about Steam (or learned significantly later) and i would not have tried other multiplayer games either.

/sigh

Just remembered:

Conquest! Medieval Realms - 30$ Again - no idea why i bought it. Lacks proper multiplayer, boring as a result.

ltbigjohn

Jul 28, 2010
too human was not even worth the 3 dollars i paid as virgin mega store was closing...nuf said

Vnwater

Jan 3, 2010
Infinite Undiscovery- I paid 5$ for it and it got me when I got quest number 7 or so. Made me go wtf there's side quest!!!!

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Sirevien said:
Guild Wars (no idea why, but i stopped playing two days after the purchase) - 25$
Same thing happened to me. Except it was more that I'd been a beta player, and they massively overhauled the game balance about a month before the game launched, and turned combat from a joy to a chore.

lcamps93

Jul 3, 2010
The old Turok's were awesome on the N64... but i wanted to snap the disc in half then "Turok" was released!

Quantum Star

Jul 17, 2010
Castlevania 2 from the Virtual Console. I could've had River City Ransom! I didn't know 2 was the shitty one!

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Killzone 2: I hated it.

Modern Warfare 2: I hate the multiplayer and like everything else, it's hard to say if it was a waste of money.

HAWX: It was garbage, even more so when you compare it to Ace Combat.

Quake 1-3: Not compatible with Vista or Win7 and it says NOTHING on the steam page. Very upset about that. Also the music was disabled I read somewhere and you have to enable it in a very dumb way. I never played them either so I was really upset and disappointed.

Megaman X6: Horrible horrible let down of a game.

Sonic 2006: we know why.

Candidus

Dec 17, 2009
Woodsey said:
HL2 was 3-years-old by that point and packed in with 3 brand new games and Episode 1; not really seeing how it was the main event.
3 years on I was still hammering Halo 2 with mates at college, every day in the guild room, 4-5 hours a day. Half Life 2 was reputed by Valve's fans to be leagues ahead in terms of physics, gameplay, story, the works; and I wasn't skeptical, I was excited because PC Gamer and 70% of the internet seemed to agree.

Turns out they were all mistaken. Physics were novel but not as entertaining as I'd anticipated, vehicles like the amphibious bike thing seemed to lose said physics altogether, treating shallow water and pavement just the same! Pretty pathetic. The weapons weren't exciting save for the gravity gun (so, gameplay was a snooze), the plot is convoluted in a pretentious way- like the 'Lost' TV series, which I despised... It just didn't float my boat- even compared to its contemporaries, it was in my opinion way below par.

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
Fanatical said:
The Red Dragon said:
Tom Clancy's Endwar. Why oh why did I buy it, ill never know. Ugh.
Hey I was about to say that. Glad I was not the only one.

"I want to command my troops with the head-set."
"Very well sir. Would you mind screaming your orders so everyone in the house can hear you? Oh I'm sorry that was not the right tone, try in a louder more obnoxious pitch."

Why did I do that? Why did I buy you?
skip to around 40 sec
OT: Power Drome. it wasn't worth the $2.99 I paid. Everything controls like crap, the ones that go faster than a turtle explode in three wall hit, and the rubberband AI only had one end. I'll let you figure it out.
HINT: I lost just about every race, even when I didn't blow up at all. Two seconds from finish line in 1st place....and AIs 1-5 pass him going five times the normal speed. So sad. And he's flinging the disc across the room...it shattered on impact!
archvile93 said:
TomLikesGuitar said:
archvile93 said:
Bioshock, it was not worth $5.
Haha, good one... Now seriously take that the fuck back right the fuck now. My reaction. Exactly. To a creepy level.
Nope, Unlike most people I was able to see through the interesting setting and realize how shit the GAME part of the GAME was.
that sir is your opinion. I don't see the problem people have with the controls. I actually liked them. i could do with a few less vita-chambers though...

Wodan

Feb 8, 2010
crazypsyko666 said:
SPOOOOOOORE.

I HATE YOU EA. YOU'RE THE WORST PEOPLE EVER. YOU TOOK A BRILLIANT SCIENCE BASED GAME WHICH COULD HAVE REVOLUTIONIZED THE WAY WE SEE SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST AND TURNED IT INTO AN AWFUL, STUPID KIDDIE GAME.

I HATE YOU.
This. With all its passion and glorious usage of the caps lock. I was always a bit cynical when it came to new games coming out, but spore cemented the cynic in me when it comes to new games. I was never so let down in my life. The cake was a lie, and by cake I mean hype. I wish i could have the money back I paid for that POS... Also dam you Robin Williams for promoting that POS... I am always filled with unspeakable rage when some one mentions that POS as well... in fact let me HRRRRRNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

Whew almost lost it there...