Games you suck at

INF1NIT3 D00M

Aug 14, 2008
I suck at FPSs on the PC and I have never played an RTS online because I suck so bad. I cannot ever beat pokemon games not because of any real difficulty, but just because I never take the time to lvl up any pokemon besides my main one and I have a backup maybe half the leader's lvl and then I leave the others to rot or stall for time when the first ones die.

goodman528

Jul 30, 2008
sports and racing games i suck at. Mainly because I can't control the thing on the screen exactly how I like, the controllers always over/under steers, and I never seem to press the right keys at the right moment.

Also suck at online FPS, becuase they are repetitive, and not so entertaining.

Surprising perhaps, I'm quite good at RTS games online other than warcraft III (I hate blobs), mainly because of the micro all over the map, macro thinking, and quick reactions. So I can fight simultaneously on different parts of the map and still dodge grenades, :p.

jackiebrown22222

Jun 5, 2008
Realistic racing games. I love playing Burnout and Need for Speed, but playing Grid or Gran Turismo was just so boring. It doesn't help that my car spins out at every turn.

FPS. I don't suck, I'm just not very good. My friends owned me whenever we played Halo 2 offline multiplayer. Although I did kick some ass at at Enemy Territory Quake Wars. But I might try Resistance 2 just for the hell of it though.

r4ndom

Aug 24, 2008
I wouldnt say i 'suck' at it, but my personal weakness would be Quake III Arena (but only in 1 vs 1 mode)

FPS gaming that involves guns should be frantic, and exciting. Quake III Arena managed to turn this into a game of chess with weapons.

The Q3 formula goes thusly...

Get Rocket Launcher. Get Armour. Get Rail. Camp those points. Spawn kill.

For me, it totally lacks what i'm looking for in a sci-fi shoot-a-thon.

wewontdie11

May 28, 2008
Just anything on PC. In my experience I seem to be better than, or at the very least average at nearly every game I play on console, but sit me down with a mouse and keyboard and prepare to witness some suckage. Doesn't matter if it's a FPS (made the mistake of attempting to play on my friends CS clan server once and I spent about half an hour sitting doing nothing and 2 minutes actually playing), platformer (I'm currently going through Psychonauts again but I can't even get past one part of Basic Braining because of my ineptitude at PC controls) or an RTS I am god awful.

FranicalFrazical

May 5, 2008
Psi-Ops - Never could play it without overlooking something or messing up slightly

Also a French copy of LOTR The Third Age and there is no language setting

danosaurus

Mar 11, 2008
RTS Games

I instantly lose patience after a few levels and will look up the money cheat for it and just blaze my way through it, feeling like a god the whole way...

LordCraigus

May 21, 2008
RAKtheUndead post=9.67409.662375 said:
A rush seems to me to be too much like Russian tactics during the Second World War - a complete waste of resources.
That's kind of ironic in a way, my favourite real-time tactics games are the one's where I can play as the Red Army in WWII. Their skill and tactics weren't as advanced as the Germans I'll admit, but don't knock them just from the myths perpetrated by German officers after the war, and further perpetrated in crap like Enemy at the Gates.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
I considor myself a good gamer (I play all my games on the highest difficuly (when they have them, Like Gears or COD) but I could never get the hang of Halo 3.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Anything geared towards online play, particularly FPS. I won't say the H-word but it's a little hard to swallow when every single player in a given match gets a better score than I do in every single match even after I've had several hundred rounds practice.
It's never exactly clear what I'm doing wrong either- I aim straight, take any meaningful advice from others I can get and always focus on my objectives (CS:S is one of the few I don't mind playing in short bursts). But that doesn't mean much when you can unload an entire clip directly into someone and not actually hit them, only to have them pop you in one shot.
Online FPSes also have it bad in the way of the 'gloat factor', which I think may have been what inspired the character of FPS Doug in Pure_Pwnage.

Bigfatstupid

Aug 8, 2008
Hm, well to tell the truth. I ROYALLY suck at most 2-D fighting games like Street Fighter, Capcom vs SNK and Mortal Combat. Which makes me kinda sad because I think fighting games are kinda cool. I can do pretty good on Super Smash Brothers Melee but thats it.

And when I say I suck at fighting games, I mean I SUCK. . .Like I can't past the first challenger suck.

How embarassing.

LordCraigus

May 21, 2008
RAKtheUndead post=9.67409.664617 said:
I was going to go for the whole "like soldiers running across no-man's-land during World War I", but that's mostly a myth as well, as is the idea that World War I was totally static. I'm still waiting on an FPS set in World War I, but I suppose that the difficult morality would make it a lot harder to sell than the cookie-cutter World War II games that are out there.
It's a vicious circle of sorts, the people who want good, realistic and accurate World War games have to do with what few good ones there are out there, while the big companies still church out the same old WWII crap to an audience who is, for the most part, bored of it.

Relics

Aug 26, 2008
RPG. Never understood those kindoff games. I always get confused. The tenbillion of quests that you are given. It's alot of reading and remembering. For me it is not fun. It they gonna have a ton of dialouges atleast they can vocie it. I don't wanna read books and things like that. I never liked RPGs. Prehaps Fallout will change my mind.

Gishface

Jul 14, 2008
I'm terrible at all games where headshots are possible. Which means I suck at most FPSs like CoD4 and MGS4, but I rule at TF2.

I also can't say I've had much trouble with the Sixaxis in terms of ergonomics. Maybe I just don't play enough.