Games you regret buying

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
joshthor said:
I have alot of games i regret buying. as a pc gamer i need to be more thoughtful with my purchases. imma get a xbox and ps3 as well though, cause alot of these games are fun on the xbox/ps3

GTA4 - fun on xbox
Tomb Raider aniversary
Grid - fun on xbox
Wolfenstein - looks fun but glitchy on pc
Need for speed undercover
COD MW2 - fun on xbox
Gears of war - looks fun
far cry 2 - TERRIBLE TERRIBLE GAME
assassins creed - fun on ps3
dead space - looks freaking terrifying
well, you can still gift them... or exchange them with your friends ?

joshthor

Aug 18, 2009
Orcus_35 said:
joshthor said:
I have alot of games i regret buying. as a pc gamer i need to be more thoughtful with my purchases. imma get a xbox and ps3 as well though, cause alot of these games are fun on the xbox/ps3

GTA4 - fun on xbox
Tomb Raider aniversary
Grid - fun on xbox
COD MW2 - fun on xbox
Gears of war - looks fun
true. now i just need to find friends that have a pc good enough to game.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
joshthor said:
Orcus_35 said:
joshthor said:

GTA4 - fun on xbox
Tomb Raider aniversary
Grid - fun on xbox
COD MW2 - fun on xbox
Gears of war - looks fun
true. now i just need to find friends that have a pc good enough to game.
that's another problem to think about... heheh

Iskenator67

Dec 12, 2008
My Comfy Chair
Country
United States
Lost Planet. I paid $60 for it and the game was great but I beat in under 3 hours and was pissed find that's all there is. It was waaay to short and had no replay value at all.

CRAVE CASE 55

Jan 2, 2009
Krantos said:
TomLikesGuitar said:
archvile93 said:
Bioshock, it was not worth $5.
Haha, good one... Now seriously take that the fuck back right the fuck now.
Sorry, I have to agree with archvile. Maybe it was good on PC, but the 360 version just controlled so horribly that it was a total let down. I liked everything, except for the actual gameplay and the fact that the horror element lasted only until you fight your first enemy.

Other than that, both fable games and Kingdom Under Fire.
It's not supposed to be a horror game. Just have a atmospere of depression and hopelessness.

smearyllama

May 9, 2010
Chainsauce said:
FFXIII. Oh god, it was so bad.
Your avatar... it is a copy of mine! We must duel! Have at you!

OT: Oblivion for the PC. I played it on the console and wanted to try out all the nifty mods.
Unfortunately, none of the PCs I've had since I bought it could run it. The PC I'll build soon should remedy that.

Daniel Ferguson

Apr 3, 2010
Any movie tie-in ever. I learned my lesson after some LOTR and Transformers games for PS2. I got them cheap at least.

Quad08

Oct 18, 2009
Two Worlds.

Just a broken game overall. Had some moments of fun, but not enough...not nearly enough

Marathax

Dec 28, 2009
archvile93 said:
TomLikesGuitar said:
archvile93 said:
Bioshock, it was not worth $5.
Haha, good one... Now seriously take that the fuck back right the fuck now.
Nope, Unlike most people I was able to see through the interesting setting and realize how shit the GAME part of the GAME was.
THANK YOU!! Finally someone else who hates that crap! I found it to just be a boring brown shooter game with absolutly no story and if it was any more linear then it would be a wooden tightrope infested with termites.
OT: Halo series. Once again, boring and not even fun to play.

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
Borderlands.

Mostly because when I got it I was so far behind that my friends had already beaten it along with all the DLC and had moved on to something else, so I had to play the whole game in single player.

I tried matchmaking multiplayer, but that was worse than single player since all my allies wanted to do was speed through as fast as possible and leave me in the dust to fight off monsters that are far beyond my ability to kill.

Also, Dragon Age Origins on Xbox 360.

Not that I didn't enjoy it, I just wished I'd waited until I got a decent PC so I could run mods with it and play it like a tactical-rpg, and not have to play it like a action-rpg with slow combat.

park92

Aug 1, 2009
stukov961 said:
Command and Conquer 4.
Dear lord that was a terrible way to end a series.
agreed i liked the command and conquer series to the 3rd one tiberian wars then EA fucked it up really bad

Doc Funky

May 22, 2010
I know I've been beaten to almost all of these, but hey:

Grand Theft Auto IV - They took out so many of the things I loved from San Andreas, and I couldn't stand the story or characters. Thank God I bought the Collector's Edition.

Modern Warfare 2 - I played multiplayer for a week or two before realizing that I was having absolutely no fun at all. Thank God I bought the Prestige Edition for a hundred billion dollars... ~_~

Final Fantasy XIII - Jesus Christ, thank you, Square, for giving me almost no control over any part of the game. I can't even choose my goddamn party members, or where we go, or ANYTHING? UGH.

King of Fighters XII - There's not even a story. Not even a cheesey KoF story...just a time attack mode. WHY?

Borderlands - The RPG part of the game just doesn't mix with the shooter part well enough for me. If I'm shooting someone in the head, I shouldn't be taking off only a sliver of health because my gun's stats are lower than the bad guy's level. It's still a bullet entering flesh. Anyway, I get the concept, it just doesn't work for me. Thank God I bought all the DLC when it was on sale...

Lost Planet - It looked so cool...how could blowing up huge bugs be bad?! Earth Defense Force 2017 was amazing, but Lost Planet's clunky controls just killed it for me.

Trauma Center: Under The Knife - Those last patients...my God. I have never been so close to snapping my DS in half. THANK YOU ATLUS.

park92

Aug 1, 2009
PhunkyPhazon said:
Guitar Hero World Tour. I didn't think it was possible to mess up as simple a concept like strumming to plastic guitar, so naturally Activision had to put together the most lackluster set list possible. (Or so I thought, everyone says GH5 is even worse) I recently sold it on Amazon...for about $10. *sigh*

That put me off the whole 'plastic instrument' thing for a while, until I played Rock Band 2. Harmonix, thank you. Just thank you.

Oh right, I almost forgot about the WiiWare version of Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney. However, I only got it because it was the only game in the series I didn't already own. But that still doesn't make it any less painful that it's such a lazy, half-assed port. Seriously Capcom, you couldn't have even added pointer functionality?
i thought guitar hero world tour had some good songs like livin on a prayer and hotel california btw only songs i ever played lol